Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels like I didn’t learn a thing from watching our game tonight?
Offense needs to develop more of a rhythm. They played fine, but you could see they weren't clicking on all cylinders yet. Lots of things to clean up on defense. Very concerning that we had no sacks. Not a fan of giving the receivers cushion on third down.

As well as we played, it felt like something was lacking. I'm thinking they need to ratchet up the intensity to 11.

giphy.gif

Maybe I’m wrong, but I learned our oline may be better than I thought. They played well together.
I like that we really didn't show much with our 1st team offense except runs and screen passes. Didn't give a whole lot of film to Pitt to prepare. Also there were several times we came close to getting a sack but the Ball State qb was actually pretty good at getting it out of his hand quickly.

Offense needs to develop more of a rhythm. They played fine, but you could see they weren't clicking on all cylinders yet. Lots of things to clean up on defense. Very concerning that we had no sacks. Not a fan of giving the receivers cushion on third down.

As well as we played, it felt like something was lacking. I'm thinking they need to ratchet up the intensity to 11.

giphy.gif
We kept it pretty vanilla tonight on both sides of the ball. I suspect we see more of what we’ll be next Saturday. I know coaches have mentioned we’ll be playing different coverages vs last year we were mostly zone based with some man mixed in. Think we’ll see more man and combo coverages so there’s more of a balance.

I'm surprised (but only slightly) at the amount of crying going on in the FF about Pitt. Sure, they looked better than I expected considering what they lost but I don't think they are better than last year and you could argue we should have won that game. If our defense can even half way show up, we should win because I doubt they can consistently stop our offense. QB pressure both ways will be the key imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back