Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

FWIW Greenville, SC where the regionals will be played is closer to Knoxville than Knoxville is to Nashville.

Columbia is 100 miles from Greenville. Folks traveling from Knoxville to Greenville have to drive an additional 68 miles.

Thank you. That's exactly my point. When a person's first response is to whine about UConn instead of seeing the whole picture. I used Columbia because of the SCAR/UConn relationship. I have made the easy drive from Greenville to TBA a few times. If someone is worried that drive will handicap your team, you are fighting imaginary demons.

I was hoping to get South Carolina early in the Season because they will go through some growing pains replacing Destiny Henderson at the point guard position. Guard play will be the biggest question mark for South Carolina this year. I just noticed that Georgia has them in the second game of the SEC conference on January 2nd. With coach Abe's defense coupled with the players she brought from UCF, the transfers she got, and the returning roster, South Carolina could take one on the nose early playing in Athens if her team buys into what she teaches. That defense is sticky and her team's ugly things up. That will be an interesting game to see.

SC could be even better this year with 2 PGs than they were last with just Henny running the point. Fletcher was very good at GT and led them to the Sweet Sixteen and Johnson was the #2 recruit last year coming in. Those two running point SC should be much better with transition game and in the half court. I think SC guard play will be better this year honestly, especially with the experience they will have. I don’t think anyone should sleep on Hall, Johnson or Cooper for SC this year. They’re going to have a big year off the bench.

SC could be even better this year with 2 PGs than they were last with just Henny running the point. Fletcher was very good at GT and led them to the Sweet Sixteen and Johnson was the #2 recruit last year coming in. Those two running point SC should be much better with transition game and in the half court. I think SC guard play will be better this year honestly, especially with the experience they will have. I don’t think anyone should sleep on Hall, Johnson or Cooper for SC this year. They’re going to have a big year off the bench.

Or it could be like the year Harris went to the draft with Herrigan and the chemistry just couldn't get quite right. It all depends... I'm not wishing them ill will because they r going to be really good i just don't doubt the impact Henderson made and a player like Littleton who Dawn said was behind the scenes a glue player. Should be a fun year.

Or it could be like the year Harris went to the draft with Herrigan and the chemistry just couldn't get quite right. It all depends... I'm not wishing them ill will because they r going to be really good i just don't doubt the impact Henderson made and a player like Littleton who Dawn said was behind the scenes a glue player. Should be a fun year.

That year was a wacky year especially with the Tournament being cancelled months before and no fans were in attendance and in spite of all of that they still won a share of the SEC and made it to the FF. I think this year is completely different especially with the 2019 class being seniors that experience factor is there that wasn’t in 2020-21. Fletcher is an experienced PG with ACC and NCAA experience and Johnson was said to be the best passer by Dawn last year before she got hurt so I don’t think losing Henderson will be as big an impact as losing Ty who was a four year starter. Littleton got less time than Hall after November so I don’t think her impact will be felt at all. She was a good shooter but Dawn never said she was the glue player those titles go to Brea Beal and Victaria Saxton.

That year was a wacky year especially with the Tournament being cancelled months before and no fans were in attendance and in spite of all of that they still won a share of the SEC and made it to the FF. I think this year is completely different especially with the 2019 class being seniors that experience factor is there that wasn’t in 2020-21. Fletcher is an experienced PG with ACC and NCAA experience and Johnson was said to be the best passer by Dawn last year before she got hurt so I don’t think losing Henderson will be as big an impact as losing Ty who was a four year starter. Littleton got less time than Hall after November so I don’t think her impact will be felt at all. She was a good shooter but Dawn never said she was the glue player those titles go to Brea Beal and Victaria Saxton.
Tennessee in 3! 🧡
- Regular season W
- SEC Tournament Championship
- NCAA Championship

You have two point guards that have not played in two years due to knee injuries and a high school point guard. The guard position will be their biggest question mark. Team chemistry has to be built, not to mention, how have the knees healed, how do they get along with their teammates, do they listen to Dawn or get the ball to where it needs to be successful. With Henderson, you knew what you were gonna get. With these others, you don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
You have two point guards that have not played in two years due to knee injuries and a high school point guard. The guard position will be their biggest mark. How have the knees healed, how do they get along with their teammates, do they listen to dawn or get the ball to where it needs to be to be successful. With Henderson, you knew what you were gonna get. With these others, you don't.

Umm it’s only been a year. Fletcher had a stress fracture in her foot not a knee injury and has been healed before the first summer session and Johnson has been full go as well. The questions you are asking can be applied to any school in August where the team are still coming together. But I’m sure before and during that 2020-21 season people had the same questions for Henny and felt she wouldn’t live up to what Ty Harris had done before her. However, as long as Dawn has an Elite PG she will get their play to represent that on the court.

Umm it’s only been a year. Fletcher had a stress fracture in her foot not a knee injury and has been healed before the first summer session and Johnson has been full go as well. The questions you are asking can be applied to any school in August where the team are still coming together. But I’m sure before and during that 2020-21 season people had the same questions for Henny and felt she wouldn’t live up to what Ty Harris had done before her. However, as long as Dawn has an Elite PG she will get their play to represent that on the court.
That may be your opinion, but the fact that dawn has had 2 point guards over the last 6 years who both played together with Henney playing behind harris for two of those years makes a huge difference. These point guards they now have are all basically new to the program and 2 of them are coming off of injuries. You just don't make up that experience no matter how elite the point guard coming in is. Kierra Fletcher is not near the point guard that Harris or Henderson are nor does she have the floor game so I am almost thinking that SC will go with Freshman point guards. They are unpredictable under pressure. It will be interesting to see. Perhaps dawn goes with Latecia Amihere. She did last season. We shall see.

Last edited:
That may be your opinion, but the fact that dawn has had 2 point guards over the last 6 years who both played together with Henney playing behind harris for two of those years makes a huge difference. These points they now have are all basically new to the program and 2 of them are coming off of injuries. You just don't make up that experience no matter how elite the point guard coming in is. Kierra Fletcher is not near the point guard that Harris or Henderson are nor does she have the floor game so I am almost thinking that SC will go with Freshman point guards. They are unpredictable under pressure. It will be interesting to see. Perhaps dawn goes with Latecia Amihere. She did last season. We shall see.
I am also saying the type of pressure that Coach Abrehams' teams bring if her Georgia team buys in will test the best point guards in the country so that early game in Athens against South Carolina will be interesting.

That may be your opinion, but the fact that dawn has had 2 point guards over the last 6 years who both played together with Henney playing behind harris for two of those years makes a huge difference. These points they now have are all basically new to the program and 2 of them are coming off of injuries. You just don't make up that experience no matter how elite the point guard coming in is. Kierra Fletcher is not near the point guard that Harris or Henderson are nor does she have the floor game so I am almost thinking that SC will go with Freshman point guards. They are unpredictable under pressure. It will be interesting to see. Perhaps dawn goes with Latecia Amihere. She did last season. We shall see.

I still stand by my point of saying as long as Dawn has an Elite PG she will always get their play to represent that on the court. That statement was for Raven. Ty didn’t become an Elite PG over night. Dawn groomed her for that position and the same goes for Henny and she will certainly do the same for Raven regardless if she’s young or not she’s an Elite PG. Fletcher has experience and she doesn’t need to be a Henny or Ty she just needs to be solid in her role and there’s no doubt she can do that or Dawn wouldn’t have taken her. In her last outing against SC in 2021 she had 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals so she’s capable of being big time for SC. Also SC is returning 4 of 5 starters plus Amihere who could be considered a starter so it’s not like the team in inexperienced and they’ve played and beaten ranked teams without Henny last year. Johnson and Fletcher will more than adequate that loss and then some and SC has some players that are going to shock a lot of people this year.

Reactions: shiverz

I'm not a SC fan so she might have called those players those titles also and i could see them both being that. But i absolutely saw an interview where she called her a glue player and she was an impact player and leader in practice. It was bragging about her although she didn't get as much playing time as others.

Trust me i have better things to do then make up something like this about SC especially considering im a TN fan and we TN fans have a lot of positive things to be excited about 😃

I still stand by my point of saying as long as Dawn has an Elite PG she will always get their play to represent that on the court. That statement was for Raven. Ty didn’t become an Elite PG over night. Dawn groomed her for that position and the same goes for Henny and she will certainly do the same for Raven regardless if she’s young or not she’s an Elite PG. Fletcher has experience and she doesn’t need to be a Henny or Ty she just needs to be solid in her role and there’s no doubt she can do that or Dawn wouldn’t have taken her. In her last outing against SC in 2021 she had 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals so she’s capable of being big time for SC. Also SC is returning 4 of 5 starters plus Amihere who could be considered a starter so it’s not like the team in inexperienced and they’ve played and beaten ranked teams without Henny last year. Johnson and Fletcher will more than adequate that loss and then some and SC has some players that are going to shock a lot of people this year.

You guys don't have forum of your own yet huh? 😂 🍗

I think you need to get back to your Non Lady Vol news section. This is not where we accept Sc glory posts.

First i will give credit Boston is the best playerin wcb and SC is #1 now to the point based on both of this year's team SC guard play can't match up with the LV guard play at all and on top of that we can throw bigger players on SC guards from front court players to nullify them without sacrificing height in the front court meaning we could stack a Horston and Jackson backcourt that's advantage big time us. SC is a great rebounding team we equalled that with Hollingshead and Franklin now the main attraction Key vs Boston.Boston gets the edge but in reality it doesn't have to be that way.Boston brings determination she is relentless and she has skilled moves. now for the part im praying for if Key would work on her post game and play with a motor on the court (that is what Boston does ) just have a desire not to be stopped dammit she wouldnt be stopped by Boston or no other center in wcb if Key plays to her potential its #9

Reactions: Peas29
First i will give credit Boston is the best playerin wcb and SC is #1 now to the point based on both of this year's team SC guard play can't match up with the LV guard play at all and on top of that we can throw bigger players on SC guards from front court players to nullify them without sacrificing height in the front court meaning we could stack a Horston and Jackson backcourt that's advantage big time us. SC is a great rebounding team we equalled that with Hollingshead and Franklin now the main attraction Key vs Boston.Boston gets the edge but in reality it doesn't have to be that way.Boston brings determination she is relentless and she has skilled moves. now for the part im praying for if Key would work on her post game and play with a motor on the court (that is what Boston does ) just have a desire not to be stopped dammit she wouldnt be stopped by Boston or no other center in wcb if Key plays to her potential its #9

I stopped reading after you said SC wouldn’t be able to matchup in the backcourt LOL.

Reactions: olddog

VN Store

Back