‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

Spoke with Arion Carter and he was glowing about it. I always joke about bringing me Toots (Boro restaurant) and i was telling him he let me down and he told me not to worry he will be back to bring me some next visit. He said he got nervous when Florida was throwing to the end zone. He said it was more than he imagined it would be and he had high hopes
-AP

Just watched his videos and he’s impressive. Didn’t see much in the way of pass coverage, but everything else was impressive. Would be an excellent pickup for ILB.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I am in Rutherford County and speak regularly with coaches and refs. Spoke to a couple of them and asked what is happening here. They do not know. He was at Smyrna last season so it is not like he just moved here. He was a good player last season but not someone that everyone talked about. Still trying to see what happened over the course of the first month of this season that resulted in the rapid increase in elite-level interest.

I read he was exclusively a RB until this season. Once he started playing LB his recruiting blew up. I saw Smyrna play Riverdale Friday night and Carter was more impressive than Herring. He’s a better LB prospect than RB.

I read he was exclusively a RB until this season. Once he started playing LB his recruiting blew up. I saw Smyrna play Riverdale Friday night and Carter was more impressive than Herring. He’s a better LB prospect than RB.

Begs the question, how did the coaches at Smyrna have a player capable of being this good and LB and not put him on the field at LB last season?

Did Herring still look alright in that game? Doesn't Riverdale have another linebacker that has been playing pretty good? Impressive if Carter was the best prospect on the field.

Did Herring still look alright in that game? Doesn't Riverdale have another linebacker that has been playing pretty good? Impressive if Carter was the best prospect on the field.

I wasn’t impressed with Herring really but maybe that’s because Smyrna ran away from his side. He was mainly playing DE. Carter looked like the better player.

I wasn’t impressed with Herring really but maybe that’s because Smyrna ran away from his side. He was mainly playing DE. Carter looked like the better player.
Makes sense. Herrings evaluation is based mostly on his ability to get to the QB. If they ran to the other side the majority of the game he could be quiet on the stat sheet but still impacted the other teams offense. If Carter is playing more of a traditional LB role he will have more opportunities to impact the game.

Converted RBs make the best linebackers.

Begs the question, how did the coaches at Smyrna have a player capable of being this good and LB and not put him on the field at LB last season?

Some coaches are dead set against playing kids both ways and maybe he was far and away their best RB. Its their job to win games also....especially in Rutherford County

Sounds like Bama is his 'dream school'. I guess we'll see if their offer is committable soon enough.
If he goes there I don't understand how Smyrna keeps losing kids to alabama. Stewarts Creek last year, their kicker Upton Bellenfant, great kicker and parents are huge UT fans but he ends up at bama? I'm telling you UT being down and Nashville booming, couldn't have happened at a worse time for the Vols. Can't live in the past though so all we can do is win from here.

VN Store

Back