Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty crazy that Tennessee/LSU, a game relegated to an 11:00 AM local kick-off, will now be likely the only Top 25 matchup in the SEC next week after LSU gets ranked. Bet CBS and ESPN are mad they didn’t give it a prime time slot. Instead, a crappy Auburn team and a 2-2 TAMU get the two “good” slots. Oh, and an Alabama possibly without Bryce Young.
Good, because our odds to win that game go up dramatically when the game is played at noon instead of at night there.

Pretty crazy that Tennessee/LSU, a game relegated to an 11:00 AM local kick-off, will now be likely the only Top 25 matchup in the SEC next week after LSU gets ranked. Bet CBS and ESPN are mad they didn’t give it a prime time slot. Instead, a crappy Auburn team and a 2-2 TAMU get the two “good” slots. Oh, and an Alabama possibly without Bryce Young.
I just hope they don't figure out a way to move it at the last second. Bet Sankey is on the phone with them telling them he can personally make a night game in Baton Rouge happen.

Maybe that will be us some day. I guess the possibility keeps us all coming back.

I don't want to win that way. I just want unbiased officiating so the team that deserves to win actually wins. I would even settle for occasionally getting screwed by refs making honest mistakes instead of blatantly getting butt-reamed by corrupt officials protecting cash cows. It's been corrupt garbage for as long as I can remember watching sports and seems to disproportionately effect UT athletics. Also have seen it go against lots of less popular teams playing against "dynasties" built on corruption like Bama, the Gators, OSU, the Patriots, Duke/UK/Kansas basketball, the Lakers during the Shaq/Kobe years, etc.

I just want everyone to be on a level playing field but sports are similar to politics in the fact that corruption and self interest will always ruin things.

I don't want to win that way. I just want unbiased officiating so the team that deserves to win actually wins. I would even settle for occasionally getting screwed by refs making honest mistakes instead of blatantly getting butt-reamed by corrupt officials protecting cash cows. It's been corrupt garbage for as long as I can remember watching sports and seems to disproportionately effect UT athletics. Also have seen it go against lots of less popular teams playing against "dynasties" built on corruption like Bama, the Gators, OSU, the Patriots, Duke/UK/Kansas basketball, the Lakers during the Shaq/Kobe years, etc.

I just want everyone to be on a level playing field but sports are similar to politics in the fact that corruption and self interest will always ruin things.
Truth...and having programmed robots do it will only make it worse.

Reactions: gainesvol82
No biggie...it's my fault for being too dumb to succinctly articulate my thoughts sometimes..🤷‍♂️
Or it might be the person that watched football all day and drank some (not very much, Vols weren’t playing and I’m old 😁). You’re still my buddy. I’ll go back and read tomorrow and probably laugh at myself.

edit: it’s always been a trigger point for me with people I like. Don’t ever refer to yourself as dumb. Your not, and if you do, then I become a not so nice person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Or it might be the person that watched football all day and drank some (not very much, Vols weren’t playing and I’m old 😁). You’re still my buddy. I’ll go back and read tomorrow and probably laugh at myself.
Nope...pretty sure it's me, a couple of others also didn't understand my point, because I obviously didn't make it very plain.

Don't care how we win. Deflate the balls, pay the players, pay the refs, have "cramps" on every down... Just win until we #checkerBryantDenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back