‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Sounds like he’s a Vol unless UGA drops a giant money bag off last minute
I don’t see that happening for a guy who isn’t a top 100 recruit. Our rise is undoubtedly going to happen playing big bank take little bank on guys with Gibson’s ranking. Once we clean these types of players up and make national noise will we be deep in the bidding wars for the 5 stars and high 4s

I don’t see that happening for a guy who isn’t a top 100 recruit. Our rise is undoubtedly going to happen playing big bank take little bank on guys with Gibson’s ranking. Once we clean these types of players up and make national noise will we be deep in the bidding wars for the 5 stars and high 4s
Gibson more than likely would have been a high four star if he had commited to Ga assuming the crystal ball holds true, and he still may be depending on where he lands at once 247 updates. If you consider this a bidding war, it’s looking like were going to beat out Ga for a guy that they legitimately want and aren’t conceding.

He may not end up a high four star, but he’ll end up a four star on the composite easily imo

Gibson more than likely would have been a high four star if he had commited to Ga assuming the crystal ball holds true, and he still may be depending on where he lands at once 247 updates. If you consider this a bidding war, it’s looking like were going to beat out Ga for a guy that they legitimately want and aren’t conceding.

He may not end up a high four star, but he’ll end up a four star on the composite easily imo
No doubt this kid is a stud if he’s a UGA take. But he’s also not likely as high up their NIL priority as other big names they’re making runs at so we have the advantage of not only a much larger NIL collective but also being able to snag these guys from the playoff competitive programs.

A few years ago UGA makes a run at a kid like this and he’s gone for sure. The big timers can’t gatekeep recruits like they used to. Saban was notorious for stealing other team’s top priorities that were a few spots down for them just to gatekeep a talented kid.

Facts

6 "big time offers" and UGA in deep late.

That's a clear 4* resume from what I've followed of big time offers. 5+ is 4 star territory.

Seems like a bit of a late riser. 4* by NSD.

Judging by the heat to the Dawgs and sudden change to Vols heat… either 1) Spyre really is going hard in the paint since the notice of allegations finally got released or 2) this kid saw through the BS of the Kirbster and knows he’s trying to pick Gibson off our board or 3) he loves the orange and our coaches or 4) all of these things
think our coaches have these relationships, with kids, and trust.

kirby has a butt cut.

Reactions: KptVFL
If we get those 2 then we are done at DB. That's 6 in this class (3 corners and 3 safeties).

Not if the right guy is available. We are still thin at CB and at least one currently on the roster is going to transfer out after this season. I also still think Conyer is going to end up at nickel before long.

VN Store

Back