On top of G10 parking lot
Said, "Girl, where you sitti'g? I got an extra ticket
It's right on the 50"
You had a 16 home team jersey on
Singin' every word to the fight song
Had your airplane bottles from your purse out
Had a country mile smile every first down

Reactions: SmokinBob
Saw where Chris Low brought up with the release of next year's schedule that UGA has still yet to play Texas AM.....and they joined the league in 2012. Ridiculous. Here we are though playing them again next year after we played them in 2016 and 2020. So ready for a 9 game conference schedule.

You were talkin' trash, we were tossin' bags
When I caught your name at a corn hole game
September Saturday in Rocky Top
On top of G10 parking lot
Said, "Girl, where you sitti'g? I got an extra ticket
It's right on the 50"
You had a 16 home team jersey on
Singin' every word to the fight song
Had your airplane bottles from your purse out
Had a country mile smile every first down
is that you andy?

Saw where Chris Low brought up with the release of next year's schedule that UGA has still yet to play Texas AM.....and they joined the league in 2012. Ridiculous. Here we are though playing them again next year after we played them in 2016 and 2020. So ready for a 9 game conference schedule.

Georgia hasn't played at Texas A&M. They played in Athens in 2019. But, yes, it is still strange. The 2020 game for us was the covid schedule, which the conference clearly played favorites and had no answers when called out on it.

Seems like our AD would've raised hell on this if we hadn't decided we were fine with it. I'm sure this one probably has something to do with giving us a quality opponent to make up for losing out on OU. UGA already has GA Tech even tho they barely qualify these days as quality, they're better than what we have OOC with OU removed from the schedule.

To who ever said Alan Jackson is an ***hole:

I can personally attest to the fact that you're wrong.

My Dad painted his house. I get a phone call saying "I need you on this job site", so I roll down there. Knock on the door, Alan Jackson answers. At 17, I was a bit star struck. He and his wife are two of the nicest people I've ever met, sat and talked with Dad and I for a good long while.

And **** Morgan Wallen. IDNGAF that "durr hurr he's big in "country" music and reps the Vols". I'd much rather not have a racist woman abuser associated with the program. A skunk can't change its stripes or its scent, no matter how "sorry" it is.

Morgan Wallen, Paige Lorenze break up over alleged cheating

Morgan Wallen Reveals He Went to Rehab to Identify 'Deeper Issue' After Drunken Racial Slur Scandal

https://www.wkrn.com/news/crime-tra...ested-after-incident-at-kid-rocks-honky-tonk/

Morgan Wallen does tequila shots on stage following rehab stint for alcohol amid racial slur scandal | Daily Mail Online

What happened when Morgan Wallen's ex tried to leave him according to Katie Smith?

Had a good visit with my dad this morning. I’ve mentioned on here before - he has dementia. Today was one of the better visits. He knew my name and carried on somewhat of a conversation for a solid 20 minutes or so. At one point I told him the Vols were looking good. Told him we play Florida this weekend. And I said - We should beat them; Florida hasn’t looked good. And he said - so this is when they start playing?

And for the life of me, I can’t decide if he meant this is when the real season begins or if his BVS was showing through the dementia fog and he was saying that Florida would suddenly figure out how to football this weekend.

I’ve been chuckling to myself about it all day.

To who ever said Alan Jackson is an ***hole:

I can personally attest to the fact that you're wrong.

My Dad painted his house. I get a phone call saying "I need you on this job site", so I roll down there. Knock on the door, Alan Jackson answers. At 17, I was a bit star struck. He and his wife are two of the nicest people I've ever met, sat and talked with Dad and I for a good long while.

And **** Morgan Wallen. IDNGAF that "durr hurr he's big in "country" music and reps the Vols". I'd much rather not have a racist woman abuser associated with the program. A skunk can't change its stripes or its scent, no matter how "sorry" it is.

Morgan Wallen, Paige Lorenze break up over alleged cheating

Morgan Wallen Reveals He Went to Rehab to Identify 'Deeper Issue' After Drunken Racial Slur Scandal

https://www.wkrn.com/news/crime-tra...ested-after-incident-at-kid-rocks-honky-tonk/

Morgan Wallen does tequila shots on stage following rehab stint for alcohol amid racial slur scandal | Daily Mail Online

What happened when Morgan Wallen's ex tried to leave him according to Katie Smith?

Comin in here killin a hero to these posters

Reactions: DeusExMachina
The blimp shots on CBS of the stadium and of the mass of humanity outside of the stadium is going to look crazy.

The members of the media from CBS, 247 (and Josh Pate), Barstool (Unnecessary Roughness, Macrodosing, Bussin With The Boys), SEC Network, etc etc that show up will all be blown away.

This is a showcase for the program, the University, and the city of Knoxville. Like when Nashville had the Stanley Cup or the NFL Draft. Time to remind people where the party started.
It is already crazy. I've never seen it like this in Knoxville.
Everything seems normal at first glance, but whenever you go in a store, any store, people are talking about the game and tons of people wearing their orange. . . I've seen more power T window flags on cars today than I've seen in the past 15 years.

It's only gonna get worse (in a good way).

Much of the rest of the country doesn't listen to country...and even much of the SE doesn't (inside the cities and suburbs at least). And this isn't against country or bluegrass, both of which I respect immensely, but it's a numbers game at the end of the day.

Js

Jack Harlow was a much bigger guest picker because of the demos. Rap/HH is just far bigger in the culture, nationwide, than country. I mean, he MIGHT be top-10 in rap/HH rn and he has 37mm monthly listeners. Morgan, some say...I don't follow, is #1 in country and has only 13mm monthly listeners. It's a demographic thing. It's very much a niche.

But I always come back to this, which is far more important as UT is concerned:

Imagine being a current player or recruit and seeing this guy as "the UT guest". Talk about negative recruiting.

He's just a hard pass because of being a total moron and a terrible look, if nothing else. Forget the rest for a moment. It would just be completely idiotic from a PR perspective.
Can't believe you're going to make me have to take up for Morgan Wallen (don't believe he's a racist, just don't care for his music); but, the bolded up top just isn't true. This year, Wallen sold out 2 nights at Madison Square Garden (the second night had to be added because of first night demand); same goes for LA, a second show had to be added in Los Angeles because of the demand for the first. This goes for many of his dates in CITIES all across this country. Of his 54 date US leg this year, 48 of those sold out in record time. Right now, his tour is the #5 grossing tour in the world for 2022.

Wallen also SHATTERED the record for pre adds on Apple in 2020, ahead of Harlow's That's What They All Say album. According to Chart Data, Drake is the #1 streaming artist of 2022, with 3 billion streams...followed by the likes of Young Boy, Taylor Swift, JuiceWRLD, The Weekend, Kanye, and Lil Durk. Wallen is #8 on that list, with 1.7 billion streams.

I guarantee you more people are going to Wallen Shows than Jack Harlow shows. Right now, I can still get tickets for Harlow's show in Seattle on Friday. Right now, I can still get tickets for his Vancouver show on Saturday. Right now, I can still get tickets for his Portland show on Sunday. If that had been Wallen, those tix would have been long gone.

Again, not a Wallen fan; but, if you think the cities, along with the rural, all across this country aren't listening to him, you're misinformed.

Js

Also, to add, Devo...all the streaming and subs and tour #'s, all they do is reveal to me just how bad the musical tastes are in this country, and the world, for that matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back