Brisket

ZippyMorocco

I'm going to do my best to not ruin two 4lb. flats on Monday.
I've had a BGE for years, and am locally famous for my baby back ribs, but am a novice with brisket. I will greatly appreciate any advice on rubs and smoking instructions.

I use an electric Masterbuilt (basically an easy bake oven for adults,) and had really good success using meat tenderizer, then using yellow mustard as the binder with SPG rub. At 180 internal, I wrapped it in foil with butter and brown sugar until it reached 203 internal. Then leave it wrapped and let it rest in a cooler for an hour or two.

I use an electric Masterbuilt (basically an easy bake oven for adults,) and had really good success using meat tenderizer, then using yellow mustard as the binder with SPG rub. At 180 internal, I wrapped it in foil with butter and brown sugar until it reached 203 internal. Then leave it wrapped and let it rest in a cooler for an hour or two.
Thanks

Trim all fat. Slather with mustard. Rub with 50/50 kosher salt and corse ground pepper. Several different woods for smoking. I lean hard on pecan. Heat smoker to 225. Toss meat on and let roll until you reach 203 indicated internal. Wrap in foil, let rest, enjoy.(doing a crutch will end up with smoked pot roast)

I'm going to do my best to not ruin two 4lb. flats on Monday.
I've had a BGE for years, and am locally famous for my baby back ribs, but am a novice with brisket. I will greatly appreciate any advice on rubs and smoking instructions.
Don't you live in Georgia?👀🤣

Reactions: ZippyMorocco
I do. Brisket is a Texas thing. In Georgia the main ingredient of BBQ is pork.
I know, I live here. I was insinuating I was gonna come eat it🤣. I'm actually looking around for a good smoker, I have a charcoal one, but I want one I can do brisket on without having to add charcoal. Buddy of mine does the best I've had, I'm wanting to learn how myself

I know, I live here. I was insinuating I was gonna come eat it🤣. I'm actually looking around for a good smoker, I have a charcoal one, but I want one I can do brisket on without having to add charcoal. Buddy of mine does the best I've had, I'm wanting to learn how myself
I love the BGE

Reactions: joevol33
You are welcome to come. It should be ready or ruined by 1700.

Reactions: joevol33
I love the BGE
He uses a gas smoker, just sets it and done. I did a small brisket on my charcoal, it was okay, but not great. Charcoal only lasts so long, with mine I had to keep taking it out so I could add charcoal, it's a homemade gallon drum smoker. It works great for chicken, ribs, even Boston butt without having to add charcoal.

He uses a gas smoker, just sets it and done. I did a small brisket on my charcoal, it was okay, but not great. Charcoal only lasts so long, with mine I had to keep taking it out so I could add charcoal, it's a homemade gallon drum smoker. It works great for chicken, ribs, even Boston butt without having to add charcoal.
I smoke baby backs for 5 hours on the BGE. Lump charcoal lasts a long time. I've never had to add charcoal.

I have a 14" Barrell House Cooker smoker and a masterbuilt electric smoker. I wasn't patient enough in the charcoal smoker and never took it done enough. 10.5 hours in the masterbuilt (for a full flat and separated point), wrapping when it stalls until 205 degrees. No need for cooler. Pulls apart.

Best all around seasoning we've tried is Killer Hogs All Purpose. Nothing else comes close IMO. Anything Killer Hogs is a cut above. We smoked ribs over weekend with only this rub and were the best we've done, beef or pork. My favorite all aorund wood for smoke on anything is Pecan. Also a big fan of cherry. On a regular basis we use cherry and apple. Post Oak is smoothest IMO for oak wood.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
Good lord, did someone say trim all the fat? Please don't do that. Fat is flavor.

Plenty of great Youtube videos on trimming a brisket. Personally, I watch a lot of Meat Church videos.

I use a Pit Boss vertical pellet smoker. For rub I make about 1 cup kosher salt, 1 cup coarse ground pepper, 1/4 cup celery seed, 1/8 garlic and 1/8 cayenne pepper.

I know I’m late to the party but I have a Primo and have done several briskets. Mustard, rub with kosher salt coarse black pepper and some garlic and onion powder mixture. Smoke at 225-250 until internal temp of 165 or so the wrap in butcher paper and put back on grill until temp 203-205. Paper allows brisket to remain juicy while preserving bark.

VN Store

Back