‘23 FL WR Traylon Ray

Since 2005 they have 2 BCS Bowl wins over OU and Clemson. Three 11 win seasons, two 10 win seasons, and three 9 win seasons and have finished below .500 3 times. In that time period we have zero BCS Bowl appearances, one 10 win season and have went below .500 8 times and have lost to Wyoming and Georgia State and have lost to Vanderbilt and Kentucky multiple times and have had barn burners with Troy and Appalachian State. They also have 8 top 25 finishes compared to our 4 and only 3 of our are inside the top 20. We’re on a better trajectory right now than they are, but there’s no denying that they’ve been a more successful program than Tennessee during these recruits’ lifetimes

Like I said they made their bones so yo speak in the Big East. They played nobodies. You are not taking that into consideration. We have almost the same number of bowl wins as they do since 2005 even though we have had guys like Dooley, Butch and Pruitt. We also took #1 and eventual NC Bama to the wire in 2009. You wanna bring up individual games? They have lost to teams like East Carolina, Pitt (when they were not any good). They played cupcakes in the Big East every year like East Carolina, Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse and UCONN.

Until you take things like strength of schedule into context, you have no argument. Since 2011, this is when WV was in the B12, they have exactly 2 bowl wins. We have 4. So again no they haven’t been much better.

Since 2005 they have 2 BCS Bowl wins over OU and Clemson. Three 11 win seasons, two 10 win seasons, and three 9 win seasons and have finished below .500 3 times. In that time period we have zero BCS Bowl appearances, one 10 win season and have went below .500 8 times and have lost to Wyoming and Georgia State and have lost to Vanderbilt and Kentucky multiple times and have had barn burners with Troy and Appalachian State. They also have 8 top 25 finishes compared to our 4 and only 3 of our are inside the top 20. We’re on a better trajectory right now than they are, but there’s no denying that they’ve been a more successful program than Tennessee during these recruits’ lifetimes

I don't like these facts, but I think you just made your case here.

I don't like these facts, but I think you just made your case here.
I don’t like it either, but our fans between the ages of 30-35 and above need to realize that their perception of Tennessee as a program and the perception of the players we’re recruiting are completely different. In their lifetime Tennessee was at its absolute best when Butch Jones was here. That should tell this fanbase all they need to know. Very few if any high level prospects grew up with Tennessee as their dream school, and we’re trying to compete with teams in recruiting like Florida, Oregon, Florida State, LSU, Texas, Michigan, ND, and Auburn that have had hundreds of those kinds of prospects over the years, and I purposely left powerhouses like Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma out because it’s going to take some time to even come close to winning half of those recruiting battles with them. By default we’re going to be competing with teams like WV and Mississippi State for some recruits until we can change the perception of our program. A win next week will be a major step in doing that though. As of now though we have a long road ahead. We literally are recruiting -or have a player committed- that didn’t know Peyton Manning played here until he saw his picture in one of our facilities, and these kids were just learning what a football was when Eric Berry played here

Like I said they made their bones so yo speak in the Big East. They played nobodies. You are not taking that into consideration. We have almost the same number of bowl wins as they do since 2005 even though we have had guys like Dooley, Butch and Pruitt. We also took #1 and eventual NC Bama to the wire in 2009. You wanna bring up individual games? They have lost to teams like East Carolina, Pitt (when they were not any good). They played cupcakes in the Big East every year like East Carolina, Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse and UCONN.

Until you take things like strength of schedule into context, you have no argument. Since 2011, this is when WV was in the B12, they have exactly 2 bowl wins. We have 4. So again no they haven’t been much better.

It's good to know when you've lost an argument, makes you more credible in the future.

Your response position at the outset was too extreme, and so was fairly easily refuted.

Have a good day.

I don’t like it either, but our fans between the ages of 30-35 and above need to realize that their perception of Tennessee as a program and the perception of the players we’re recruiting are completely different. In their lifetime Tennessee was at its absolute best when Butch Jones was here. That should tell this fanbase all they need to know. Very few if any high level prospects grew up with Tennessee as their dream school, and we’re trying to compete with teams in recruiting like Florida, Oregon, Florida State, LSU, Texas, Michigan, ND, and Auburn that have had hundreds of those kinds of prospects over the years, and I purposely left powerhouses like Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma out because it’s going to take some time to even come close to winning half of those recruiting battles with them. By default we’re going to be competing with teams like WV and Mississippi State for some recruits until we can change the perception of our program. A win next week will be a major step in doing that though. As of now though we have a long road ahead. We literally are recruiting -or have a player committed- that didn’t know Peyton Manning played here until he saw his picture in one of our facilities, and these kids were just learning what a football was when Eric Berry played here

They’ve had more success over that time span, I agree. Any team who has managed double digit wins even on season has had more success than UT.

Their most successful seasons (‘05 - ‘07) were when current recruits were 1-3 years old. I doubt those have much to do with a current recruit’s thinking.

They’ve had more success over that time span, I agree. Any team who has managed double digit wins even on season has had more success than UT.

Their most successful seasons (‘05 - ‘07) were when current recruits were 1-3 years old. I doubt those have much to do with a current recruit’s thinking.
They still went 10-3 in 2011 and 2016 and have 3 top 20 finishes from 2011 and on

They still went 10-3 in 2011 and 2016 and have 3 top 20 finishes from 2011 and on. Plus a 40-14 beat down on us in 2018

They still went 10-3 in 2011 and 2016 and have 3 top 20 finishes from 2011 and on. Plus a 40-14 beat down on us in 2018

They did do that. Under a different coaching staff.

Current staff hasn’t won more than 6 games in a season are sitting at 0-2 in 2022.

Edit: I may be having a different convo with you than you are with other posters. I’m only talking about both programs and how it could relate to Traylon Ray’s recruitment, not whether or not WVU was better than UT over the last decade+.

That’s looking at things in purely black and white.

They did do that. Under a different coaching staff.

Current staff hasn’t won more than 6 games in a season are sitting at 0-2 in 2022.

Edit: I may be having a different convo with you than you are with other posters. I’m only talking about both programs and how it could relate to Traylon Ray’s recruitment, not whether or not WVU was better than UT over the last decade+.
My posts are original pertaining to MarcoVol insinuating that because West Virginia is in his top 3 and he’s coming off an OV to them that he must not be a very good player. Which is preposterous considering this fanbase is hyped about landing Christian Conyer whose offer list isn’t half as good as Ray’s. I’m just pointing out the fact that in his lifetime WVU hasn’t been the bottom feeder program that MarcoVol suggests they are and that until we starting winning 9-10+ games consistently that we’re going to be competing with teams like West Virginia for recruits from time to time

My posts are original pertaining to MarcoVol insinuating that because West Virginia is in his top 3 and he’s coming off an OV to them that he must not be a very good player. Which is preposterous considering this fanbase is hyped about landing Christian Conyer whose offer list isn’t half as good as Ray’s. I’m just pointing out the fact that in his lifetime WVU hasn’t been the bottom feeder program that MarcoVol suggests they are and that until we starting winning 9-10+ games consistently that we’re going to be competing with teams like West Virginia for recruits from time to time

Me asking if his stock had fallen was purely curious. Most dudes we get have big time “final 3s”. Had forgotten what his final 3 was.

I also wasn’t insinuating WVU was a bottom feeder. But I was pointing to them being 0-2 and coming off a loss to Kansas (who might be ok in 2022, who knows, but were 9-48 over the last 5 years coming into the season).

Since we arent pushing, who are the other realistic wr options? Would Tate be one? I really want him lol

VN Store

Back