‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

After being annoyed by Tennessee’s later offer than some others, Hobbs seems to have moved past that and has been really chatting up Rodney Garner and the staff the last several weeks. Our sources continue to indicate that Tennessee has made a big push and this weekend will be big
-Brent Hubbs

-Brent Hubbs
Is this for real? "Annoyed by our later offer than some others"???

I'm telling ya'll, and the majority, or maybe all of you, may disagree, but...it's getting harder and harder to watch and keep up with any of this sh!t. These kids...

Us, Bama, and UGA are his final 3, right? Bama offered on June 4...eight days later UT offered...then UGA offered almost a month after us on August 18. If what Hubbs says is true, WTF was this kid "annoyed" at exactly? Was he annoyed at Bama, as well; and, was he REALLY annoyed at UGA, considering they were the last big timer to offer him?

I'm telling ya'll, and the majority, or maybe all of you, may disagree, but...it's getting harder and harder to watch and keep up with any of this sh!t. These kids...

Us, Bama, and UGA are his final 3, right? Bama offered on June 4...eight days later UT offered...then UGA offered almost a month after us on August 18. If what Hubbs says is true, WTF was this kid "annoyed" at exactly? Was he annoyed at Bama, as well; and, was he REALLY annoyed at UGA, considering they were the last big timer to offer him?
Teams like LSU and UGA can literally wait till the kid is sending in his LOI to offer and they will trip over themselves to commit but Tennessee pisses off kids when they offer 5 minutes too late. Tiresome.

Last edited:

Maybe Vol coaches were in contact longer than others but didn’t offer? Maybe he they saw him but didn’t offer? Just playing devil’s advocate

Maybe Vol coaches were in contact longer than others but didn’t offer? Maybe he they saw him but didn’t offer? Just playing devil’s advocate
Maybe. If so, I could understand it a little better...makes a bit of sense, if that's the case. Who knows.

I'm all for these kids enjoying the process to the max, committing whenever they feel the time is right for them, playing the game and getting everything they can get; but, some of them can fcuk right off with some of the bullsh!t that goes on with them and how they act. I understand a bit of the entitlement they feel, a bit; but, some of them take it to the extreme, and truly do feel that a school should have absolutely offered on the exact day they wanted them to.

Maybe. If so, I could understand it a little better...makes a bit of sense, if that's the case. Who knows.

I'm all for these kids enjoying the process to the max, committing whenever they feel the time is right for them, playing the game and getting everything they can get; but, some of them can fcuk right off with some of the bullsh!t that goes on with them and how they act. I understand a bit of the entitlement they feel, a bit; but, some of them take it to the extreme, and truly do feel that a school should have absolutely offered on the exact day they wanted them to.

Recruiting is and always has been crazy but in this era, there are so many hangers on around these young men. Unfortunately for some of them, they are getting really bad input from people that are around them. It's usually pretty easy to decipher which prospects have stability and just want to go about their business from those who have someone in their ear giving them bad or questionable advice. I don't know anything about this young man's recruitment but comparing it to what I do know of others in the past, he sounds like he could have someone in his life that is promoting certain narratives and using his considerable talent to leverage more for him from certain institutions. "Offered me late" in this era could mean much more than in others in the past. Recruiting has always been hard and a crapshoot, it's so much harder now IMO.

"Hobbs seems to have moved past that and has been really chatting up Rodney Garner and the staff ..."

"Hobbs seems to have moved past that and has been really chatting up Rodney Garner and the staff ..."

He visited like 3-4 times before being offered…

All I know is we need him and a couple of more DL for this class. We're 2-3 DL and an OT away from this class being what we need it to be. I mean, I absolutely want more than that just for depth purposes, but the DL and OT are a necessity IMO.

I'm not blaming the recruit for something Hubbs said.

Reactions: SockeyeVol

You’re thinking about it the wrong way, if he didn’t want it, he wouldn’t have cared ;-)

Reactions: Rizzo924

VN Store

Back