Oklahoma Potential Replacements (2025)

Don't believe we have ever played a Big 10 school in season.

Penn St in 1971-72 but they were an independent at that time. Didn't join Big 10 until 1990

Rutgers in 2002, 1985, 1983 and 1979. They didn't join Big 10 until 2013. Played in AAC which was create from the Big East conference

Maryland would be a good one.

Don't believe we have ever played a Big 10 school in season.

Penn St in 1971-72 but they were an independent at that time. Didn't join Big 10 until 1990

Rutgers in 2002, 1985, 1983 and 1979. They didn't join Big 10 until 2013. Played in AAC which was create from the Big East conference

We beat Iowa in 1987 in the Kick-off classic in New Jersey. Then we beat Indiana in the bowl game that year to close the season.

Reactions: imw8n4u
Let’s schedule App State
200w.gif

We beat Iowa in 1987 in the Kick-off classic in New Jersey. Then we beat Indiana in the bowl game that year to close the season.

ture. Forgot about Kickoff classic. We have played other Big 10 schools in bowl games.. just not in season except for the New Jersey gig which I was at. I always viewed that has a bowl type situation. special games setup and not part of regular schedule. But I just forgot it also

Power 5 schools that aren't good. Virginia, Stanford, Arizona State, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Arizona, Boston College, Cal, Northwestern, Duke...teams like that. Hell, how about Nebraska?

Those schools have power 5 names and look like good wins to voters and media. But in reality, you're as likely to beat them (if not moreso) than App State, Marshall, and the like.
Didn't Stanford take us to the woodshed a few years ago?

ture. Forgot about Kickoff classic. We have played other Big 10 schools in bowl games.. just not in season except for the New Jersey gig which I was at. I always viewed that has a bowl type situation. special games setup and not part of regular schedule. But I just forgot it also

I was there too! It was the original August/neutral site regular season game that is so common now. We played in the 5th one ever and were the third SEC team to play in it. Auburn lost to Miami and Alabama beat Ohio State in '84 and '86.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Teams that have not full-filled their schedules for the 2025 season.

Top Tier- Penn St., Stanford, Utah, Oklahoma St., Cincinnati, TCU

Mid-Tier- Houston, SMU, Rutgers, Northwestern, UCF, Duke, Washington St., UTSA

Low-Tier- Georgia Southern, James Madison, Ohio, Kent St., Liberty, UTEP, Rice, North Texas, MTSU, Florida Atlantic, East Carolina, Tulsa.

Bottom Tier- All FCS schools.

I would love to play one of the top tier teams but would settle for Houston or UCF match up. If low-tier then lets go with Liberty or James Madison.

I wouldn't mind a home and home with Okie State.

Reactions: hog88
With Texas and Oklahoma coming we should schedule Austin Pea. Miss me with all this Pen State and Oklahoma State Bs. With most likely a 9 game conference schedule we need a cupcake

With Texas and Oklahoma coming we should schedule Austin Pea. Miss me with all this Pen State and Oklahoma State Bs. With most likely a 9 game conference schedule we need a cupcake
The Peay ain't no cupcake anymore.......................:eek:
Playing next year in Knoxville.

Still say Rice is the choice.

I was there too! It was the original August/neutral site regular season game that is so common now. We played in the 5th one ever and were the third SEC team to play in it. Auburn lost to Miami and Alabama beat Ohio State in '84 and '86.

I took the picture so I'm not in it. those 5 are who I went with to game. Drinking beer I snuck into stadium.. :)

Maybe you're in the picture?

Attachments

• img581.jpg
    img581.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: VolArmy74
Any team that would be a test for Tennessee and make them better. Playing teams with less talent don’t mean anything.

Reactions: hog88

They'd never do it cause of home game revenue, but if Heupel train gets rolling for a few years, I'd love to see Tennessee do a "road" game at MTSU or Memphis..... Hell stay in the regents and come to UT Martin lol

For one million billion dollars, there are plenty of teams that would be willing to cancel a game and schedule one at Neyland. Options are unlimited.

Teams that have not full-filled their schedules for the 2025 season.

Top Tier- Penn St., Stanford, Utah, Oklahoma St., Cincinnati, TCU

Mid-Tier- Houston, SMU, Rutgers, Northwestern, UCF, Duke, Washington St., UTSA

Low-Tier- Georgia Southern, James Madison, Ohio, Kent St., Liberty, UTEP, Rice, North Texas, MTSU, Florida Atlantic, East Carolina, Tulsa.

Bottom Tier- All FCS schools.

I would love to play one of the top tier teams but would settle for Houston or UCF match up. If low-tier then lets go with Liberty or James Madison.

Thought we already have UTSA on our schedule at some point?

Manning’s first start was against Wash. St… have we played them since??

VN Store

Back