‘23 NV RB Will Stallings

Meanwhile, Will Stallings Jr., a three-star running back and Tennessee commit was dressed on Friday but was still waiting to be declared eligible. Stallings, who began his prep career at Pittsburg, returned to the Bay Area after spending his junior year at Bishop Gorman-Las Vegas.
Adam Shaffer accounts for three touchdowns, lifts Salinas past Clayton Valley Charter

Even HS kids that are just committed to us have issues with getting declared eligible? Sheesh.

It happens for sure. I personally think kids should just go to the school that's in their district. I get what you were saying. It's really not that big a deal. Go Vols!!
I 100% disagree…. There are too many schools that I don’t put any time or effort into their athletic programs…. I help coach youth football…. One time we were coaching a feeder school for a high school back in Tennessee…. We tried getting the High School coaches to come out and talk to the kids and try to be involved in someone so maybe we could keep some of the better athletes at home…. They couldn’t be bothered to give any amount of time and those kids ended up at much better football program.

I 100% disagree…. There are too many schools that I don’t put any time or effort into their athletic programs…. I help coach youth football…. One time we were coaching a feeder school for a high school back in Tennessee…. We tried getting the High School coaches to come out and talk to the kids and try to be involved in someone so maybe we could keep some of the better athletes at home…. They couldn’t be bothered to give any amount of time and those kids ended up at much better football program.

Similar experience here. Then my youngest played at a private school & the varsity coach was at 6th & 7th grade games on Sat morning. In baseball, my oldest public school coach never practiced or played on weekends. They didn’t practice or play during spring break. My youngest private school played every spring break. They’d practice on Sunday afternoons before the big district games on Monday. Completely different commitment.

To each their own. I get what you are saying. Would those schools getting them to transfer in accept players less talented who are getting the same bad coaching or do they pick and choose who they want?

To each their own. I get what you are saying. Would those schools getting them to transfer in accept players less talented who are getting the same bad coaching or do they pick and choose who they want?
I don't know how it works anymore. . . personally, I always felt like a kid should be able to go to any school within the county they live in.

Ugly Eagles? What a name.
8bfcee21-d2ae-423c-a49d-c5ad8fd644a8_text.gif

VN Store

Back