2022-2023 OOC Schedule

he is just not a threat as he gets further from the basket.

It’s becoming clear you either have Nkahmoua mistaken for someone else or didn’t watch, he shot 45% from 3 and was 6th on the team (ahead of any other big) in 3pt made per game, frankly he should’ve took even more and probably would have if not for injury. This was a huge part of his development and a major part of why he’s great for small ball, he’s the only big that has shown any ability to shoot the 3 ball, there’s no opposing teams scout this coming year that will say he’s no threat away from the basket???

Villanova and Jay Wright had a pretty successful run playing small, Baylor plays smaller as well, there’s more success in recent years playing small than playing two true posts…it’s pretty clear you’re of the older generation and still think basketball is played with true big or that football is best running I formation with 2 TE’s, lol. But times and the games have changed for sure and given this rosters makeup it would seem to suggest that small ball is our best.

I think we start games this year small, but that’s not really all that important, what I will say is I think we play more small ball per game than we do 2 true posts per game…whether that’s starting or not we will see, but prior to Nkahmoua’s injury we were already playing more small ball than 2 true post, and not just against opposing teams backups, maybe you forgot but that was almost exclusively our final 8-10 minute lineup to close games out, it was our best lineup no matter who was on the other end of the court.

Reactions: GenRRN
It’s becoming clear you either have Nkahmoua mistaken for someone else or didn’t watch, he shot 45% from 3 and was 6th on the team (ahead of any other big) in 3pt made per game, frankly he should’ve took even more and probably would have if not for injury. This was a huge part of his development and a major part of why he’s great for small ball, he’s the only big that has shown any ability to shoot the 3 ball, there’s no opposing teams scout this coming year that will say he’s no threat away from the basket???
Granted on all of it, EXCEPT the sample size is really small 13-29 is barely more than 1 attempt per game (22 games last season).
This is not a knock on Olivier. He has focused on what RB wants him to do play defense and rebound and now he is finding his shots.
He shot just shy of 50% from the floor, but still only averaged 8.6 per game, which is only1 point more than Fulky.
I think that Julian Phillips already as an incoming Freshman has a more natural 3 point shot than ON.
I will go out on a limb an say that I think Phillips takes more 3 point shots this season that Nkahmoua. But remember, I know nothing!

Villanova and Jay Wright had a pretty successful run playing small, Baylor plays smaller as well, there’s more success in recent years playing small than playing two true posts…it’s pretty clear you’re of the older generation and still think basketball is played with true big or that football is best running I formation with 2 TE’s, lol. But times and the games have changed for sure and given this rosters makeup it would seem to suggest that small ball is our best.
LOL, I formation with 2 TE's .... now that's funny! I am a big believer that Lincoln Riley's offensive strategy is a good one, and Josh Heupel's approach to offense is also very good. In fact, I think Kendal Briles has some really good ideas too.
Where do you get the idea that I think you need two posts. I think that is very dated and very old school. On the other hand, you have to play with what ya got on the roster.
When we were looking to replace Green, I was praying that we could get Jay to come here....but we settled for the Buzz experiment. When we were searching for Buzz's replacement, I was again hoping we would go back to the well and get Jay at that time ... but he was not going to leave at that point. ke sera sera.

I think we start games this year small, but that’s not really all that important, what I will say is I think we play more small ball per game than we do 2 true posts per game…whether that’s starting or not we will see, but prior to Nkahmoua’s injury we were already playing more small ball than 2 true post, and not just against opposing teams backups, maybe you forgot but that was almost exclusively our final 8-10 minute lineup to close games out, it was our best lineup no matter who was on the other end of the court.
Interesting! Nope, I remember that we closed out the first half and games with small ball! One big (Olivier usually) and 4 'shooters/guards'. We could do that primarily because of how good we were at rebounding with JJJ and SV (10 per game) and when you throw in ON, that's 15 per game. Those 3 guys came up with almost half of our rebounds for the entire game!

Enjoyed the repartee! I actually cannot wait to see what RB decides to do this fall.

Last edited:
I agree that Phillips takes more 3’s than Nkahmoua, and wasn’t trying to suggest otherwise, I’m betting Nkahmoua takes more 3’s than any other post though which is more relevant to this conversation.

For Zeigler, Vescovi, James to all get 30+mpg and Phillips and Key to get at least 25+mpg you’re at 140mpg of a possible 200mpg. That’s all your 1-3 minutes and at least 20mpg of 4, and that’s without even mentioning Edwards or Mashack. So to get what most of us consider likely to be our best players on the court you have to play small ball, which was my overall point. Maybe it’s like last year and Barnes doesn’t start that way but still plays it majority of the time, I’m hopeful he starts games with it though.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange

VN Store

Back