‘23 MO EDGE Samuel M’Pemba (UGA commit)

I wouldn’t call it luck. He recruited a championship. He put a lot of dudes in NfL on that defense.
Besides the outcomes, the main difference between the SEC Championshio game and the National Championship game was the personnel that Bama was able to field. Those corners were exposed in the first game. At the end of the day, uga won, but they still suck.

Besides the outcomes, the main difference between the SEC Championshio game and the National Championship game was the personnel that Bama was able to field. Those corners were exposed in the first game. At the end of the day, uga won, but they still suck.
Don’t hate UGA so much that you start carrying water for Bama 🤢

While that’s true, not every coach at UGA has massive success. Richt never won anything of significance. Neither did Goff or Donnan. And J don’t think just any coach could go there and be successful.
Didn't Richt win the SEC a couple of times? I think most here would consider that pretty significant if we did it. Hell, I'd consider just going to the Sugar Bowl or finishing in the Top 10 significant. We haven't done the former in 31 years or the latter in 21 years. Agree, UGA sucked under Goff and was marginally better under Donnan.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Didn't Richt win the SEC a couple of times? I think most here would consider that pretty significant if we did it. Hell, I'd consider just going to the Sugar Bowl or finishing in the Top 10 significant. We haven't done the former in 31 years or the latter in 21 years. Agree, UGA sucked under Goff and was marginally better under Donnan.

To us TN fans yes winning the SEC is significant. But in reality is it? Not really. In reality only national championships are the significant wins imo. My point was really that it’s assumed that it’s so easy to coach at Georgia that likely anyone could go there and win. I just disagree with that.

I mean does anyone really believe Dooley, Butch or Pruitt could have went to UGA and won anything? I don’t. No doubt though that Georgia has the absolute best situation for a coach given the recruiting hot bed.

To us TN fans yes winning the SEC is significant. But in reality is it? Not really. In reality only national championships are the significant wins imo. My point was really that it’s assumed that it’s so easy to coach at Georgia that likely anyone could go there and win. I just disagree with that.

I mean does anyone really believe Dooley, Butch or Pruitt could have went to UGA and won anything? I don’t. No doubt though that Georgia has the absolute best situation for a coach given the recruiting hot bed.

What?

In the era of Saban and Tom Brady, we've lost all sense of normal regarding the winning of championships. It's hard and it doesn't happen often. It really speaks to their greatness that we dismiss other really good performers as mediocre.

Peyton Manning played in 4 Super Bowls and won 2. And people treat that like it's average. That's really damn good.

Richt averaged just shy of 10 wins a season for 15 years, winning two conference titles. He'd be the 3rd best coach in Tennessee history without an argument. And he had a winning head to head record over one of the 2 men ahead of him.

I agree about your overall point, if it were easy Texas would finish in the Top 10 every year too but they don't. The SEC championship though does means something to me. I realize that is starting to be a dated view, but I came up in the era when the Sugar Bowl was the ultimate prize for us and anything else was gravy.

VN Store

Back