Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there so many armadillos all of a sudden?
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

College football has become a complete money grab!..have you seen how fast it’s went downhill after they gave the green light to NIL deals👀

I know and money has always been a part of it but so has college and that is good portion of the magic and charm. If college football becomes too detached from that it will simply be a subpar NFL and I don't pay much attention to the NFL because it doesn't have the same rich culture and history that college football does have. The NFL has superior athletes but College football is a much more interesting game to me than the NFL to me because there's so much more to it.

I know and money has always been a part of it but so has college and that is good portion of the magic and charm. If college football becomes too detached from that it will simply be a subpar NFL and I don't pay much attention to the NFL because it doesn't have the same rich culture and history that college football does have. The NFL has superior athletes but College football is a much more interesting game to me than the NFL to me because there's so much more to it.
This is what worries me. I know I'm in a minority but I hate all this realignment stuff. Oklahoma and Texas don't belong in the SEC. USC and UCLA don't belong in the Big 10. Rivalries that lasted for over a century are tossed aside to make a quick buck. The tradition and the history are a big part of what makes college football unique. There's already an NFL -- I don't see the benefit in creating a watered-down clone.

This is what worries me. I know I'm in a minority but I hate all this realignment stuff. Oklahoma and Texas don't belong in the SEC. USC and UCLA don't belong in the Big 10. Rivalries that lasted for over a century are tossed aside to make a quick buck. The tradition and the history are a big part of what makes college football unique. There's already an NFL -- I don't see the benefit in creating a watered-down clone.
Not a traditionalist, but I fully agree with you.

It is simply bad for the sport as a national game.

But it's "great" for Commissioner Sankey appearing to run half of CFB. His ego was too big to be paid less than many other commissioners, as he was not that long ago, and so now here he is going gung-ho trying to be some monopolist.

The whole thing is absurd and meaningless to the fans...but hey MOAR MONEY for someone amirite?!?

But it's "great" for Commissioner Sankey appearing to run half of CFB. His ego was too big to be paid less than many other commissioners, as he was not that long ago, and so now here he is going gung-ho trying to be some monopolist.

The whole thing is absurd and meaningless to the fans...but hey MOAR MONEY for someone amirite?!?
Greg Sankey cares about Greg Sankey.

So much this. I'm not sure the guys driving realignment understand that the rivalries, traditions, and histories matter a ton to fans. And yes, even region matters. College football is diverse and unique with peculiarities that are driven by region and culture. Taking that away doesn't make it better. It makes it worse. I love the quirky nature that only traditions born on a college campus can provide. I love that there are unique things to see, do, and learn about each of the schools, conferences, and regions they represent. I think that normalizing everything will make a generic product that will always be inferior to the NFL when right now it's special enough and unique enough that to compare the two would be a disservice. They're different and that's exactly the point.

I have nothing against Texas or Oklahoma but accepting them means that we may lose a team like Kentucky as a rival in football in order to preserve another rivalry (I think basketball will be preserved because both teams are on top and want to preserve that rivalry but with football we're going to lose rivals for two teams none of us care about). That in no way makes things better. Any team that has its rivals in-conference loses out with their addition. And tbh, Texas and Oklahoma are fools for joining. They would've been better off figuring out how to shore up the conference they were in.

Almost sounds like the Federal government/ Let states be states.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Yeah we have 3 kids with the oldest being 5 currently so it would be a big move. I’m from Chatt originally and am very familiar with the landscape. Probably with decent job prospects in either city. I think for Chatt we’d probably aim for Signal.

We do love Knoxville a lot though as well but don’t know nearly enough about the specific areas and regions. I’ve heard great things about Farragut schools and would probably lean there but would be willing to be persuaded
Come to JC!

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I was at that AF game with my dad. We both repeatedly said Chavis didn't prepare for the triple option and scouted UF's offense instead. Game was nearly a disaster and Inky was lost for his career.
That is exactly what happened. If they didn't want to have to prepare for a one-off offense like that before the biggest game of the year, then they should have bought AF out and played somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back