‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

Doubt one game will make his decision. Still has OVs to Bama and UGA. Visiting UGA when Vols come to town
You underestimate how impressionable 17-18 year olds can be. Knoxville is going to be rocking this weekend and the atmosphere after a win and proof that we’re turning a corner will make it even tougher for him to go elsewhere. Neither his visit to Athens nor Bama will match the energy on campus this weekend if we win

On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings, Charles Power, on the bump for Hobbs:

“If I told you the number of high school games I’ve watched this season you probably wouldn’t believe me. I think Daevin Hobbs has really had the performance that made me go ‘wow!’ I think the progression he has made is incredible. He was around 245 coming out of high school basketball season. He is up to 270 now and he can really run. I don’t think he has ever run over 4.8. He plays tight end and defensive line. You don’t see 270 rolling downhill very often. You can see the pieces coming together. He has defensive end athleticism in the body of what I will say will be a 300 pounder. He is getting better and better. We are excited about him.”

On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings, Charles Power, on the bump for Hobbs:

“If I told you the number of high school games I’ve watched this season you probably wouldn’t believe me. I think Daevin Hobbs has really had the performance that made me go ‘wow!’ I think the progression he has made is incredible. He was around 245 coming out of high school basketball season. He is up to 270 now and he can really run. I don’t think he has ever run over 4.8. He plays tight end and defensive line. You don’t see 270 rolling downhill very often. You can see the pieces coming together. He has defensive end athleticism in the body of what I will say will be a 300 pounder. He is getting better and better. We are excited about him.”
This guy, Elijah Davis, and Vysen Lang are the 3 most important prospects remaining on our board

I think it’s a tight game unless our offense finally clicks. Hooker has been off this season by a bit, statistically he’s been good but he’s not as good as usual particularly in the first quarter. Rbs are banged up, no idea about Tillman as well, have to think he’s not 100% even if he’s a go.

Florida will use runs and screens effectively and their defense will actually show up this weekend. I think Tennessee wins in all probability but it’s not impossible to see a tight game, also not impossible to see Florida winning if there’s turnovers, a blocked punt or something similar. Tennessee has been especially rough on special teams imo this year as well.

I think it’s a tight game unless our offense finally clicks. Hooker has been off this season by a bit, statistically he’s been good but he’s not as good as usual particularly in the first quarter. Rbs are banged up, no idea about Tillman as well, have to think he’s not 100% even if he’s a go.

Florida will use runs and screens effectively and their defense will actually show up this weekend. I think Tennessee wins in all probability but it’s not impossible to see a tight game, also not impossible to see Florida winning if there’s turnovers, a blocked punt or something similar. Tennessee has been especially rough on special teams imo this year as well.
I think UF's best chance is if its O wakes up. AR has to throw much better than he has year to date.

Hooker does need to somehow not have those early game jitters. It would be a temptation for me if I were OC to call a QB sweep or draw on the first play just to let him get hit and lose some of that nervous energy.

I think if you go back and look at the Pitt game, there's a blue print, even if we start slow. That doesn't mean we can stare 17-0 in the face again, but it does mean that if you look at the 2nd and 3rd qtrs, we had more than enough opportunities to really take control of that game.

So while I think for the environment's sake it'd be better to start fast, all isn't lost if we don't.

We do have to avoid the big mistakes. Penalties that take 3rd and 1 to 2nd 13, muffed punts or fumbles, and penalties that keep Florida's offense in the field.

That's a good news/bad news situation tho... Good news... This game, imo, is all about us and executing the way we're capable of. Bad news, we've seen is make those you're I'd mistakes far too many times in so many of these matchups, it's hard to just dismiss them, or even discount them, as irrelevant.

All in all..I think Pitt top to bottom is better that Florida, especially at qb and the front 7.

We're the matchup problem.
Take advantage of it, have fun, and go win the game.

I think UF's best chance is if its O wakes up. AR has to throw much better than he has year to date.

Hooker does need to somehow not have those early game jitters. It would be a temptation for me if I were OC to call a QB sweep or draw on the first play just to let him get hit and lose some of that nervous energy.
I don’t think Richardson is an accurate QB, I don’t think he ever will be honestly. I do think he can do damage with his athleticism though if we don’t contain him.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think if you go back and look at the Pitt game, there's a blue print, even if we start slow. That doesn't mean we can stare 17-0 in the face again, but it does mean that if you look at the 2nd and 3rd qtrs, we had more than enough opportunities to really take control of that game.

So while I think for the environment's sake it'd be better to start fast, all isn't lost if we don't.

We do have to avoid the big mistakes. Penalties that take 3rd and 1 to 2nd 13, muffed punts or fumbles, and penalties that keep Florida's offense in the field.

That's a good news/bad news situation tho... Good news... This game, imo, is all about us and executing the way we're capable of. Bad news, we've seen is make those you're I'd mistakes far too many times in so many of these matchups, it's hard to just dismiss them, or even discount them, as irrelevant.

All in all..I think Pitt top to bottom is better that Florida, especially at qb and the front 7.

We're the matchup problem.
Take advantage of it, have fun, and go win the game.
I would agree with all that. I think Tennessee has a large margin of error than Florida at this point. And even if behind can score quickly and come back. I don’t think Florida is the type of team to build an insurmountable lead at any point in this game.

I'd say 52% means the chances are quite a bit higher. Because if he said 50%, he would've been seen as waffling and, therefore, not knowing anything. If he says 51%, it's a slight lean. Now if you ask me what 53% would mean, I'd be clueless.

Reactions: Scvol7906

VN Store

Back