‘23 TN OLB Caleb Herring (Tennessee Commit)

It may not be his choice is what Im saying.

We needed this guy to really solidify the LB group last year after losing Henry T.
Thank goodness Banks started to put it all together last year! We really would have been screwed...
And now this season..he gets suspended before everything? Not even an injury situation.

Ran from Texas after leading them in tackles that season in whch is he was hurt a few games.
He flat out doesn't seem dependable....

Thanks goodness Beasley seems to be hungry!
He seemed pretty happy to be there Saturday, and coaches seem to be happy with him.

He didn’t run from Texas, they had a coaching overhaul. He’s a good linebacker. No way in hell heupel will ask him to leave if he can contribute serious starting minutes. Especially since theres only going to be basically 2 guys (herring and Beasley) who have experience besides Mitchell
Dixson had a real opportunity for playing time and CJH cut him loose. CJH appears to set the standards and reward those who follow them. JMO

AP has said numerous times that Mitchell will allow his eligibility to end after this season. I suspect from AP's comments, that it's not in Juju's plans or those of the coaching staff's that he return.

AP has said numerous times that Mitchell will allow his eligibility to end after this season. I suspect from AP's comments, that it's not in Juju's plans or those of the coaching staff's that he return.
We have to have enough players leave in order to add all the new signees to the roster. I would suspect that it has more to do with that than the coaches just wanting to get rid of the kid. His initial plan was to come here on a one year business trip, but he had the shoulder injury last season.

I think you're confusing what he said about Banks with Juju. Juju is done after this year no matter what. This year is his covid year. He's already been in college 4 years after coming in from Juco. He did say banks would not be coming back after this year though.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If both of those are true. Then gonna continue to be crucial to get E. Herring (44) more reps throughout this year. Could see him and Beasley as starting LBs next year. I've been impressed with AB he's looks like he's improved, faster, stronger, explosive. I don't blame him for the roughing the passer those haven't been egregious.

I think you're confusing what he said about Banks with Juju. Juju is done after this year no matter what. This year is his covid year. He's already been in college 4 years after coming in from Juco. He did say banks would not be coming back after this year though.
He said it on the pod today. Maybe I misheard.

He’s got one more season of eligibility. Class of 2018…one season at Juco (1)
2019 at Texas (2)
2020 at Texas (didn’t count, still 2)
2021 at Tennessee (played 3 games RS, still 2)
2022 at Tennessee (3)

He didn’t run from Texas, they had a coaching overhaul. He’s a good linebacker. No way in hell heupel will ask him to leave if he can contribute serious starting minutes. Especially since theres only going to be basically 2 guys (herring and Beasley) who have experience besides Mitchell
Didn't say he wasn't a talented player.

I said not dependable...
How could anyone say otherwise?

Reactions: walkenvol
He seemed pretty happy to be there Saturday, and coaches seem to be happy with him.
I'm sure he was.
He was suspended. Not injured, bust suspended to start the season. A critical season for him. Y'all can look the other way when these kids do stupid crap to hinder their future, but I won't. Luckily Beasley has been game, because Mitchell absolutely let his team down to start the season...

I'm simply saying his track record doesn't make me believe he will do anything for us in 2023, and possibly not even be here.

He said it on the pod today. Maybe I misheard.
He said "Banks won't be here, he's headed to play professionally, JuJu is ending his eligibility"

That's verbatim what he said on today's pod, but I rememberhim saying Juju exhausted his eligibility on last week's pod (or maybe the week before).

Juju also had a prep year, so it just seems like he is probably done with college. He graduated high school in 2016.

He said "Banks won't be here, he's headed to play professionally, JuJu is ending his eligibility"

That's verbatim what he said on today's pod, but I rememberhim saying Juju exhausted his eligibility on last week's pod (or maybe the week before).

Juju also had a prep year, so it just seems like he is probably done with college. He graduated high school in 2016.
All righty

I'm sure he was.
He was suspended. Not injured, bust suspended to start the season. A critical season for him. Y'all can look the other way when these kids do stupid crap to hinder their future, but I won't. Luckily Beasley has been game, because Mitchell absolutely let his team down to start the season...

I'm simply saying his track record doesn't make me believe he will do anything for us in 2023, and possibly not even be here.
What did he do? As far as I know, it was never said publicly that he was suspended and he definitely doesn't appear to be in the coaches dog house.

I'm sure he was.

Also.... what track record are you referring to? He had a shoulder injury when he arrived last year and tried to play with it. Ended up redshirting and having surgery. There has also been no reports of any arrests or legal troubles. The only negatives that circled the internet rumors is that he never bought in last season.

Going against Oakland on channel 30 in Nashville area.

Bad start by Riverdale, already down 21-0 halfway through the 1st quarter.

Reactions: Frosty
4-star EDGE commit and top in-state recruit Caleb Herring described the newfound confidence around the program. "This weekend was unreal. I went into the game knowing the Vols were going to win, but I also knew it wasn't going to be easy. Everything was crazy! I ran onto the field and made eye contact with Coach Ekeler and we celebrated together. He accidentally head-butted my nose and gave me a blurry nose but it was worth it. This weekend was one to remember!"
- Shayne Pickering - Tennessee Has All the Top Recruits Talking - Mike Farrell Sports

VN Store

Back