LSU game predictions

Right now, ESPN has it 60/40 in favor on LSU. After LSU vs Auburn, I think it moves to 55/45 in favor of LSU. I think the spread will favor LSU by 4 points.

The FPI is literally a computer algorithm power ranking that they use for the predictions. There’s not “F Tennessee” in that algorithm lol.
I'll always take everything on ESPN concerning Tennessee with a grain of salt.

It all boils down to how well our O performs on their D. Obviously our D has trouble stopping drives. If LSU runs alot of crossing patterns, and deep routes, we are in for a long day.

I'd like to see the bye week used to get Dylan Sampson up to speed. We don't have a real game-breaker at RB. We saw how slow Small looked on his long run. That play call got him a ton of space and he not only got caught, but he just eased out of bounds on his own. That's the second time he's done that this year. Sampson probably takes that to the house. I'm sure there's a reason he's not in the top 2 (he was inactive against Florida, of course) and I'm sure it has to do with knowing protections. So hopefully, he can get that down over the bye week and he can break out against his homestate school.

The two things I'd most like to see to improve this team over the bye are: 1) get Sampson up to speed and on the field and; 2) get the secondary playing better, be it by player improvement, personnel changes, or both.

Sounds like Tillman is out, but I have confidence in Keyton and I'm sure his confidence will only grow after the game he had Saturday.

Agree…Sampson is the weapon we’ve been lacking since the departure of Tiyon Evans. Kid has home run ability and a nice set of hands from reports I’ve read. Paramount we get him healthy for the stretch run.

Lewsiana is […] 50 in quality of life […].

WTF crap metrics went into that patently unscientific and inaccurate measure?

Obviously neither outdoorsmen nor foodies nor music lovers were included in their polling.

I spend some time over at tiger droppings and the tiger board there and i am simply amazed how how LSU fans are using their win over Moo State and their shutout over New Mexico State to hype themselves up.

They are the most obnoxious, pompous acting **** talking petty fanbase in the entire SEC and are especially obsessed with throwing shade Tony V and UF's Napier.

My prediction: Tennessee 41 LSU 31.

From your lips to God’s ears.

Hanging out in that board and with LSU fans in person is a Haters’ Ball. We’re in the top 10. Time to be a s**t talking pro. If you can’t take it, cher, don’t engage. LSUFreek is a photoshop and message board legend, much like our own @Freak

IME, I’ve never met one of those folks that wouldn’t give you the shirt off their back when the chips were down. I’ve always come away from BR spending less on food & liquor than was budgeted.

At bottom, they know ball, and they know we’re a tough draw. They talk bad s**t because they’re scared of what might happen.

I’m SO bummed this isn’t a night game. Every college football fan should witness that once, and it ain’t like we’ve never beat them there at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
This will be a tough game and victory by any margin should be enough for us. Anyone expecting us to roll to an easy win will probably be let down. Similar to Florida, LSU has athletes everywhere, a ton of pride, and they will have a ton of confidence. And they have the home crowd, which is always a factor at LSU.

Looking forward to watching their game with Auburn this weekend, it will be telling. Auburn isn't very good.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
45-35 To the good guys, Hooker has a great game and maybe just maybe a new threat appears at slot or wide receiver
You may see a squirrel running wild.

I spend some time over at tiger droppings and the tiger board there and i am simply amazed how how LSU fans are using their win over Moo State and their shutout over New Mexico State to hype themselves up.

Most of them are saying that Tennessee has no chance and that Miss State would blow us out lmao.

They are the most obnoxious, pompous acting **** talking petty fanbase in the entire SEC and are especially obsessed with throwing shade Tony V and UF's Napier.

Anyways, back to the topic.

LSU has a very efficient game managing QB with a 73 percent completion rate and zero int. Kind of like a much less explosive version of Hooker.

Defensively, they seem to be improving and looked dominant against New Mexico State.

However, if you watch their games, they simply aren't that explosive on offense and FSU took them to the wood shed. FSU also barely scraped by a 1-2 Louisville team.

If it was in Neyland and Tilman was good to go, I'd say Vols by 17 points.

However, we know how hostile their stadium can be, especially at night.

I think offensively, we have too much firepower for them and defensively we will gameplan them more aggressively like we did with Pitt as their QB is not an AR level scrambling threat.

My prediction: Tennessee 41 LSU 31.
Are you the UT fan that started the thread about their thoughts on the Tennessee game?

We're going to have to win in a shootout. I know very little about LSU but looking at their stats from the first few games, it looks like they throw it about as much as we do, albeit without as much success. Our secondary is struggling though and I just don't see that changing anytime soon unfortunately.

WTF crap metrics went into that patently unscientific and inaccurate measure?

Obviously neither outdoorsmen nor foodies nor music lovers were included in their polling.

From your lips to God’s ears.

Hanging out in that board and with LSU fans in person is a Haters’ Ball. We’re in the top 10. Time to be a s**t talking pro. If you can’t take it, cher, don’t engage. LSUFreek is a photoshop and message board legend, much like our own @Freak

IME, I’ve never met one of those folks that wouldn’t give you the shirt off their back when the chips were down. I’ve always come away from BR spending less on food & liquor than was budgeted.

At bottom, they know ball, and they know we’re a tough draw. They talk bad s**t because they’re scared of what might happen.

I’m SO bummed this isn’t a night game. Every college football fan should witness that once, and it ain’t like we’ve never beat them there at night.

I have been banned multiple times over there for hurting LSU and Moo State fans' feelings haha.

I'd like to see the bye week used to get Dylan Sampson up to speed. We don't have a real game-breaker at RB. We saw how slow Small looked on his long run. That play call got him a ton of space and he not only got caught, but he just eased out of bounds on his own. That's the second time he's done that this year. Sampson probably takes that to the house. I'm sure there's a reason he's not in the top 2 (he was inactive against Florida, of course) and I'm sure it has to do with knowing protections. So hopefully, he can get that down over the bye week and he can break out against his homestate school.

The two things I'd most like to see to improve this team over the bye are: 1) get Sampson up to speed and on the field and; 2) get the secondary playing better, be it by player improvement, personnel changes, or both.

Sounds like Tillman is out, but I have confidence in Keyton and I'm sure his confidence will only grow after the game he had Saturday.
Agreed. To add to your list one of my own, if CJH is going to use a run the clock approach like he did against UF, we need a "jumbo" package with a big RB...there was talk about a TE taking snaps at RB last week. That might be our better option if we are going to eat clock.

VN Store

Back