So nothing is being done to address the fake injuries?

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
Forgive me. I’m playing catch-up as I missed most of the SEC media day coverage. I heard on the radio that essentially nothing is being done to address the fake injuries. Is this true? Is the commissioner seriously ok with watching SEC football turn into soccer? Tell me this isn’t true.

It’s beyond frustrating watching defenses fake injuries to slow Hooker and Co. down.

Yep, and we are just going to have to adjust because there is a clear counter to mega-fast tempo that is not going away. I suspect Heupel has spent the off-season making adjustments. If we are expecting people not to fake on us this year, when we go ultra fast, frankly that's on us.

Forgive me. I’m playing catch-up as I missed most of the SEC media day coverage. I heard on the radio that essentially nothing is being done to address the fake injuries. Is this true? Is the commissioner seriously ok with watching SEC football turn into soccer? Tell me this isn’t true.
It’s beyond frustrating watching defenses fake injuries to slow Hooker and Co. down.

Sorry to say, the Saban System is what the SEC and NCAA has adopted regarding fake injures. Maybe if fans stop attending games and TV/streaming watchers stop watching due to delays by zombie players, something will get done. Hit them in the pocketbook is the only answer.

Last edited:

One of two things will get action on the fake injuries....Saban support or pressure from networks...though if you think about it, ad revenue on UT games is probably higher than others b/c of all the injury time-outs, so I'd not expect action from networks. UT doesn't have the juice yet to impact this decision alone...there's flopping penalties in bball and soccer, and not a stretch for football...they just choose to ignore it.

NEW RULE: 3 members of the offense are allowed to walk by and kick the flopping defender in the nuts while they are on the ground.

Problem solved.
IFNY.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfullVol

It’s true.

Reactions: feathersax
I wish we would take the bullet and wait until we get one of the espn games that has games after us or some big game like Alabama/Georgia. During the game fake an injury on every single play. Make the game go 10 hours and cause espn to move games around or saban to stroke out. The fallout would be hilarious.

We need to fake injuries every play against Bama and Georgia this season.

Then act as sarcastic as possible in the press conference after.

“Fake injuries?!? Jimmy how dare you question the integrity of our players. We follow the the rules to a T…”

One of two things will get action on the fake injuries....Saban support or pressure from networks...though if you think about it, ad revenue on UT games is probably higher than others b/c of all the injury time-outs, so I'd not expect action from networks. UT doesn't have the juice yet to impact this decision alone...there's flopping penalties in bball and soccer, and not a stretch for football...they just choose to ignore it.
No. Networks hate showing commercials out of their assigned slots. They end up showing commercials for less than the normal fee.
They actually lose a substantial amount of money when a game runs 1hr+ over time slot.
ESPN, CBS, and FOX (if they have any games where this happens) are the only powers that can put a stop to this. They will eventually when teams are doing it more against top tier teams, or if UT becomes a top tier team again with the high tv ratings like we did in the Majors-Fulmer era.

Until everyone/ Alabama n Georgia/ start implementing the hurry up at Heupal’s speed, you can’t say s..t.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Each team now has unlimited Timeouts. 4.5 hour games will be the norm. Irregardless if you’re playing a fast pace team or traditional team, you should always have a player fall down instead of taking a TO during the first half or 3rd Qtr. No reason to waste TOs now.

You could make them write a new rule week one, first series on defense fake it on every play.

Reactions: 08Vol
Pee

Per Bama no they’re not

Reactions: feathersax
We are TN. ESPN would just cut away from our game to cover BAMA. They hate us.
Think ESPN likes us. We have a good audience. They just want the game to last 3 and a half hours so they can get their advertising in. Let’s not be short sighted. It’s their advertising along with CBS that give us those lovely millions each year.

There is really nothing that can be done. It is what it is.
There are several common sense things that CAN be done but until "flopping" has a negative impact on advertisers, OR..SABAN..nothing WILL be done.
Each team now has unlimited Timeouts. 4.5 hour games will be the norm. Irregardless if you’re playing a fast pace team or traditional team, you should always have a player fall down instead of taking a TO during the first half or 3rd Qtr. No reason to waste TOs now.
I agree. This is where it's heading. Unlimited timeouts, substitutions, sideline meetings...Welcome to the new world of "Kiffin-ball".
It took a slimey P.O.S. to identify and exploit a loophole that was virtually ignored throughout the entire history of NCAA Football simply because, for all those years...coaches had too much integrity.

VN Store

Back