Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well damn. We fell 3 spots in 247's team rankings. We're down to 10 with Bama, Miami, and Oklahoma passing us. Knew Bama would because of their success. Knew Miami would because of Ruiz's cash. But I was hoping we would hold off OU.

You can't build with only one person but building on a legacy is a good start. The game needs more personalities and icons. It needs to grow and it has to get better at the collegiate level first. It def. needs more than one Pat but it doesn't even have that right now.
Dawn Staley imo. Geno...but he's aging and still a douche.

Always wish we had gone after her a long time ago. We had the cache and she brought the pro clout. Our legacy would've certainly continued with Staley, but alas...

Reactions: UTProf
Well damn. We fell 3 spots in 247's team rankings. We're down to 10 with Bama, Miami, and Oklahoma passing us. Knew Bama would because of their success. Knew Miami would because of Ruiz's cash. But I was hoping we would hold off OU.
It's July lol.

All that matters for now is having a high average and having some late options/late flip options.

Sure. The NBA was awful when it started too. Took decades to find profitability.

Will the wnba ever be profitable? Possibly. They've had a recent uptick. One question is if the appetite is there for both the college and pro games.

But I 100% agree they need the Griners and Candaces. Regardless, hope Brittany is freed. What a terrible situation. Eff the Putinists.
Uneven trade until they included Paul Whelan. Still should net more innocent Americans when you consider Viktor Bout wiped out thousands in his dealings.

Careful there. No one wants to be Penn State or be a part of any of the other scandals that left a trail of broken lives in the name of 'winning at all costs.' There is a line. Be ruthless in recruiting and strive for excellence in everything we do but there's absolutely a line I don't want us to ever cross. Covering up rape, murder, child abuse, or anything like that in the name of winning is something I think most of us want no part of.
You really jumped the shark there…. I don’t think anyone was meaning rape in any form.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It's July lol.

All that matters for now is having a high average and having some late options/late flip options.
I was making recruiting commentary in the recruiting thread in the recruiting forum.

Honestly, I think we finish in the 11-15 range when all is said and done, but I like the players we're bringing in, and I think this class will be better on the field than their rating indicates.

Really hope the betting line for the Pitt game reflects that 37%. Doubt it will.
57%.

UT is -3

37% would be more like UT +4.5

Still curious if they're considering Addison's departure. Does seem to be a gap between many pollsters and Vegas when it comes to Pitt. I trust Vegas. Always. Regardless of how good FPI has been at predicting/overestimating us in the past.

Reactions: Brillovol
I’m at 8-4.

Losses to Pitt, LSU, Bama and UGA. Close wins against Florida, USCe and Kentucky.

Offense is exceptional. Defense adequate but wears down over time again due to depth issues.

Fun season and we blow out a Big Ten team in a Florida bowl game.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I’m at 8-4.

Losses to Pitt, LSU, Bama and UGA. Close wins against Florida, USCe and Kentucky.

Offense is exceptional. Defense adequate but wears down over time again due to depth issues.

If we lose to Pit. Heupel ain't the guy. The aren't good

ESPN can suck it. They never show Tennessee any respect. Not since they robbed Peyton of his Heisman.

37 percent vs Pitt but 60 percent vs Florida. TBH, I'd take that outcome and never look back if we had a choice but I don't think those are the actual chances in those games.

I was making recruiting commentary in the recruiting thread in the recruiting forum.

Honestly, I think we finish in the 11-15 range when all is said and done, but I like the players we're bringing in, and I think this class will be better on the field than their rating indicates.
Sure just saying our ranking rn is hardly that important.

I'm sticking with #8-#10 finish. Think we'll be able to fit in a few extra spots and we'll find some late takes like always. Already have a strong, top-10 type of average. Should have some leftover NIL from the likes of Mauigoa and Tate to spread out.

I’m at 8-4.

I think you meant 9-3 because we're whipping Pitt.

Could be 10-2. I think we have a good shot against LSU.

To hell with it, 15-0!!!!

If we lose to Pit. Heupel ain't the guy. The aren't good
The ACC champs that just won 11 games, returning a ton of defensive production, picked up a solid QB transfer...aren't even merely "good" lol ok.

Reeks of Pitt 2021 comments...BYU...WVU. Like any non-sec team is not to be respected.

Even going by Vegas, we're a 57% favorite. Which means we'll lose 43% of the time...and yet that's overwhelming enough for you to declare an entire career here dead without watching the last 10 games of the season? 😂😅

Talk about tunnel vision.

Last edited:
Sure just saying our ranking rn is hardly that important.

I'm sticking with #8-#10 finish. Think we'll be able to fit in a few extra spots and we'll find some late takes like always. Already have a strong, top-10 type of average. Should have some leftover NIL from the likes of Mauigoa and Tate to spread out.
Not sure that's how Spyre is gonna do it. They might save some cash for next class.

Reactions: Devo182
You really jumped the shark there…. I don’t think anyone was meaning rape in any form.

I didn't say that you did. I am saying that "winning at all costs" is an attitude can result in such things if you're not careful and don't have standards. Winning at all costs was an attitude that led to coverups at several programs. That's not a theory.

The ACC champs that just won 11 games, returning a ton of defensive production, picked up a solid QB transfers...aren't merely "good" lol.

Reeks of Pitt 2021 comments...BYU...WVU. Like any non-sec team is not to be respected.

Even going by Vegas, we're 57% favorite. Which means we'll lose 43% of the time...and yet that's overwhelming enough for you to declare an entire career here dead without watching the last 10 games of the season? 😂😅

Lost their QB and their top WR. We really should beat them. No excuses.

Looking like 5th in the SEC, 2nd in the East. I expect A&M to jump way up as they are in on a lot of top 100 players.

The ACC champs that just won 11 games, returning a ton of defensive production, picked up a solid QB transfers...aren't merely "good" lol.

Even going by Vegas, we're 57% favorite. Which means we'll lose 43% of the time...and yet that's overwhelming enough for you to declare an entire career here dead without watching the last 10 games of the season? 😂😅

Yep. My Orange colored glasses tell me we whip Pitt because they are from an inferior conference and faded from glory as a program long ago.

My head tells me this will be another year with growing pains because our roster still isn’t super deep. So 8-4 would be a darn good season. When I think what those 4 losses are, Pitt seems like a logical choice.

Anyway… when we whip Florida two weeks after a close loss at Pitt, no one will remember the Pitt game. Except maybe mr. checkerboards.

Lost their QB and their top WR. We really should beat them. No excuses.
Very simplistic and orange-colored analysis. What about the other 20 players? Did we not also lose some important pieces?

You can say "no excuses" all you want, but that is far from reality. There is gray in the world. Vegas sees it. But you can't? A 3 pt favorite is so far from a "lock" it's laughable.

I’m at 8-4.

I'm at 7.6 wins. Regular season only. Just above Vegas and .5 game above FPI.

Was at 6.7 wins last year. Slow and steady progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back