USC/NEB Transfer RB Markese Stepp

You done stepped in it now.

I remember as a kid, well actually as an adult as well, that I was always stepping in the poo..always had to dig it out of the shoe soul cracks with a stick.
I think back..how could a kid step in so much poo.

Reactions: drvenner
Oh, we judge. Even @Weezer judges. I agree that we should trust our coaches. There are a good many folks who still think they know better.
It’s funny bc ppl always remember the times they were right and forget the times they were wrong. Generally the staff is going to have solid evaluations, of course the further they have to move down their board the shakier things get.

Reactions: drvenner
I remember as a kid, well actually as an adult as well, that I was always stepping in the poo..always had to dig it out of the shoe soul cracks with a stick.
You went outside. Kids stay inside now and really most dogs do as well.

Maybe you just liked poo?

I don't judge.

I doubt he comes here. This kid seems like he's looking for an opportunity to start somewhere. I could be wrong, but he's transferred once already for a chance to start. He'd only be a role player here at best.

Reactions: Orange.
I doubt he comes here. This kid seems like he's looking for an opportunity to start somewhere. I could be wrong, but he's transferred once already for a chance to start. He'd only be a role player here at best.
Yeah in that Nebraska video they did say that.

Perhaps they are trying to persuade him to be a role player. He's either a role player here at a big time program or he'll have to transfer to a low G5 or FCS to be the feature back.

How do you want to be a featured back and looking to transfer a week before fall practices start.

Here's a good breakdown. If he's healthy and a fit then you definitely give him a chance. He actually makes a lot more sense than Kobe Lewis.

That’s a good breakdown. Dude looks to be a really physical runner who is hard to take down. I think he would be a grey shoet yardage back. It would give JWT a chance to RS and be ready.

I find the suggestion that he could only be a role player here to be humorous. Honestly, you'd be hard-pressed to find a major college football program with a more wide-open, unsettled running back situation. The only reason to assume that he'd only be a role player here is that the coaching staff is committed to having a running back by committee approach. Unless that is the case, the chance to carry a heavy load of the rushing attack here would be as up for grabs as any major college football program. Even the ability to show a pulse as a pass blocking running back could get you on the field for a huge number of snaps. I can't recall the last time I saw a running back corp, as a collective group, as horrible at pass blocking as our group was last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiseToTheTop
I find the suggestion that he could only be a role player here to be humorous. Honestly, you'd be hard-pressed to find a major college football program with a more wide-open, unsettled running back situation. The only reason to assume that he'd only be a role player here is that the coaching staff is committed to having a running back by committee approach. Unless that is the case, the chance to be carry a heavy load of the rushing attack here would be as up for grabs as any major college football program. Even the ability to show a pulse as a pass blocking running back could get you on the field for a huge number of snaps. I can't recall the last time I saw a running back corp, as a collective group, as horrible at pass blocking as our group was last year.
Here's why he'd likely be a role player. This offense is very unique in the way of pace. The fastest offense in the country. This guy has never even seen the playbook. Everyone else in the room has been here through summer workouts at bare minimum. When you take into account that he's been at 2 other programs and has earned very limited playing time without the deck stacked against him, you get potential role player for short yardage situations.

Here's why he'd likely be a role player. This offense is very unique in the way of pace. The fastest offense in the country. This guy has never even seen the playbook. Everyone else in the room has been here through summer workouts at bare minimum. When you take into account that he's been at 2 other programs and has earned very limited playing time without the deck stacked against him, you get potential role player for short yardage situations.
I agree. How can a guy come in a month before the season and expect to take comand of this offence when CJH has been implementing it to the team slowly over two seasons!

Your explanations are crystal clear. It's amazing!
b78ce9de-6a86-479f-8bce-9faa4213ada5_text.gif

Mark ‘ese words: Heup won’t bring in someone he doesn’t think has a good shot to contribute. And who knows? Maybe a fresh start in a new system will be a stepp in the right direction for him.
Well, if those video comments are accurate, his next stop will be the 3rd fresh start of his career. Gotta temper expectations with a history like that.

VN Store

Back