‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Strange questions. Someone puts ideas out there for discussion, and you want to talk about him, not those ideas. Who cares? If you disagree, how about making your own case?

That exactly what was happening. Some said there is a non-zero probability that Nico gets a redshirt. He started calling people 'stupid' and 'idiot' for thinking that Nico might not start next year, or that him taking a year to gain some weight, acclimate to faster play, and learn the system might be helpful. Since he clearly knows more than the rest of us, one poster requested his credential.

Strange questions. Someone puts ideas out there for discussion, and you want to talk about him, not those ideas. Who cares? If you disagree, how about making your own case?
When one swaggers into a discussion calling those who disagree with you "idiots" and bemoaning how frustrated you get by those idiots, you're making certain claims to expertise. It's fair play to turn around and question the credentials of such actors.

He puts down everyone who has a different opinion than him. Like he's some all knowing football God. If he can't tell us what makes him such an authority on college football then I have no desire to speak to him.
With the attitude behind the posts, even if he could, how many people would have desire to?

@LittleVol could probably benefit from a switch to decaf.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
That exactly what was happening. Some said there is a non-zero probability that Nico gets a redshirt. He started calling people 'stupid' and 'idiot' for thinking that Nico might not start next year, or that him taking a year to gain some weight, acclimate to faster play, and learn the system might be helpful. Since he clearly knows more than the rest of us, one poster requested his credential.
Best case scenario for Nico, and the Vols, is for Joe Milton to live up to his vast physical potential. Hendon Hooker has stated that he thinks Milton is the most talented QB in the country. This is after seeing the best of the best at the Manning Passing Academy. The hope is that our coaches can get him right above the shoulders and it translates to on field production next season. That would give Nico a year to acclimate and physically mature. It also gives him a strong mentor for a year. Sounds like a win to me.

5 people replied to me.

I DID NOT read them. I don't have time for all that.

If anyone actually believes Milton is a better option than Nico, then truly you don't have an opinion.

This is like saying; " Hey! Joey Matthews is a dadgum veteran. Let that Cali Cool Casey Clausen sit and learn!" 🙄

Best case scenario for Nico, and the Vols, is for Joe Milton to live up to his vast physical potential. Hendon Hooker has stated that he thinks Milton is the most talented QB in the country. This is after seeing the best of the best at the Manning Passing Academy. The hope is that our coaches can get him right above the shoulders and it translates to on field production next season. That would give Nico a year to acclimate and physically mature. It also gives him a strong mentor for a year. Sounds like a win to me.
What else would u expect Hooker to say "Well Milton's ass he had 5 years now" "Kid can throw a football over a mountain but cant hit a receiver in stride and I took his job"?That aint Hook style he's gonna support his buddy.

Man I don't get why folks omit Jackson like he isn't even here while pumping Milton on year 5.If I had an employee and he had worked in my field 5 years and still didn't understand I'd have to find a new employee asap.I get the "Heupel is a qb God" argument I think he's a great coach.What I don't get is how Jackson isn't going to get any better under same said coach?Ideally Milton would be the bridge qb until Nico is ready but Jackson isn't going to go quietly into that dark night.Ive heard Jackson has looked good in limited work but on the field and practice are 2 diff animals just ask Milton.Ill never root against anyone wearing the big orange but I call it like I see it we don't gotta agree...

*This is one those subjects will all never fully agree on and Milton playing is the only thing that matters.Until then were just cluttering threads saying the same ole same ole...Who knows but jmo i hope we don't have to find out

What else would u expect Hooker to say "Well Milton's ass he had 5 years now" "Kid can throw a football over a mountain but cant hit a receiver in stride and I took his job"?That aint Hook style he's gonna support his buddy.

Man I don't get why folks omit Jackson like he isn't even here while pumping Milton on year 5.If I had an employee and he had worked in my field 5 years and still didn't understand I'd have to find a new employee asap.I get the "Heupel is a qb God" argument I think he's a great coach.What I don't get is how Jackson isn't going to get any better under same said coach?Ideally Milton would be the bridge qb until Nico is ready but Jackson isn't going to go quietly into that dark night.Ive heard Jackson has looked good in limited work but on the field and practice are 2 diff animals just ask Milton.Ill never root against anyone wearing the big orange but I call it like I see it we don't gotta agree...

*This is one those subjects will all never fully agree on and Milton playing is the only thing that matters.Until then were just cluttering threads saying the same ole same ole...Who knows but jmo i hope we don't have to find out

Your employee analogy is flawed, Milton has only been in Heupel’s system for exactly 1 year, (only fall camp, no spring camp for him last year) not 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mccage

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Jackson, but for now, he's listed #3 and nobody has seen him play. I would personally love to see Milton do well because he's hung around and not been pouty about losing the start, but more than that, I wanna see the best guy play.

Two things here to reply to your response....
1. My post stated a best case scenario. Hooker didn't have to remotely give a response with such high praise for Milton in order to show support for his teammate. There is actually no doubt that Joe Milton is one of the most physically gifted individuals at the QB position in college football. To deny that fact is just hating on the player. That doesn't mean he'll ever be a competent QB. Once again, best case scenario.
2. No one is discounting Jackson. Those of us that follow the program closely realize that TJ is a long way from competing with Milton for that #2 spot right now, and it's not even close. For as much as people hate on Milton among the fanbase, he has the respect and confidence of his teammates. That is something that is much more valuable and important. In reference to Nico and Jackson.... Nico is currently more advanced as a passer as a high school senior, than TJ is as a college freshman. That's not speculative. That's fact. He is arguably the best high school player in the country. Can Jackson continue to develop? Yes. Could Jackson or Nico win the QB1 spot next fall. The answer is also yes, but not likely for game 1 if Joe Milton is still on the roster. Your argument about development after 5 years is somewhat amusing. Mainly because you don't know how much Milton has or has not advanced since last season. He wasn't going to replace Hooker regardless. Also look at Josh Allen and the advancement he made under the right tutelage once getting to the NFL. Proof that a player (QB) with all the physical tools can be transformed beyond 4 years of college football. It would be in the best interest of the program and fanbase to root for Milton, as him achieving his full potential is the best case for continued progress next season.

5 people replied to me.

I DID NOT read them. I don't have time for all that.

If anyone actually believes Milton is a better option than Nico, then truly you don't have an opinion.

This is like saying; " Hey! Joey Matthews is a dadgum veteran. Let that Cali Cool Casey Clausen sit and learn!" 🙄
Not even remotely similar. Nico will, without doubt, redshirt next year. That is the plan. It is not an opinion, he will redshirt.

Reactions: TheMagnificantOne
Not even remotely similar. Nico will, without doubt, redshirt next year. That is the plan. It is not an opinion, he will redshirt.

@bigl3327
Hey man you see this☝️.
This isn't a calling you out, telling you I told you so.

But did YOU not repeatedly Express how Joseph and Pearce needed to RS?
Well what's the consensus with that now according to the coaches? Not me...the coaches 🙄? They've repeatedly said "WE NEED THEM NOW" Still have to play to confirm my projections. But for all "intensive porpoises" (VN), those young edge guys will be out there.

And now here we go with Nico lol.
The best QB in high school is going to RS 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣?? Like we're just loaded with good Qbs, and can sit a guy like Nico.

You think Saban would go so hard after a kid like Nico, that couldn't even start at Tennessee @Enki_Amenra ??

Y'all are absolutely out of touch with reality haha

Reactions: vols 30
@bigl3327
Hey man you see this☝️.

Well what's the consensus with that now according to the coaches? Not me...the coaches 🙄? They've repeatedly said "WE NEED THEM NOW" Still have to play to confirm my projections. But for all "intensive porpoises" (VN), those young edge guys will be out there.

The best QB in high school is going to RS 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣?? Like we're just loaded with good Qbs, and can sit a guy like Nico.

You think Saban would go so hard after a kid like Nico, that couldn't even start at Tennessee @Enki_Amenra ??

Saban would have the same plan to redshirt him too.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Saban would have the same plan to redshirt him too.
Not if he had Joe Milton. He had Matt freakin Jones still. This is why that comparison...it didn't even deserve a response.

And lets talk about Tayven. Good prospect. Legit needs a little seasoning. Mostly was a veer QB in Indiana, but he has passing skill as shown at numerous camps. Great attitude.
Let's say we didn't get Nico and got the MBA kid thats commited to Ole Miss.

in 2023, you would STILL have a truly open QB competition.
Think about that. So no NICO, and the QB room would still not be decided.

So:
1) its about Nico being as good as he is
and
2) No one else we having the talent or winning experience to edge him out.

No....he's not going to RS. Just like Pearce and Joseph can't RS this season.
Or Jalen Smith in 2023

Reactions: vols 30
Not if he had Joe Milton. He had Matt freakin Jones still. This is why that comparison...it didn't even deserve a response.

And lets talk about Tayven. Good prospect. Legit needs a little seasoning. Mostly was a veer QB in Indiana, but he has passing skill as shown at numerous camps. Great attitude.

So:
and

Or Jalen Smith in 2023
That's your opinion on Milton and Jackson and it's is an absolutely different opinion than what the staff has.

They knew as much about Mac Jones as we do about Milton/Jackson.

Redshirt is gonna be attempted. If someone is injured or both QBs ahead of him suck, then he might get to play. It'll be at least midseason before that happens. It's highly, highly, highly, unlikely he starts day 1.

So:
and

Or Jalen Smith in 2023
Jones was terrible the previous year. He developed into a luxury.

@bigl3327
Hey man you see this☝️.

I said that best case scenario is for Nico to redshirt. I never said it was a definite. Also in regards to Joseph and Pearce, I believe your argument was too play them 10 snaps a game regardless if they were ready or not. The coaches have said that they need those guys this year. What you are neglecting is the fact that the coaches (multiple) have also said that they will not play guys that aren't ready. Garner specifically stated that he will not play guys that aren't ready just for the sake of having bodies out there for depth. He said it wasn't fair to the rest of the team to risk losing a game for that purpose. Freshmen get 4 free games without losing their redshirt. You seem to be basing the cookie you gave yourself on the fact that the freshmen are listed as co-3rd stringers on a depth chart for Ball State.....BALL STATE. They will get a chance to prove they are ready in this game, and the Akron game should we have a sizable lead, but don't go patting yourself on the back just yet.

So:
and

Or Jalen Smith in 2023
Mac Jones wasn’t a household name prior to his last season… and you think he can beat out a guy as talented as Milton who will be in his 3rd year in the system who will light it up in practice? Nico may end up starting games as a freshman But it won’t be the season opener if Milton is healthy sorry to inform you lol… I wonder if you will root for joe to fail to support your narrative… all that is irrelevant right now hooker is about to be light it up and I’m sure Milton will get a lot of reps this season too…

That's your opinion on Milton and Jackson and it's is an absolutely different opinion than what the staff has.

They knew as much about Mac Jones as we do about Milton/Jackson.

Redshirt is gonna be attempted. If someone is injured or both QBs ahead of him suck, then he might get to play. It'll be at least midseason before that happens. It's highly, highly, highly, unlikely he starts day 1.
What if Arch Manning were coming here and not Nico...

Would Arch Manning redshirt too?

Jones was terrible the previous year. He developed into a luxury.
He completed 68% of his passes and 14 TDs 3 ints in back up to Tua for 2019.
Had a 400 yard passing game when Tua was injured

What do you mean terrible?

Yes. Just like Peyton would've, without injuries.
And the QBs ahead of Peyton were Joe Milton caliber?

My question with all of this is, WHAT has Joe Milton shown to give any confidence?

It's actually the opposite.

We wouldn't have won 5 games last year had Joe stayed at QB1.
This opinion you all are pushing for Joe is basically saying "we're going to gave losing season in 2023"...

VN Store

Back