Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This years UF defense is not the same and will most likely be missing it’s best player. They will be starting two FR LBs in the teams first true road game. Hardly ideal. We need to just put as much pressure and stress on that defense as we can and I am sure they will break.

Also, that UF team was better than 6-7 last year. That team straight up quit.

their own writers have talked for weeks about the middle of their defense being horrible right now bc of the inexperience. From the DL to the LB's. They didnt handle the edges well either against USF or Utah.

This UF Defense doesnt have Zach Carter, Kaiir Elam, Khris Bogle, Ty'ron Hopper or Mo Diabate anymore. They all had diff roles but they were all a part of that defense a yr ago. And like you said Ventrell Miller is the best of the bunch. He's the heart and soul of that defense.

Also, Napier has never faced Heupel's offense. How well can he get them ready during the week?

their own writers have talked for weeks about the middle of their defense being horrible right now bc of the inexperience. From the DL to the LB's. They didnt handle the edges well either against USF or Utah.

This UF Defense doesnt have Zach Carter, Kaiir Elam, Khris Bogle, Ty'ron Hopper or Mo Diabate anymore. They all had diff roles but they were all a part of that defense a yr ago.
It seems like we haven't really attacked the middle of the field that much. I think that's by design, to protect against turnovers and I hope we light'em up big-time there.

I loved it at the time but yeah. When else has a coach done that? It was like Butch was overwhelmingly thankful that he had secured at least another year on his contract.

I loved it too. We were all bought in. The euphoria after beating Florida and Georgia was real and it felt like 98 and we were a team of destiny. I’ll never let myself be sucked in again. I’m just enjoying the ride this year. The rest will take care of itself.

It seems like we haven't really attacked the middle of the field that much. I think that's by design, to protect against turnovers and I hope we light'em up big-time there.

we certainly have the personnel. I agree we haven't done it much but we could destroy people with it if we start to use it i think.

This UF Defense doesnt have Zach Carter, Kaiir Elam, Khris Bogle, Ty'ron Hopper or Mo Diabate anymore. They all had diff roles but they were all a part of that defense a yr ago. And like you said Ventrell Miller is the best of the bunch. He's the heart and soul of that defense.

Also, Napier has never faced Heupel's offense. How well can he get them ready during the week?

Yeah more question marks than anything for that defense. I really liked Patrick Toney, UFs defensive coordinator, when he was with Napier Louisiana but this is year 1 of that defense with young players in a hostile environment. We should move the ball just fine.

Beautifully played 😅

Footage of Steve Spurrior on GameDay:

h2WT3-1564085169-a.gif

This years UF defense is not the same and will most likely be missing it’s best player. They will be starting two FR LBs in the teams first true road game. Hardly ideal. We need to just put as much pressure and stress on that defense as we can and I am sure they will break.

That UF team was better than 6-7 last year though, but that team straight up quit.
And the LBs are one of the major stress points that Heupel's offense keys on. It's why the WRs split out to the sidelines. Forces LBs to pick their poison: play wide for coverage, or play in the box for the run.

The LB has to commit, UT QB reads. Defense gets gashed.

Got a call to come quote a remodel on a guest house/studio. It's basically a converted detached garage. Lady says the paint is like 40 years old. . . I walk in and it's a man cave done in Smoky grey with orange windows & baseboards. Tennessee clocks and coat racks on the walls. Checkerboard tile floor. . . told her I wouldn't be able to take the job, cause I can't improve perfection.

1663619529829.gif

I can't remember who it was, but after the Hail Mary at UGA and Butch looked like his life was spared, then he dropped to one knee, the media member was like "This guy is not built for the job." It may have been Cowherd. They called it out the Monday after the game like "Hey, did you see this guy? Ohh boy is he in over his head."
That was my first "uh oh" sign. I mean I was euphoric but I did notice it & found it awfully strange.

As a head coach, Butch just didn't inspire confidence in his teams. I think he just stressed them out. His insecurity of being the head guy at a major program rubbed off on the players.

Heupel seems different in that regard. I think that's a big perk of actually being an Xs and Os head coach and not just a motivator/CEO type. As the former, you have direct control over what's going to happen, so there's less fear of your gameplan being bad and your team absolutely crapping the bed. I think those coaches approach games a little more objectively because they are focused on matchups and plays and not having to sort of passively watch the game unfold.
I agree & I'll add that I have been thinking that the fact that he was a successful QB in a major program that played high profile games seems to have also prepared him well for this moment, this job.

Reactions: Aesius
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back