‘23 AL OT Vysen Lang (Tennessee commit)

I could be way off here, but for some reason 3 star on offensive line isn’t always a bad thing. Those guys don’t get the attention a lot of other skill positions, less recruited, less excitement, so they get passed by linebackers,qbs,rbs, cbs, and just about other position now that I think about it.
My point being a 3 star offensive lineman isn’t a bad thing to me. Dude could turn out to be a stud.

I could be way off here, but for some reason 3 star on offensive line isn’t always a bad thing. Those guys don’t get the attention a lot of other skill positions, less recruited, less excitement, so they get passed by linebackers,qbs,rbs, cbs, and just about other position now that I think about it.
My point being a 3 star offensive lineman isn’t a bad thing to me. Dude could turn out to be a stud.

Especially Guards. Guys like Zach Fulton and James Stone come to mind.

I just wanna point one thing out...Stone was 4 star and rated the 2nd best guard according to 247.

Buttttttttttt, Jashon Robertson was a good college player and was a low 3 star.

I remembered Stone as a 3*, but maybe I was thinking of a different service. I was mostly looking at Scout.com back then, so probably that.

Good call on Robertson. A lot of others like Fred Weary, Scott Wells, and Bubba Miller played before the star rating system, but would’ve been 3*s or less…and turned out great.

Then you got a kid like Chris Akpo who looked the part but could never really see the field... where did he end up, because I believe he transferred...

Edit--- see where he hit the transfer portal and is going to Tulsa?

Reactions: walkenvol
I remembered Stone as a 3*, but maybe I was thinking of a different service. I was mostly looking at Scout.com back then, so probably that.

Good call on Robertson. A lot of others like Fred Weary, Scott Wells, and Bubba Miller played before the star rating system, but would’ve been 3*s or less…and turned out great.
Not that it matters because your point is definitely valid, but Fred Weary was a High school All-American recruit. Would have at least been a 4*.

VN Store

Back