Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It's possible for South Carolina to make the 2023 final four without leaving the state. Yesterday it was announced that 8 teams will play in Greenville and 8 teams in Seattle with the finals held in Dallas.

Greenville will also host the SEC tournament.

Looking at UCONNs roster and curious to see what happens with them this season. They will have 10 players barring any further injuries. Juhasz should be healed but will probably be working back to full speed after her injury in March.

Haven’t heard anything on the status of Griffin or Fudd because I avoid the bone yard like the plague. Both are prone to injury are Ducharme and Muhl.

Muhl will be their defacto PG as he has no other option, she didn’t have the healthiest season last year and does not shoot the ball well. She will need to improve her % and her ppg for them to be very competitive.

I’m betting they have at least one transfer mid-season again. If Ice Brady rides the pine like freshman usually do at UConn I bet she goes back to California and plays somewhere else. Same with DeBerry. She didn’t play much last season and when she did she didn’t look all the great. If she sits a lot she could depart before the season is over.

Patterson is a super talented player and one I really liked. I believe she is potentially the best player on their roster and will likely play quiet a bit.

If he tries to do his usually 6-7 player rotation I’m betting he has at least one player (Brady or DeBerry) quit mid season. If they have any injuries to Muhl they will be point-guardless which is somewhat alarming. Fudd is many things but she isn’t a PG.

Have a feeling they will have double digit losses this season. I think the coaching changes last season affected them as well. Morgan Valley is a nothing burger. Won 4 games out of 37 at Hartford and players don’t seem to respond to her like they did Shae. Her hire made no sense to me. Jamelle is about the same. She has a career 40% record. Pretty abysmal. Not sure what he was going for with his assistants there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Looking at UCONNs roster and curious to see what happens with them this season. They will have 10 players barring any further injuries. Juhasz should be healed but will probably be working back to full speed after her injury in March.

Haven’t heard anything on the status of Griffin or Fudd because I avoid the bone yard like the plague. Both are prone to injury are Ducharme and Muhl.

Muhl will be their defacto PG as he has no other option, she didn’t have the healthiest season last year and does not shoot the ball well. She will need to improve her % and her ppg for them to be very competitive.

I’m betting they have at least one transfer mid-season again. If Ice Brady rides the pine like freshman usually do at UConn I bet she goes back to California and plays somewhere else. Same with DeBerry. She didn’t play much last season and when she did she didn’t look all the great. If she sits a lot she could depart before the season is over.

Patterson is a super talented player and one I really liked. I believe she is potentially the best player on their roster and will likely play quiet a bit.

If he tries to do his usually 6-7 player rotation I’m betting he has at least one player (Brady or DeBerry) quit mid season. If they have any injuries to Muhl they will be point-guardless which is somewhat alarming. Fudd is many things but she isn’t a PG.

Have a feeling they will have double digit losses this season. I think the coaching changes last season affected them as well. Morgan Valley is a nothing burger. Won 4 games out of 37 at Hartford and players don’t seem to respond to her like they did Shae. Her hire made no sense to me. Jamelle is about the same. She has a career 40% record. Pretty abysmal. Not sure what he was going for with his assistants there.
Yup. The death knell has rung. Geno has been spending more time at his restaurants making sure the wine cellars are stocked. Chris Dailey was seen talking to a salesman from the villages planning her retirement condo. It looks like Paige will take over the in game coaching role. Azzi was talking to Steph Curry about her coaching at his camp all this year. Dorka is going to play pro in Hungary. Aaliyah is transferring to the University of Saskatchewan. Jamelle Elliott still wants to play so she put an ad in the school newspaper looking for walk ons. It's just doom and gloom around here. I suspect we will not have the lights on to play Tennessee. Just gonna forfeit. We don't want to get anyone else hurt. And I'll start supporting the community college in Little Egypt, Arkansas.

Yup. The death knell has rung. Geno has been spending more time at his restaurants making sure the wine cellars are stocked. Chris Dailey was seen talking to a salesman from the villages planning her retirement condo. It looks like Paige will take over the in game coaching role. Azzi was talking to Steph Curry about her coaching at his camp all this year. Dorka is going to play pro in Hungary. Aaliyah is transferring to the University of Saskatchewan. Jamelle Elliott still wants to play so she put an ad in the school newspaper looking for walk ons. It's just doom and gloom around here. I suspect we will not have the lights on to play Tennessee. Just gonna forfeit. We don't want to get anyone else hurt. And I'll start supporting the community college in Little Egypt, Arkansas.

😆 🤣 😂

Double digit losses? Do you mean lose games by double digits, or lose ten or more games? If the latter, and you care to make a small wager, I'd be happy to oblige you. They still have some pretty fair players.
As to what he was going for with his assistants, try loyalty on his part. No one here should need to be reminded that some folks make better assistant than head coaches.

Double digit losses? Do you mean lose games by double digits, or lose ten or more games? If the latter, and you care to make a small wager, I'd be happy to oblige you. They still have some pretty fair players.
As to what he was going for with his assistants, try loyalty on his part. No one here should need to be reminded that some folks make better assistant than head coaches.

I agree with you, J.P. Folks around here -- NOT ME -- tend to predict CT will falter every year, but I keep predicting they'll be in the Final Four. Even last year, after Bueckers went down and then the others, I think some folks thought I was crazy for saying they'd be a FF team if Bueckers came back at all. Well, I was right.

I feel certain the Azzi and Muhl will come into this season even better than before, and Patterson is a huge problem for everyone else. She's good enough to go a long way toward making up for the loss of Bueckers. People are forgetting how strongly players like Ducharme came on.

It'll make my stomach churn, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them in the FF again. Ugh.

I agree with you, J.P. Folks around here -- NOT ME -- tend to predict CT will falter every year, but I keep predicting they'll be in the Final Four. Even last year, after Bueckers went down and then the others, I think some folks thought I was crazy for saying they'd be a FF team if Bueckers came back at all. Well, I was right.

I feel certain the Azzi and Muhl will come into this season even better than before, and Patterson is a huge problem for everyone else. She's good enough to go a long way toward making up for the loss of Bueckers. People are forgetting how strongly players like Ducharme came on.

It'll make my stomach churn, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them in the FF again. Ugh.

Keep on dreaming, but Geno can't coach without a big star. Remember that they shouldn't be in the last FF, referee gave them that game be4 they hit FF.

Reactions: LadyOrange
Keep on dreaming, but Geno can't coach without a big star.

The nice thing about useless truisms is that they sound so damned plausible.
Gosh, people without fingers have trouble playing the piano.

We await your long list of coaches who have made it to the final four, national semi-finals, and won championships without exceptional players, Muffet? Kim? Brenda? Leon Barmore? As I recall, their most successful teams all had “big stars”. Tell us about Pat's championship teams that were made up entirely of Joe Lunchpails.

While you were doing the usual, you may have overlooked a small detail: all the best, most successful coaches are uncommonly good at recruiting—here comes a big surprise, not—exceptional players. That's a truism worthy of almost any sports fan. ;)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back