‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I didn’t prove anything for you. In fact you’re proving my point. We’re not living in last year, that was 2021, this is 2022. There are players all of the time who up their game from year to year, it is called “improvement”. Most players strive for that from year to year, unlike many in our society. Coming in and learning a whole new system is no easy task. Experience in UM’s system doesn’t get you ready to play in Heupel’s system. I’m simply saying I refuse to
Make a snap judgement about a kids ability to play based on a very small sample of plays within a new system in a shortened year with no spring ball.
Don't you remember all the evidence we saw in 2020 to indicate that Theo Jackson would become a beast in 2021? Oh yeah it was all there in the games we saw him play as a Junior. Or wait, maybe he had looked really bad his entire career until his senior year. Well dang, that is odd. Didn't know it was possible to improve with good coaching. Crazy!

I didn’t prove anything for you. In fact you’re proving my point. We’re not living in last year, that was 2021, this is 2022. There are players all of the time who up their game from year to year, it is called “improvement”. Most players strive for that from year to year, unlike many in our society. Coming in and learning a whole new system is no easy task. Experience in UM’s system doesn’t get you ready to play in Heupel’s system. I’m simply saying I refuse to
Make a snap judgement about a kids ability to play based on a very small sample of plays within a new system in a shortened year with no spring ball.

I wouldn’t wast your time with LittleVol. He uses the phrase “I know football” quite often. Here is how it goes. He believes he is right regardless of what the debate is. You are wrong because he has spent time around middle school kids. He is also one that thinks it’s rare for a player to improve.

Reactions: DrTNT
You said we all should automatically just trust Heupel decisions no questions. All of us. Then I showed you he made a mistake from the very beginning.
So YOUR advice was wrong there.

That was my point.

Improvement? When and how does it show up according to you? Even against Bowling Green he looked bad. Zapped the team's energy with constant over throws and misreads, sacks. Timid when running.

- Because of the offensive friendly rules
- Because of QBs generally being more advanced than 25 years ago coming out of high school
It's easier for a talented freshmen to start and make an impact.
You and others like you just act like there haven't been NUMEROUS Freshman QBs start for P5 teams. Literally every year it happens. It's happened at Tennessee haha.
But with Nico....nah! Impossible!

We have Joe Milton, who has shown for 2 years now he can't even execute-in game- some of the basic requirements of QB...but yeah... lets pick him OVER Nico

Don't you remember all the evidence we saw in 2020 to indicate that Theo Jackson would become a beast in 2021? Oh yeah it was all there in the games we saw him play as a Junior. Or wait, maybe he had looked really bad his entire career until his senior year. Well dang, that is odd. Didn't know it was possible to improve with good coaching. Crazy!
He didn't look bad his entire career before Martinez 😏. You just making crap up...

He was just much more consistent with Martinez. You talkng like he was some scrub or something!

And DB ISNT QB!

After Nico takes the job in 2023. and holds it for 3 years, we'll have another freshman come in 2026 that will probably be another awesome player and best available.

And I guarantee, that you all will fall back to this same crap mindset that a freshman can't start🙄 lol.

After Nico takes the job in 2023. and holds it for 3 years, we'll have another freshman come in 2026 that will probably be another awesome player and best available.

And I guarantee, that you all will fall back to this same crap mindset that a freshman can't start🙄 lol.
Lil bro Madden will be next up. He is unfortunately stuck behind his generational talent big bro, but he's next up meaning back to back 6'6 poly QBs. Going to be a fun few years boys

Agree. It’s not familiarity with the system either. Milton is still making decisions like a true freshman. Guy has all the physical tool. Just lacks the mental makeup when in crunch time in a game.

Yet numerous people cant see that. It's right in front of them.

Heupel would know how to manage Nico early. BECAUSE of Nicos accuracy, mobility, and just great QB acumen. It makes it easier for a coach to manage a young guy. Not to mention relying on our talented backfield.
VS
A veteran QB that you know CAN'T do a variety of things with any confidence. It shrinks your play calling and makes our offense much easier to defend. Defenes will stack the box with Milton ...But yeah LETS GO WITH THAT...🙄.

Let's waste a whole season of having Nico on campus while Milton absolutely engineers frustrating game after frustrating game!!

Just a bunch of short memory people on here!! They LIKED Milton running out of bounds has time expired!
They LIKED Gaurantano fumbling 5 yards away from the endzone against Bama!!
They LIKED 3-7,4-8 and a QB that averaged one...ONE TD a game over his 4 year career!

Through 12 games so far in college...Milton has shown a very similar pattern of inconsistency as JG...yet TENNESSEE FANS WANT MORE????.

Tired of people being stupid about this!!
That's why I keep replying.

You said we all should automatically just trust Heupel decisions no questions. All of us. Then I showed you he made a mistake from the very beginning.
So YOUR advice was wrong there.

That was my point.

Improvement? When and how does it show up according to you? Even against Bowling Green he looked bad. Zapped the team's energy with constant over throws and misreads, sacks. Timid when running.

- Because of the offensive friendly rules
- Because of QBs generally being more advanced than 25 years ago coming out of high school
It's easier for a talented freshmen to start and make an impact.
You and others like you just act like there haven't been NUMEROUS Freshman QBs start for P5 teams. Literally every year it happens. It's happened at Tennessee haha.
But with Nico....nah! Impossible!

We have Joe Milton, who has shown for 2 years now he can't even execute-in game- some of the basic requirements of QB...but yeah... lets pick him OVER Nico

I stand by my trust Heupel comment. Unlike the previous moron we had as a coach, Heupel has shown if he needs to, he can make corrections to his decisions, so yes, we should trust him; again, you poor argument carries with it no weight.

Against Bowling Green he had only had a few weeks of fall practice w: no spring practice before it.

Again, I’m looking forward to seeing Nico in orange as much as anyone else, I just do t think you rush an inexperienced freshman out on the field if you have someone capable of managing your offense. Whether that is the case or not, I trust coach Heupel to decide. I’m also not saying freshmen don’t start, I’m saying it isn’t ideal for them.

Lil bro Madden will be next up. He is unfortunately stuck behind his generational talent big bro, but he's next up meaning back to back 6'6 poly QBs. Going to be a fun few years boys
Nah...
Not if he's a true freshman.
That's impossible!

Gotta ride the bench for 1 year to even learn how to take a snap from shotgun from a college center!!!

Buckle in for the long haul!

Reactions: OrangeMoundTNVol
I stand by my trust Heupel comment. Unlike the previous moron we had as a coach, Heupel has shown if he needs to, he can make corrections to his decisions, so yes, we should trust him; again, you poor argument carries with it no weight.

Against Bowling Green he had only had a few weeks of fall practice w: no spring practice before it.

Again, I’m looking forward to seeing Nico in orange as much as anyone else, I just do t think you rush an inexperienced freshman out on the field if you have someone capable of managing your offense. Whether that is the case or not, I trust coach Heupel to decide. I’m also not saying freshmen don’t start, I’m saying it isn’t ideal for them.
If Milton doesn't start, Tayven Jackson will start before Nico starts his very first game suiting up as a Vol.

He didn't look bad his entire career before Martinez 😏. You just making crap up...

He was just much more consistent with Martinez. You talkng like he was some scrub or something!

And DB ISNT QB!

He looked like he didn't belong on the field against an SEC opponent before last season. He looked way to slow to play DB in the SEC. His mental approach and technique zapped him of his ability to play the game fast. In comes better coaching and more dedication from him in the film room/practice field. Then all the sudden he maximizes his athletic ability and is one of the best DB's in the SEC. IT HAPPENS. Doesn't always happen. And I don't think anyone is arguing that Milton will 100% be the second coming of Cam Newton next season. But this hill that you have planted your flag on is ignorant and flawed. It is absolutely possible that Milton gives the team the best chance to be successful next season. Nobody on this board knows the answer to that. He could take big steps before next season. Nico could struggle with the increased complexity and speed of the game at the next level. You apparently think real life football is just a version of NCAA on XBox. Give up, you are flailing in the water and disrupting all the swimmers around you.

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
If Milton doesn't start, Tayven Jackson will start before Nico starts his very first game suiting up as a Vol.

Okay.
You're literally just saying anyone else will start because of me and my opinion.

Jackson will be #2.

You really don't understand how talented Nico is.
And now you're suggesting a guy that was a Veer (option) QB and just one class above Nico will start in front of him???

Jackson isn't some scrub. But he's not evenclose to Nico.

Okay.
You're literally just saying anyone else will start because of me and my opinion.

Jackson will be #2.

You really don't understand how talented Nico is.
And now you're suggesting a guy that was a Veer (option) QB and just one class above Nico will start in front of him???

Jackson isn't some scrub. But he's not evenclose to Nico.
Why is this so important to you? I know Heupel serves at your convenience, but you haven’t qualified yourself to take over the program. So your takes aren’t canon…their YOUR takes. Those who don’t agree with you aren’t part of some vast conspiracy…simma down now!

Nah...
Not if he's a true freshman.
That's impossible!

Gotta ride the bench for 1 year to even learn how to take a snap from shotgun from a college center!!!

Buckle in for the long haul!
Fwiw I totally agree with you. Milton has the football IQ of a mule. One thing about guys with arm talent like Trevor Lawrence(Nico is one of those guys), they are hard to keep on the sideline. Especially with a incumbent upperclassmen, we've seen that story a ton by now. Hell Heup did it with a 2 star true freshman from Hawaii at UCF.

I NEVER said it was ideal.
And my argument isn't poor. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

You want to know what's less ideal?
Being in a crtical year 3 and trotting a QB out there that absolutely cannot "manage " the offense as you put it.
There are things between the ears that are not sufficient with Joe Milton.
You all think that time magically fixes that.

I've said this many times already. I'll say it again.

He WILL start BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST OPTION. Not just talent, but his ability to excute and process information. This isn't me saying "hey start the shiny new 5 star!" Like Bama fans were doing with Bryce Young and Matt Jones. Nico will just overall be the best option even without college experience.

Joe can be 30 years old and still over throw people...

Nico will come in for spring. Right?
So is THAT going to help him, since Milton didn't get that🙄? See where that argument led you? Smh.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Why is this so important to you? I know Heupel serves at your convenience, but you haven’t qualified yourself to take over the program. So your takes aren’t canon…their YOUR takes. Those who don’t agree with you aren’t part of some vast conspiracy…simma down now!
You right....

Reactions: ACvol3
I NEVER said it was ideal.
And my argument isn't poor. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

You want to know what's less ideal?
Being in a crtical year 3 and trotting a QB out there that absolutely cannot "manage " the offense as you put it.
There are things between the ears that are not sufficient with Joe Milton.
You all think that time magically fixes that.

I've said this many times already. I'll say it again.

He WILL start BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST OPTION. Not just talent, but his ability to excute and process information. This isn't me saying "hey start the shiny new 5 star!" Like Bama fans were doing with Bryce Young and Matt Jones. Nico will just overall be the best option even without college experience.

Joe can be 30 years old and still over throw people...

Nico will come in for spring. Right?
So is THAT going to help him, since Milton didn't get that🙄? See where that argument led you? Smh.

Are you ok? Did something happen to you at home or at work? You have gone form a good poster to one that just wants to argue with everyone over the last month. What happened to you?

I wouldn’t wast your time with LittleVol. He uses the phrase “I know football” quite often. Here is how it goes. He believes he is right regardless of what the debate is. You are wrong because he has spent time around middle school kids. He is also one that thinks it’s rare for a player to improve.

Since they are proving their inability to listen to reason or acknowledge players can improve, they are officially becoming my first ever ignore. I truly hope this thread can get back to being a Nico thread rather than a bash other players thread.

You've been driving go-karts for 3 years and had some nice performances. It's obvious you're gonna be a great driver one day. You've been hired by an f1 team. They're gonna give you a few weeks practice, then you start the Indy 500, straight off the go cart circuit. . .

That's more likely than a true freshman coming in an taking the very first offensive snap of his career in the very first game of his career.

No coach worth a dime would even consider it if there were another option.

You've been driving go-karts for 3 years and had some nice performances. It's obvious you're gonna be a great driver one day. You've been hired by an f1 team. They're gonna give you a few weeks practice, then you start the Indy 500, straight off the go cart circuit. . .

That's more likely than a true freshman coming in an taking the very first offensive snap of his career in the very first game of his career.

No coach worth a dime would even consider it if there were a better option.
FYP.

as always, it will boild down to who is the best player at the position. if Nico comes and proves that he's that, then i'd imagine he'd be the starter. if not, he won't.

not sure why this is so difficult a concept. all this back and forth really doesn't mean a thing. CJH isn't going to sit a kid because he's a freshman if he's the best one. just like he won't start him because of his lofty status as a HS prospect.

come in, compete. somebody wins. find out next August.

FYP.

as always, it will boild down to who is the best player at the position. if Nico comes and proves that he's that, then i'd imagine he'd be the starter. if not, he won't.

not sure why this is so difficult a concept. all this back and forth really doesn't mean a thing. CJH isn't going to sit a kid because he's a freshman if he's the best one. just like he won't start him because of his lofty status as a HS prospect.

come in, compete. somebody wins. find out next August.
That's what I posted several posts above. Just the point that it's gonna be really hard for him to be more prepared than Milton or even Jackson to take the very 1st offensive snap of the year as the starter. He may be more talented, but he won't start just because of that.

Physically it's gonna be hard to beat someone with 2+yrs collegiate s&c. Mentally it's gonna be difficult to be more prepared for the offense than someone with 2+yrs in the system. He obviously won't be more experienced.

That's why I think he will be brought into playing time gradually, instead of a day 1 starter.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back