Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

There won't be another dynasty like UCONN's. It's too much at stake in the women's game now. There is money invested in most power 5 WBB teams. Repeats will be much harder.
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that UConn's 11 National Championships, 111 consecutive wins, and 12 consecutive final fours will never be broken. I can live with that.

Reactions: mcannon1
Some folks talk early. No panic here. Actually enjoying the underdog role. I remember when Notre Dame 'ended' the UConn dynasty. Scar had a great team last year and deserved a championship. But the odds are that SCAR becomes the next Notre Dame and not the next UConn. In reality you need to worry more about the Lady Vols than UConn. You may never even win the SEC let alone a Natty. And again you demonstrate how UConn lives in your head.
Speaking of Notre Dame; look at their roster of 6 for this coming season + 2 walkons:
Notre Dame Women's Basketball Recruiting - WBB Blog

Niele Ivey needs to up her recruiting or scour the portal?

Finally a perfect national selection without fully Uconns. But, I think that Ogunbowale, Diamond & Boston should make that team. Thomas will not play international game with her dirty play. I would take Boston over Austin..And wat happened to rockie of the yr

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-232406_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-232406_Twitter.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Finally a perfect national selection without fully Uconns. But, I think that Ogunbowale, Diamond & Boston should make that team. Thomas will not play international game with her dirty play. I would take Boston over Austin
What happened to Ryne Howard? She had a far better season Austin.

Reactions: sisaq
Exactly..Laney, jones & Austin are not supposed to be in that team. Howard 100% & Ogunbowale should be there

My understanding is that most of these players (outside of those playing late playoff games) have been at a training camp together for the last couple of weeks, so the selection of most was based on play there and not their WNBA seasons.

Exactly..Laney, jones & Austin are not supposed to be in that team. Howard 100% & Ogunbowale should be there

Jones is one of the only big bruisers still in the game and playing at a high level… you can’t leave that off of any team, you need at lease one.

Laney has been big time for 2.5 seasons.

Austin is a defensive bug with Rae offensive skills but she had a very good rookie year.

Rhyne is up against tough competition at the wing position. You have FMVP Copper along with a few olympians.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Jones is one of the only big bruisers still in the game and playing at a high level… you can’t leave that off of any team, you need at lease one.

Laney has been big time for 2.5 seasons.

Austin is a defensive bug with Rae offensive skills but she had a very good rookie year.

Rhyne is up against tough competition at the wing position. You have FMVP Copper along with a few olympians.
To be honest id take Howard over Copper as well , but i think Copper's speed and defensive prowess is what got her picked ahead. Jones most definitely needs to be on the team as a bruiser. Having dolson would not be safe at all so that was a great decision. Laney has been competing for a spot on team usa worlds for what seems like a decade. Im sure she was the last pick and sentimental one , i fully expect howard at the olympics over Laney unless she plays out of her mind in the WC. She did not show me much in the red and white game other than being an emergency PG with toughness. Something Jewel Lloyd can do as well if they were to lose gray , Ionescu . Hell AT may be the best emergency PG option on the team .

This is giving off weird energy.... But kids love playing for her 😒

Well let's be honest these boosters she is allowed to help fund help with NIL deals helps as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: River67

VN Store

Back