We just made it into the Top 10

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
No, the polls aren't out. That won't happen for another 8 hours or so.

But we joined the elite as the game ended yesterday evening. Not because it was Florida. Because of our lads, and who they are becoming as a team.

The way I see it, there are three teams playing at a level beyond everyone else: UGa, Bama, and Ohio State. And then there's a second tier of very good teams, a field of "peer competitors."

Aside from #1, #2 and #3, everyone in the Top 25 is now a peer for us. We're capable of walking onto a football field and beating any one of them, on any given Saturday.

Michigan? Yep. USCw? Uh-huh. Clemson? Them, too. Oklahoma? Hell, yes.

Been a lot of years since I felt that sure of our lads and coaches.

Certainly, we have areas that need improvement. Big huge ones. Like our passing defense. Like our run game (not counting our QB, who could find a clear running lane through a rose bush).

But news flash: every team has wrinkles. Even the very best have "a lot of things that need fixing." That's just football. It's how football works.

Oklahoma and Arkansas lost; USCw and Kentucky had a tougher time than they should have against lesser competition.

So we will probably end up somewhere between #7 and #9 when the AP comes out later today.

But that's just the paperwork catching up with us. We're already among the elite.

Go Vols!

I'm "Over-the-Moon" happy that under Coach Heupel's leadership...we FINALLY got a "W" against Florida. GBO...GBO..GBO..!! This progaram is on it's way back to being a consistent TOP competitor against any opposition. That said...I don't believe that this huge win for our program looked like a Top 10 team in action. It was certainly not anything like the "beat down" that I'd love to have seen but it is a HUGE "W" for our team and I congratulate everyone in the program.

Tennessee will be in the top ten for two weeks, since we have a bye week coming up. Then, it's @ LSU with a spot in the top 5 on the line. This is completely awesome and I'm here for it all. No amount of negative fan energy can stop us. Winning on the field is all that matters. By one point. On the last play. Whatever. Just win baby.

My Top 10

1-Georgia
2-Ohio State
3-Alabama
4-Michigan
5-USC
6-Clemson
7-Oklahoma State
8-Oklahoma
9-Tennessee
10-Kentucky

Was yesterday all y'all's first time watching the foosball? Notre Dame won! Therefore, they shall be #8 today. GEEESSSSSHHHH

Hahaha!!! It’s funny you say that, yesterday I commented to someone when the college football playoff expands to 12 the SEC could wind up w/ 4 to 6 teams in the playoffs & told them that all depended on if ND could get that all important first win to make them playoff eligible…

Josh Heupel is an awesome guy. We are ranked, not only that but we have the possibility to be in the top 10. I couldn't see that coming when he was hired, I was salty, but he's proved me wrong. I don't care how ugly we win as long as we win. The trajectory of the program is up. Big W for the program against UF.

110% agree. The last ranked opponent they face is next weekend. Their schedule is a complete cakewalk. That entire conference is. I’ve got my orange glasses on this morning but I don’t think we’d win a game by less than 14 points on their entire schedule
I would like to see Tennessee play Clemson in the Orange Bowl.

110% agree. The last ranked opponent they face is next weekend. Their schedule is a complete cakewalk. That entire conference is. I’ve got my orange glasses on this morning but I don’t think we’d win a game by less than 14 points on their entire schedule
They are pedestrian slow. One of the slowest teams I've ever seen be ranked so high. They won't go undefeated.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
They are pedestrian slow. One of the slowest teams I've ever seen be ranked so high. They won't go undefeated.
They play NC State next week and that’s it. Their schedule is atrocious.

NC State
@ Boston College
@ Florida State
Syracuse
@ Notre Dame
Louisville
Miami
South Carolina

VN Store

Back