Georgia vs Oregon

One thing is for certain...UGA hasn't lost much from last year. Last year the defense was what made them so good. This year, it might be the offense. Can't believe the speed on that defense.

I admit to being a UGA fan 364 days out of the year. I've lived in GA since 1993. I will always be a VFL, and cheer for UT against UGA, but Georgia is playing at mid-season form in Game 1. They are going to be a tough out this year for anyone they play.

That being said, Go Vols!

Did you use to pull for Miami in football and duke in basketball?

Not sure about love, but you have to respect the way they have just destroyed Oregon like we destroyed Ball State.
Still think we have a chance if the D improves and Burrell gets lost on the way to the game

Reactions: LittleVol
It's clear Oregon is overrated. They wanted Oregon to be #11. I'm not sure they are Top 25 but they will roll through much of the PAC-12 and they all will talk about how improved they are. They aren't making any plays on either side of the ball.

Calling Oregon overrated is a severe understatement.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Did you use to pull for Miami in football and duke in basketball?

Funny you mention Miami. When UT played Miami in the '86 Sugar Bowl, I worked with a guy who was a die-hard Canes fan. He offered me UT and 21 for 100 bucks, which was a lot of money for an E-5 in the Navy with 2 kids. I told him he could cut the points in half and double the bet. And I took his money.

So, Miami? No. Duke, no. Not in any sport. The only sport I really have any interest in anymore is college football, and I'm not sure how much longer that will last. But I'm a Vol fan across the board; I just don't watch much besides football anymore.

I get what you're saying, but for me the "Enemy for Life" is Florida. I'm fine with those who hate UGA, but I don't. UGA is a blueprint for how you get to the point where you can (a) win SEC Championships; (b) beat Bama; and (c) win a Natty. Maybe we should be paying more attention to how they do it, as opposed to staring down our nose at UT fans who know a winning formula when they see it.

Go Vols.

So...circle September 17th for both UGA and Oregon. They face @ South Carolina and BYU, respectively. Be easier to put this game in perspective after those.

Go Vols.

CBS had Arizona at San Diego State. I think they may have overestimated what they could pull when they decided not to renew that SEC contract

Reactions: HalfullVol
Funny you mention Miami. When UT played Miami in the '86 Sugar Bowl, I worked with a guy who was a die-hard Canes fan. He offered me UT and 21 for 100 bucks, which was a lot of money for an E-5 in the Navy with 2 kids. I told him he could cut the points in half and double the bet. And I took his money.

So, Miami? No. Duke, no. Not in any sport. The only sport I really have any interest in anymore is college football, and I'm not sure how much longer that will last. But I'm a Vol fan across the board; I just don't watch much besides football anymore.

I get what you're saying, but for me the "Enemy for Life" is Florida. I'm fine with those who hate UGA, but I don't. UGA is a blueprint for how you get to the point where you can (a) win SEC Championships; (b) beat Bama; and (c) win a Natty. Maybe we should be paying more attention to how they do it, as opposed to staring down our nose at UT fans who know a winning formula when they see it.

Go Vols.

I was just messing with ya.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
I was just messing with ya.

It's all good, Brother. We're all here...well, most of us...because we're UT fans. I totally get the UGA hate, because I feel the same way about UF. Honestly, if the Taliban played UF I'd pull for the Mighty Turbans. It is what it is.

Kirby Smart has built a winner at UGA. I think Josh Heupel is doing the same thing at UT. Our path is going to be a bit longer than UGA's, because we started a lot further back than UGA did. Again, it is what it is. I'll wait until after the Pitt and UF games to plant my flag on what the '22 Vols can do, but if things shake out the way I think they can, this could be a 9-10 win team.

We lose a lot of Seniors, Super-Seniors, and Been-Here-Since-The-Last-Census players after this season. So it will be interesting to see how 2023 shapes up. Hopefully that is where the staff proves they can reload, vice rebuild. We'll see.

Go Vols.

Good grief.

uga is and will always be a trash program with the most needy, annoying, passive aggressive fans in sports. I dont care what or how many games they win, nothing makes them more than a trash program with the worst fanbase in sports.

Take that uga love to an uga board. Its embarrassing we have Vol fans who kiss ugas rear end so passionately.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back