Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Mitchell played basically the whole game against Akron. Giving Beasley some rest, but also shaking off the rust. Defensively we're in really good shape going into this game from a health standpoint. Also seeing Herring, West, Josephs, Pearce all making plays and getting their confidence up is also big I think.
Those young guy really impressed me...I actually thought they played better than the #1s, of course I do understand we were up so big that they could just pin their ears back and get after them.

I think this is the first time in a LOOOOONG time that we didn't have a significant visible dropoff when the #2s and lower were in.

It’s definitely the pregame late in the week freak out time for volnation…….
Don’t let the gators get in your head guys
Whole new mindset in the football complex
We play to win and we think we can win
No more loser mentality
giphy.gif

Amazes me how worked up some of you get. Like we're leading the SEC in points per game at 52.0, which is also good enough for 4th in the country. Our defense is holding opponents to 14.3 ppg and that's good enough for 27th in the country.

Akron has two bad losses to two top 15 teams on the road, really not as bad of a team as we made them look. Ball State is also not as bad as we made them look, they were close to beating Western Michigan and if they hadn't given up a big run in the 4th they would have.

Of course in SEC play we'll score less and likely give up more. I just don't think Florida's the offense that's going to "expose" us. I think we win, and if it's close or not will come down to how well their defense plays.
I'm just playing devils advocate because I think our team is fine and should win handily Saturday... But those stats are beyond meaningless given who we've played. Those teams are every bit as bad as they looked.

Reactions: VolInDayton
Sure, Akron is one of the two worst teams in the MAC after losing to 2 top 15 power 5 schools on the road...:rolleyes:

For what it's worth there are only 2 MAC teams with winning records right now. And only Western Michigan & Ball State have played any MAC schools.
I went to a MAC school and follow MAC football.

Eastern and Toledo are the two teams with winning records. Akron was 1-7 in the MAC last year/2-10 overall. I think Morehead is one of the better coaches and will get them better, but you aren't going to make that big of jump in 1 year.

Those young guy really impressed me...I actually thought they played better than the #1s, of course I do understand we were up so big that they could just pin their ears back and get after them.

I think this is the first time in a LOOOOONG time that we didn't have a significant visible dropoff when the #2s and lower were in.

Yeah, plus they were fresh legs playing against fatigued ones. I think Herring and Josephs especially showed some serious quickness off the ball.

I went to a MAC school and follow MAC football.

Eastern and Toledo are the two teams with winning records. Akron was 1-7 in the MAC last year/2-10 overall. I think Morehead is one of the better coaches and will get them better, but you aren't going to make that big of jump in 1 year.

IF Irons stays healthy Akron will be a lot better than 2nd to worst.

Random thoughts...But you can definitely hit multiple posters with the"Tell me you don't read Volnation without really telling me".. 🤦‍♂️
I get folks don't wanna reread multiple pages but if it's news and over 4hrs ago 90% chance it's been posted.Idk if it's just me or what I just see the same posts over n over n over....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back