'25 TN OG Warren Nolen

He will have had to improve ALOT from last year if he’s going to sniff the field in big time TX ball. @ACvol3 ’s boys from Anderson County had him on skates last year.
Texas football is overrated.

They're just passionate about it down there, but when their big boys play other big boys from out-of-state they get crushed more than you would think.

I would take Maryville against 95 % of Texas High Schools.
Murfeesboro Oakland from the past 3 years 99% of them.

They're just passionate about it down there, but when their big boys play other big boys from out-of-state they get crushed more than you would think.

lol

I passed by their house a couple of weeks ago and there was a moving van in the driveway. Figured since Walter chose A&M, they lost their gig here. Hope it works out for them.
Matt wouldn't have pushed Warren out just because Walt left. He was one of their biggest/best OL

If he just wanted the easy way out, he wouldn't be transferring to a school in Texas that is in their highest classification and plays some of the best comp in Texas. Oh yeah they start the season against the defending state champs in the highest classification too

This is about his brother and nothing to do with him leaving Powell. They will always be about dollars. Catch up.

When you score a rock you need to share with the whole class.

What's funny?😊.

How many high schools are in Texas?

I actually lived down there, and did most of my scouting there. Also, Buck wanted to hire me on to NPA because of my familiarity with high school ball down there, and my familiarity with Tennessee high school football. It was a logical gesture, but of course i said no thank you.

I think if anybody IS qualified to make that assessment it is me.👍

When you score a rock you need to share with the whole class.
There are over 3,240 high schools in Texas.
At 5% that is 162 high schools.

Maryville has been ranked in the top 25 nationally before. The top 100 pretty much every season. Are those rankings 100 percent reliable? Nah...but it does make you aware of the upper echelons of each state. Nowadays there are a lot of crossovers games and because of that you can begin to form an opinion about such hypotheticals.

@allvolrecruiting do you think there are 162 better teams in Texas better than Maryville?
Or were there 32 better teams in Texas than Murfreesboro Oakland last year??

Come on man. Offer your expertise 🙄

Last edited:
There are over 3,240 high schools in Texas.
At 5% that is 162 high schools.

Maryville has been ranked in the top 25 nationally before. The top 100 pretty much every season. Are those rankings 100 percent reliable? Nah...but it does make you aware of the upper echelons of each state. Nowadays there are a lot of crossovers games and because of that you can begin to form an opinion about such hypotheticals.

@allvolrecruiting do you think there are 162 better teams in Texas than Maryville?
Or where there 32 better teams in Texas than Murfreesboro Oakland last year??

Come on man. Offer your expertise 🙄
There’s an average talent level that the best Tennessee teams rarely approach…much less match. I equate Maryville to Southlake Carroll. A highly organized, deep rooted traditional power centered around THE big high school in that area. They start learning the system early on and wait their turn and have enviable success. But outside their quarterback tradition (Chase Daniel, Greg McElroy and Quinn Ewers), they’re not a TALENT factory. The area that this family is moving into is said factory. It supplies TALENT to a litany of Power 5 programs and there’s no danger of that regressing. Houston, Dallas and San Antonio/Austin have large industry/military/airport/corporate hubs that populations flock towards. It’s what stocks Florida and Georgia and California and YES…Texas with superior gross levels of talent. If we’re still doing verifiable FACTS?

There’s an average talent level that the best Tennessee teams rarely approach…much less match. I equate Maryville to Southlake Carroll. A highly organized, deep rooted traditional power centered around THE big high school in that area. They start learning the system early on and wait their turn and have enviable success. But outside their quarterback tradition (Chase Daniel, Greg McElroy and Quinn Ewers), they’re not a TALENT factory. The area that this family is moving into is said factory. It supplies TALENT to a litany of Power 5 programs and there’s no danger of that regressing. Houston, Dallas and San Antonio/Austin have large industry/military/airport/corporate hubs that populations flock towards. It’s what stocks Florida and Georgia and California and YES…Texas with superior gross levels of talent. If we’re still doing verifiable FACTS?
Not sure why you shifted the point there.
I've never argued that Texas wasn't talented.
Just overrated.

Then I said Maryville can beat 95% percent of the teams there. Oakland from 2021 can beat 99%. And I showed why.
Now does that mean the TN 4A state champ is equal to the Texas 4A state champ? Not necessarily.

Good talent doesn't always mean the BEST teams. Katy proved that when they beat North Shore the year Evans senior (2019?)
Or when Maryville beat that super talented Memphis Melrose team when they had 3 Miami commits (Cooper, Armour, ?) Along with 2 Tennessee commits.

My whole point was that Walter's little brother will be just fine. Powell from last year, Alcoa, Maryville any year can compete just fine in the Houston area. Which is a huge area! And it's not all equal.

Reactions: StanfordVol
Not sure why you shifted the point there.
I've never argued that Texas wasn't talented.
Just overrated.

Then I said Maryville can beat 95% percent of the teams there. Oakland from 2021 can beat 99%. And I showed why.
Now does that mean the TN 4A state champ is equal to the Texas 4A state champ? Not necessarily.

Good talent doesn't always mean the BEST teams. Katy proved that when they beat North Shore the year Evans senior (2019?)
Or when Maryville beat that super talented Memphis Melrose team when they had 3 Miami commits (Cooper, Armour, ?) Along with 2 Tennessee commits.

My whole point was that Walter's little brother will be just fine. Powell from last year, Alcoa, Maryville any year can compete just fine in the Houston area. Which is a huge area! And it's not all equal.
I think they’re rated properly. Experienced high school football in both states…this is a different level. From investment in facilities, equipment to coaches. You make it out like KATY (a loaded TEXAS factory) is Hickory, Indiana redeaux…wrong.

It’s a shame the “like” function on here isn’t like Facebooks. Because this is hilarious

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I think they’re rated properly. Experienced high school football in both states…this is a different level. From investment in facilities, equipment to coaches. You make it out like KATY (a loaded TEXAS factory) is Hickory, Indiana redeaux…wrong.
Stop.
Why do you get like this?

I never said any of that.

1) Katy vs North Shore to Maryville 2007 vs Melsore 2007 was exactly a good argument for what I stated. Never said Maryville or Katy weren't talented. North Shore that year was loaded with players (2 top 100 players) and Katy had a transfer from South Carolina starting at RB who had no bigtime offers. Guess how Katy beat them? Running the football with a 2 star RB from South Carolina.

I've watched High School football in Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and now California for a considerable amount of time.
People saying generically that this state is better than the other is simple and shortsighted. There are good teams and bad teams in every state.
And there are NOT 162 teams in Texas better than Maryville, nor was there 32 teams in Texas better than Murfreesboro Oakland last year.

You're trying to manufacture an argument. Bringing up things that were never even part of my original point.
That's super old man....
Stick to the point, or don't comment.

It’s a shame the “like” function on here isn’t like Facebooks. Because this is hilarious

And that's all you can do is laugh at it.

You don't have any information to support your opinion, one way or another.

HOW do i know this?
Because you're ALWAYS asking what level of competition a certain recruit is playing against. Why don't you know??

All somebody has to do is say "yes" Nico plays in the highest level of California, and you're going to believe it, because you're too ignorant and too lazy to do any research for yourself.

So why would anyone care about your opinion of good high school football and where it persists?

And that's all you can do is laugh at it.

You don't have any information to support your opinion, one way or another.

HOW do i know this?
Because you're ALWAYS asking what level of competition a certain recruit is playing against. Why don't you know??

All somebody has to do is say "yes" Nico plays in the highest level of California, and you're going to believe it, because you're too ignorant and too lazy to do any research for yourself.

So why would anyone care about your opinion of good high school football and where it persists?
I’m not going to argue with a stranger online about high school football. I’ve also only asked about 1 player in regards to the classification they’re playing in. To respond to your last point I just don’t care enough to research things about high school football, and anyone that does that doesn’t get paid for it has serious issues. I’m laughing because it’s well known that the high school talent in Texas is far superior than Tennessee. I also know that Maryville rarely puts OL/DL and QBs in big time colleges and a majority of their success is based on the culture within the program rather than talent alone. However there are studs all over the place in those positions in Texas and that’s what wins games

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back