Lets talk about tackling

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
There were so many examples of bad tackling, where do I start? How many times did we chase after AR only to flop down at his feet? That absolute clown show where THREE tacklers missed the receiver after the catch.

What are they teaching these guys in practice? I mean, the guys are often sharing the same space, how is it that nobody seems to know how to wrap up?

The angles on those blitzes are the problem. They are jumping at him too early or just have wrong angle. He is very versatile and that is causing some of it but we need to work on that. Most QBs are versatile now days, it isn't the 1990s anymore.

Reactions: Gandalf
1. We're not committed to stopping the run because we're playing split safeties all game

2. We're giving up outside leverage when they play stacked close which makes no sense.

3. When we do blitz it's a zone blitz 100% of the time so easy pickin's

It's frustrating because tackling seemed to have improved under this administration compared to previous years. But today is ugly. Maybe gators are just extra slimy. Here's hoping they get that fixed for the second half. 🤞

The angles on those blitzes are the problem. They are jumping at him too early or just have wrong angle. He is very versatile and that is causing some of it but we need to work on that. Most QBs are versatile now days, it isn't the 1990s anymore.
Agree, reminds me of the Pitt game last year. If you can't make the sack, at least force him out of bounds

Reactions: volfeeva
What worries me is that this is a recurring issue. Tackling was horrendous last season as well. This seems to be a coaching problem.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Let's talk about fumbles..two in the first half and we still lead. we simply cannot give FL any help in the second half.

Reactions: mpfvol
What worries me is that this is a recurring issue. Tackling was horrendous last season as well. This seems to be a coaching problem.

To be fair, our defense was totally wrecked with the Jeremy Pruitt fiasco and transfers. We patch-milled a defense last year. They have had more time to develop and improve them this year but there are still pieces missing that they are trying to address in recruiting.

The fact that we are good as we are is outstanding.

Also give AR some credit, he is moving very well to avoid the tackles. Now that first TD was unacceptable and embarrassing.

Great thing about CJH is he doesn't make excuses and tries to win with what we have and fill spots via transfers, development, etc.

We still don't have a full deck of talent.

There is a huge difference between last year and this year. The team is better in every aspect. Quit whining and watch some football.

Reactions: pharmDvol11
Gotta remember there are some good players on the other side that are very athletic. I think Florida is motivated by 2 things-They lost last weekend, and all the hype about not being able to hang with Tn

Reactions: pharmDvol11
Let’s talk about the secondary looking like steaming dog feces. Actually dog crap would be a better defender bc no one wants to step on crap.

Gotta remember there are some good players on the other side that are very athletic. I think Florida is motivated by 2 things-They lost last weekend, and all the hype about not being able to hang with Tn
I hate the gators

Let's talk about 3rd and long and 4th and anything. We simply cannot get off the field. It is up to the offense to score a TD every series the rest of the way. The only good thing is we are forcing FL to use a lot of clock to drive and score.

Reactions: volfeeva
Let's talk about 3rd and long and 4th and anything. We simply cannot get off the field. It is up to the offense to score a TD every series the rest of the way. The only good thing is we are forcing FL to use a lot of clock to drive and score.
Horrible defensive playcalling

Bad tackling game…but UF has some speed at the skill. Dline has tackled RBs very well.

There were so many examples of bad tackling, where do I start? How many times did we chase after AR only to flop down at his feet? That absolute clown show where THREE tacklers missed the receiver after the catch.

What are they teaching these guys in practice? I mean, the guys are often sharing the same space, how is it that nobody seems to know how to wrap up?[/QUOTE
actually no tackling! No pass defense at all!

VN Store

Back