Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone is as lucky to have been alive as long as @InVOLuntary and witnessed every National Championship Tennessee has ever won.
InVOL knows this, but did you know every claimed Tennessee national championship came during the presidential administration of a Democrat?

1938 - Franklin D. Roosevelt
1940 - Franklin D. Roosevelt
1950 - Harry S Truman
1951 - Harry S Truman
1967 - Lyndon B. Johnson
1998 - Bill Clinton

And now another Democrat is in office. CURIOUS.

Been enjoying the miserableness of some Gator faithful on their board. You’d think Hooker threw Jon Jones elbows against their DB and our OL threw a Mike Tyson short cross against Cox in the end zone and both should have been ejected. All the calls apparently went against them and they received no favorable calls. Comical

The fact th
The fact the AR completed only 54% of his passes tells me that the game plan worked perfectly. In my opinion they weren't going to allow Florida or AR to beat us running the ball. The underneath defenders all zoned off and we're eyes on qb expecting him to break the pocket. Who cares that he threw for 450 yards. A good qb would have completed 90% of those passes for 900 yards. The game played out exactly like Banks thought it would.
The concerning part is that he got 450 yards on 54% completions. He didn’t have 54% completions because of our DBs it was because of the DL putting pressure on AR. If our coverage sucks that bad, we are in trouble for the higher end games.

InVOL knows this, but did you know every claimed Tennessee national championship came during the presidential administration of a Democrat?

1938 - Franklin D. Roosevelt
1940 - Franklin D. Roosevelt
1950 - Harry S Truman
1951 - Harry S Truman
1967 - Lyndon B. Johnson
1998 - Bill Clinton

And now another Democrat is in office. CURIOUS.
That might be the most depressing thing I've read lately.

LSU going to get run out the stadium. Can't wait!!!!!!
I don't think so...we can beat them, but it will not be easy. They are a good, solid, and talented team.

We don't have any easy games against the big four left on our schedule...we could win all of them, and we could very well lose all of them.

I don't think so...we can beat them, but it will not be easy. They are a good, solid, and talented team.

We don't have any easy games against the big four left on our schedule...we could win all of them, and we could very well lose all of them.
Do not include ky in that. They aren’t big anything

This is what you find at the Huddle House.

OIP.OcBrHkdnxvnvZ74yDBXelgHaF5

jambajew-steve-brule.gif

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
Been enjoying the miserableness of some Gator faithful on their board. You’d think Hooker threw Jon Jones elbows against their DB and our OL threw a Mike Tyson short cross against Cox in the end zone and both should have been ejected. All the calls apparently went against them and they received no favorable calls. Comical
florida fans have never been accused of being remotely smart

My, my how the turnings have been tabled.

Part of me thinks that LSU isn't gonna get up for the game in two weeks and we're gonna boat race them. They're a good team but an 11 a.m. CT kickoff against a team that they historically don't really care about strikes me as a major letdown game for them.

I hope their players go into the game overconfident and thinking we're overrated, only for Hendo to pick them apart.

I can't watch that clip. That game was when I was in grad school. I left my apartment with a couple minutes left to head over to Folsom Field for the Colorado vs. Georgia game. I got into the stadium and spotted a guy in a Tennessee beanie (we're everywhere) celebrating. I ran up, he told me we'd won, and I ran out of the stadium as my brother called me to celebrate. I ran past a couple of professors of mine yelling "WE BEAT LSU!" while on the phone, and I'll never forget my brother saying "Wait..." and my heart dropping. One more play. I lost the signal, but he called me back to say "We lost."

I was devastated. Absolutely gutted. Colorado beat Georgia that night, but I barely cared. My professors made fun of me on Monday. "Math is hard," one of them said.

I mustered up the fortitude to watch the end one time and my heart broke all over again. I want this one pretty bad. Not as bad as Florida, but pretty bad.

I love stories like this. So relatable. I remember watching with my dad at his house and we both screamed and hugged and saw the words Final on the screen. He ran to the bathoom thinking we won.

I stared at the screen while Dooley and the players ran on the field and celebrated wildly.

Everything after that was a blur of dread and I remember my dad came back in the room still smiling and they had been reviewing the play and the announcers were counting all the defenders. I knew where it was going but i couldnt even speak. I just watched his face change from joy to pure disgust. Then to sadness. Then to anger. He was in such disbelief. That was one of the most gut wrenching losses we had ever been through together. We have since been through so many of those that they all run together in my mind. We stopped watching as many games together in the last few years because it just wasnt fun.

That Florida win was one of our biggest wins we've seen together in a really long time. We had such a blast. It feels so good to be proud of the Vols again. We are the fastest offense in football. Thats us. And we just beat Florida. LSU along with every other team left on our schedule has their damn hands full.

I'm just rambling now. But i cant stop smiling about the Vols.

doesnt help teams have to throw 40 times a game to keep up
But they don't have to. Sorry, but makes no sense.

You have to score a lot to keep up, but it doesn't have to be fast or by passing. In fact, you want to keep the ball away from us, which means running it. Otherwise you're playing right into our hands.

Only if you fall way behind and are running out of time do you want to start passing a lot. Or if that is what you can do well against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back