We just made it into the Top 10

Yeah, it was really like a 7 point game. With 8 or so to go in the 4th. Dude if you didn't watch it then move on. Trash tds late for Clemson.
I’m just trying to have a convo, and you start getting angry. This is why this board is so damn hard to have a conversation over if there is any disagreement. I live in Greenville, SC and my fiancé is a Clemson grad. That game was on Monday night. Yes I watched it.

It was also 27-10 with 8 to go in the 4th. Did you watch it?

Attachments

• F4F2ED31-92F3-493A-A2E7-1F322181BD5E.jpeg
    F4F2ED31-92F3-493A-A2E7-1F322181BD5E.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 13
I’m just trying to have a convo, and you start getting angry. This is why this board is so damn hard to have a conversation over if there is any disagreement. I live in Greenville, SC and my fiancé is a Clemson grad. That game was on Monday night. Yes I watched it.

It was also 27-10 with 8 to go in the 4th. Did you watch it?
So on memory when I said like 8 to go. I was pretty darn close late in the 4th. So a guy like you is defending Clemson for playing a ****** ass ga tech team pretty close. Clemson ranked in top 5 and GA tech is trash. Have you ripped heupel for going 4-0 and it not looking great. Just saying hope you support us more than you Clemson.

So on memory when I said like 8 to go. I was pretty darn close. So a guy like you is defending Clemson for playing a ****** ass ga tech team pretty close. Clemson ranked in top 5 and GA tech is trash. Have you ripped heupel for going 4-0 and it not looking great. Just saying hope you support us more than you Clemson.
Go read my previous posts on this thread. I’ve stated my opinion on Clemson. They aren’t good and you were off by 2 scores. Clemson struggled with Ga Tech, Ga Tech is trash. That entire conference is trash. Clemson might lose 1 game bc there schedule is so weak. Go be negative by yourself. I’m not continuing with you anymore.

Btw, I’m a UT letterman in baseball. You’d might want to slow yourself as a keyboard warrior before you get embarrassed. Go Vols.

Jerry Palm of CBS Sports picks for the Playoffs

Peach Bowl: Georgia vs Clemson

Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs Alabama

Why you guys talking about Clemson and Georgia Tech? This thread is about the Vols.

Focus, lads, focus! :)

Go Vols!

Vols trending up and the best anyone can argue for Clemson is they’re staying the same or falling fast.

And if they ever get the right coach a good Tech team only helps Tennessee.

TN dropped 4 spots to number 12 in the ESPN FPI.

LSU is slightly favored by FPI as of now (59-41).

Reactions: DD4ME
Our biggest issue as it always is is that we will play 2 of those top 3 and will most likely lose to both. That would end playoff talks, Heisman talks, and all the other fun stuff being batted around this AM. Not being negative, just really excited to see this conference expand and the playoffs expand so we can have more opportunity.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and Weezer
I'm "Over-the-Moon" happy that under Coach Heupel's leadership...we FINALLY got a "W" against Florida. GBO...GBO..GBO..!! This progaram is on it's way back to being a consistent TOP competitor against any opposition. That said...I don't believe that this huge win for our program looked like a Top 10 team in action. It was certainly not anything like the "beat down" that I'd love to have seen but it is a HUGE "W" for our team and I congratulate everyone in the program.

I think we need to forget about the elusive beat down of a Florida team. They are too good of a program with too many good athletes, and they always seem to play their best against us.

Any W against Florida is a good W IMO.

I’m not sure we’re as good as our ranking - not being negative just how I see it. I think the trip to LSU is huge. They lost their opener to FSU (4-0) but will be 4-1 and might crack the top 25 When we roll into town. It will be a road game in the SEC in a very hostile environment. We have a week off to heal and to correct some mistakes so I’m optimistic. But I’m also realistic and know that just as Florida gave us all we wanted, LSU will be ready to fight tooth and nail. If we can can win in Death Valley we have a shot at a 10 win regular season and I think that could put us somewhere in the second five.

Rankings will take care of themselves - I’m just enjoying being 4-0 with two wins against quality opponents.

I’m not sure we’re as good as our ranking - not being negative just how I see it.
That's probably not an uncommon feeling. But here's a way to test the concern...and for me, it is often reassuring.

Here's the test: name three teams ranked below us that are clearly better. If you can, then yep, we're over-ranked. If you can't, then maybe you're just looking too closely at our blemishes, because you care, while not seeing in detail the blemishes of every other team in the country (yes, including UGa, Bama, and Ohio State; they have them, too).

Go Vols!

Last edited:
No, the polls aren't out. That won't happen for another 8 hours or so.

But we joined the elite as the game ended yesterday evening. Not because it was Florida. Because of our lads, and who they are becoming as a team.

The way I see it, there are three teams playing at a level beyond everyone else: UGa, Bama, and Ohio State. And then there's a second tier of very good teams, a field of "peer competitors."

Aside from #1, #2 and #3, everyone in the Top 25 is now a peer for us. We're capable of walking onto a football field and beating any one of them, on any given Saturday.

Michigan? Yep. USCw? Uh-huh. Clemson? Them, too. Oklahoma? Hell, yes.

Been a lot of years since I felt that sure of our lads and coaches.

Certainly, we have areas that need improvement. Big huge ones. Like our passing defense. Like our run game (not counting our QB, who could find a clear running lane through a rose bush).

But news flash: every team has wrinkles. Even the very best have "a lot of things that need fixing." That's just football. It's how football works.

Oklahoma and Arkansas lost; USCw and Kentucky had a tougher time than they should have against lesser competition.

So we will probably end up somewhere between #7 and #9 when the AP comes out later today.

But that's just the paperwork catching up with us. We're already among the elite.

Go Vols!
We're getting out over our skis just a tad here. We have an explosive offense, but a gawd awful defense that takes bad angles and has trouble wrapping up. I'm not sure we're one of the 10 best. Don't get me wrong, I'll love seeing it, but we're getting ready to start one helluva stretch in our schedule. LSU, Bama and KY are 3 of our next 4. We'll have ample opportunity to show if we belong there or not. Hope you're right tho.

We're getting out over our skis just a tad here. We have an explosive offense, but a gawd awful defense that takes bad angles and has trouble wrapping up. I'm not sure we're one of the 10 best. Don't get me wrong, I'll love seeing it, but we're getting ready to start one helluva stretch in our schedule. LSU, Bama and KY are 3 of our next 4. We'll have ample opportunity to show if we belong there or not. Hope you're right tho.
Litmus test: name three teams ranked lower than us who are clearly better.

Are we really out over our ski tips? Remember, we won't be ranked based on our defense in isolation, but on our team as a whole.

Go Vols!

That's probably not an uncommon feeling. But here's a way to test the concern...and for me, it is often reassuring.

Here's the test: name three teams ranked below us that are clearly better. If you can, then yep, we're over-ranked. If you can't, then maybe you're just looking too closely at our blemishes, because you care, while not seeing in detail the blemishes of every other team in the country (yes, including UGa, Bama, and Ohio State; they have them, too).

Go Vols!

It’s all subjective of course but I see several teams I believe are just better than we are. But rankings do take care of themselves so it will work it’s way out.

I’m not sure we’re as good as our ranking - not being negative just how I see it. I think the trip to LSU is huge. They lost their opener to FSU (4-0) but will be 4-1 and might crack the top 25 When we roll into town. It will be a road game in the SEC in a very hostile environment. We have a week off to heal and to correct some mistakes so I’m optimistic. But I’m also realistic and know that just as Florida gave us all we wanted, LSU will be ready to fight tooth and nail. If we can can win in Death Valley we have a shot at a 10 win regular season and I think that could put us somewhere in the second five.

Rankings will take care of themselves - I’m just enjoying being 4-0 with two wins against quality opponents.
I am of the opinion we r ranked to low! If we are basing rankings off of accomplishments from this season alone we have the best sos and wins.

I have an idea.

Why don't we just enjoy it and take it one game at a time instead of worrying about what we're ranked and if we're too high or too low? We're going to have the chance to prove it every week out and college football is insane and very hard to predict (other than we will beat UK, write that down).

VN Store

Back