2023 Recruiting

Once ADR announces she isn't changing it, thats going to be it. Hopefully TN lands her. If she were commit to another school doubtful she would switch to another school this close to signing day.

I wonder what the ball out is saying about ADR. Its been hush hush on her end but I have zero doubt her commitment is coming very very soon, and potentially at any moment now.

Is there? how often do kids verbal and change their mind in 8 weeks time without extenuating circumstances?

Very good point. I can't right this moment remember even one instance of a player changing her mind after verballing, though there probably have been a few here and there. Couldn't have been very many, though, else even MY feeble mind could surely recall at least one.

Very good point. I can't right this moment remember even one instance of a player changing her mind after verballing, though there probably have been a few here and there. Couldn't have been very many, though, else even MY feeble mind could surely recall at least one.

It has happened a lot but is much more common on the men’s side especially with football commits. They change their minds all the time. Sammie Wagner in this class is one who has changed her mind twice. She has verbaled to both Baylor and Texas and changed her mind both times. Charli Collier also originally verbaled to UConn and then switched to Texas. It’s usually always the ones that verbal early through. Not usually ever this late in process.

You see it when some people decommit from schools. Like the poster said it could be extenuating circumstances such coach change, something in family but i have seen more and more posts like "after talking with my family on what is best i will be reopening my recruitment". I can't remember a specific one for the LVs but you see it on social media at times.

It's probably the silent verbal commits that we don't know about that do that. I heard last year we had a silent commit and a coach went all in after hearing that and got her to change. How true that is i don't know but i wouldn't doubt if things like that happen when AAU clubs and other get involved.

It has happened a lot but is much more common on the men’s side especially with football commits. They change their minds all the time. Sammie Wagner in this class is one who has changed her mind twice. She has verbaled to both Baylor and Texas and changed her mind both times. Charli Collier also originally verbaled to UConn and then switched to Texas. It’s usually always the ones that verbal early through. Not usually ever this late in process.
Define a lot and cite examples. Even if it happens 10 times with one recruiting classes top 100, 90% of the time it doesn't, and I really doubt it happens 10% of the time.

Reactions: lfvol
Any idea on timing of Nichols commitment?
If we don’t get any of our remaining three I would guess we will pick up a Juco or international player.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It's probably the silent verbal commits that we don't know about that do that. I heard last year we had a silent commit and a coach went all in after hearing that and got her to change. How true that is i don't know but i wouldn't doubt if things like that happen when AAU clubs and other get involved.

I hate to sound mean but some of the handlers from NY Heights has some very questionable people. Its pretty apparent they play the game and do whatever it takes to cash in for their players and themselves. That is what makes me the most nervous about Rosario and another program clearly dumping "NIL" pay for play money. They steer those kids to the highest bidders. Happened multiple times in recent years with a few high profile kids out of that club.

The sad part is I know a few college programs who try to stay clear of them because of how sketch they are.

Is there? how often do kids verbal and change their mind in 8 weeks time without extenuating circumstances?
It doesn’t matter if it’s zero. Committing is NOT signing! Signing occurs in Nov. and April. The poster said she had signed “today”. Move on.

Reactions: southie
It doesn’t matter if it’s zero. Committing is NOT signing! Signing occurs in Nov. and April. The poster said she had signed “today”. Move on.
To you. It doesn't matter to you. When people run around with a sky is falling mentality, it is important to put things in perspective. Sorry teasing this out bothers you (keep scrolling), but it kind of is the point of a message board. I will say this discussion could be moved this to its own thread.......

To you. It doesn't matter to you. When people run around with a sky is falling mentality, it is important to put things in perspective. Sorry teasing this out bothers you (keep scrolling), but it kind of is the point of a message board. I will say this discussion could be moved this to its own thread.......
“Teasing out” is not the purpose of a message board any more than it is about distributing false information that involves potential legalities. The first signing day is in November. No one signed yesterday. And the sky is not falling here. Comprehend. Move on.

“Teasing out” is not the purpose of a message board any more than it is about distributing false information that involves potential legalities. The first signing day is in November. No one signed yesterday. And the sky is not falling here. Comprehend. Move on.
yep bc everyone is going to a message board to sort out legalities...last place I would go for that.....I comprehend the difference just fine, but does it matter in the big picture???....If one predicts the likelihood of the other, how much does it matter.....either way the player will most likely lace up and play the following season and that to me is the bottom line

there have been many posts that indicate fans think the sky is falling around here..... Comprehend. Keeping scrolling.

Aliyah visited this past Saturday and attended football game. God pls commit I'm desperate
I hope so too. TN has a massive advantage compared to the other competitors in that Rosario can't go onto unofficials to other schools easily due to distance while Knoxville is down the road. Still need to hear an announcement before I celebrate.

Reactions: sisaq
Is that what Ball Out is saying?
I have no idea what they are saying I don't belong to their club. Still I am thinking after her last visit to Kansas this weekend Nichols is through with her visits and it is either Tennessee, Oklahoma, or Kansas as she has narrowed to three. I have always felt she was our top option because she was totally excited abut her visit here. You don't want to commit until all your visits are over so expect now she will decide in the next few days no need to wait any longer like she has because of the promised Kansas visit.

Reactions: PRG

VN Store

Back