Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of debate about our D..We have gotten statistically better at issues we struggled with last year. Long ways to go with much stiffer competition through, just need to keep the bend but don't break going.

NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com

#22 in 3rd Down Conversion D
#15 Red Zone D
#19T Turnovers Gained
#33 Scoring D (All that really matters)

VS

#96 Total D. Yikes
#128 Passing Yards. Double Yikes.

Which means we will send 3 or 4, drop 7-8 in zone, and get carved up.
Banks has the rest of this season to pick it up or we need a change there. I think he is a good position coach, but I’m not so sure as a DC. Can’t even imagine a top 25 defense with this offense,

I would not freak out about the Pitt thing. You can look at one road game each year for good teams and think “that game was closer than it was supposed to be” this is not unusual
Pitt beat them overall. More yards. Nearly double the YPA (Slovis still threw for over 300 and Sims was an atrocious 3.8 ypa). GT did run better by 1.9 ypc, but that's about it. Pitt had 8 more 1st downs.

The main thing is you can't win with a 0-3 turnover deficit. That's not all about playing better or worse as a team than the opponent. A lot of variance/luck involved. Just one of their RBs by himself had 2 of the lost fumbles himself.

Banks has the rest of this season to pick it up or we need a change there. I think he is a good position coach, but I’m not so sure as a DC. Can’t even imagine a top 25 defense with this offense,
We need to give Banks a chance to get players in here before we judge him….. we have a talent issue that is getting better every season.

A lot of debate about our D..We have gotten statistically better at issues we struggled with last year. Long ways to go with much stiffer competition through, just need to keep the bend but don't break going.

NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com

#22 in 3rd Down Conversion D
#15 Red Zone D
#19T Turnovers Gained
#33 Scoring D (All that really matters)

VS

#96 Total D. Yikes
#128 Passing Yards. Double Yikes.
We started good last year too and got progressively worse as the season went on. I think teams figure out Banks tendencies and then exploit him. Almost every third down last year, he dropped into zone. We have played a lot more man on third downs this year and helped change that. But he went back to his old ways last week. We shall see how we finish.

Reactions: VolNash17
Headed to church but wanted to post this for fun:
We beat Bama lose to UGA finish 11-1
UGA beats Bama in SECG both are 11-1
Who is left out of the playoffs? No way they take 3 SEC teams.

Bama would have to beat Ga in the SECCG for us all to be 11-1. But to answer your question, us. We get left out. Without a moment’s hesitation. Strength of schedule, power indices, poll numbers be damned. No way they’re leaving out Bama, or the reigning champs.

I remember when @InVOLuntary , @BaldBiker, and I built that. @InVOLuntary told us it was lost in a fire…guessing that he used it to pay off a gambling debt to @Orangeredblooded
😎

Okay, so with inflation, rising costs Of living, etc., @InVOLuntary my part of that wagon comes out to be equal to an 85’ houseboat, fully furnished and delivered…please make the color scheme tastefully done in Pantone 151 and white. Make the helipad a white helmet with a Big Orange power T please.

Can you have it delivered by the championship game? If you do, I will have us a pair of tickets. 😎

15-0 🤠

Magnesium, preferably in a form you absorb well, like magnesium glycinate. I'd take at least 400mg elemental magnesium (I take considerably more) for a while. Virtually everyone has sub-optimal levels, regardless of what serum levels claim, and it greatly predisposes us to excessive muscle activation and 100 other things you don't want.

1712AAF3-614C-43E2-BE4F-5A3DA9BE3B2B.gif

I remember when @InVOLuntary , @BaldBiker, and I built that. @InVOLuntary told us it was lost in a fire…guessing that he used it to pay off a gambling debt to @Orangeredblooded
😎

Okay, so with inflation, rising costs Of living, etc., @InVOLuntary my part of that wagon comes out to be equal to an 85’ houseboat, fully furnished and delivered…please make the color scheme tastefully done in Pantone 151 and white. Make the helipad a white helmet with a Big Orange power T please.

Can you have it delivered by the championship game? If you do, I will have us a pair of tickets. 😎

15-0 🤠

How's life several days in the past? Let me know if you want any info on events here in the present (future from your perspective). FYI, yesterday was a crazy day of college football.

Just messing with you but it seriously feels like that wagon post was from mid last week.

They won't. Not sure they'll make top10
Could see them taking NC State's spot maybe. Could also see Ok St jumping us with their ranked road win and starting out only 38 votes behind us. Maybe.

Don't really care either way. Just beat LSU and Neyland will be packed to the brim for Bama.

We need to give Banks a chance to get players in here before we judge him….. we have a talent issue that is getting better every season.
I disagree. We have had two recruiting classes. Most starters on the D line and all the starters at linebacker were hold overs. Yet they are playing well. D line is very well coached and the linebackers look much improved. That’s coaching. The DBs look lost and laughable in zone defense. No one takes a man when someone enters their zone and always keep their eyes on the QB instead of players too. That’s poor coaching. I am not sure if that is on Martinez or Banks. But when your DBs look lost so much and you keep calling a scheme that doesn’t fit them, that is a coordinator problem to me. I don’t hate Banks, but if you compare him to a lot of the other DCs on the SEC, you would probably take a lot of the other DC’s. We are paying him handsomely for the 96th rated defense in the nation and we haven’t even played a good offense yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back