‘23 LA CB Jordan Matthews (Tennessee)

Are any of your posts on something positive? I don’t put anyone on ignore but I generally only read a few words of your posts because they all start the same YIKES!
I've had a few. I don't see through a pair of orange lenses either all the time like some do on here sipping all the orange cool aid. At some point, we have to land some quality CBs if we're going to compete at a higher level. Plain and simple.

Lord I swear lol. It’s August and some act like if a kid were to commit somewhere that there is zero chances he could flip. Flips happen every single year. People need to relax.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I've had a few. I don't see through a pair of orange lenses either all the time like some do on here sipping all the orange cool aid. At some point, we have to land some quality CBs if we're going to compete at a higher level. Plain and simple.
Martinez says hello with Theo, Sutton, and Moseley. And a host of nfl draftees from UCF.

The guy can develop...in the case where we don't land bigger recruits. That's an if at this point.

I mean if Martinez is sending kids to the league left and right why wouldn’t you keep him? Some guys are ace recruiters some aren’t. We’ve been beyond squeaky clean the last couple of years; others haven’t.

Reactions: berryvol
Well check this out for the last three years.... compliments of ON3

• TOTAL
    2020-2022
    DRAFTED 776

• 5-STARS

DRAFTED 61 out of 101

4-STARS

DRAFTED 264 out of 1244

3-STARS

DRAFTED 359 of 5610

2-STARS

DRAFTED 92 out of 2180

SO 450 2 and 3 star guys passed those valuable 4 stars

Neither category is validated by this data. Counting all the guys with a pulse as 3 stars to skew the data does not work when nearly 1000 4 star winners get passed by the lower star groups.

Talented 4 stars and talented 3 stars and talented 2 stars are the real target and get drafted.
Out of 8000. Those odds aren't nearly as good as 4 and 5 stars. Not even close. Y'all are crazy 🤣

I’ll be honest here I was shocked when AP said we were in good shape for this kid. I had already ruled him out as in going to Texas. Never really believed we were in this anyways.

Wondering if he put out something to get Texas to sweeten his nil offer?

I’ll be honest here I was shocked when AP said we were in good shape for this kid. I had already ruled him out as in going to Texas. Never really believed we were in this anyways.

Wondering if he put out something to get Texas to sweeten his nil offer?
I felt the same way, but that glimmer of hope from AP had me excited now I get to feel disappointment again. Lol thanks AP!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think a more important predictor of success is experience. A 3-star with 2 years starting experience is generally going to be more successful than a 4/5 star who is just starting their first season.
That can definitely play into it if a program is getting talented guys that just need development.

I think you point to a good way of looking at the recruiting rankings. Four and five star guys are often just more college ready than equally or even more talented 3* who due to their HS circumstances weren't as visible or maybe developed.

VN Store

Back