Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually lived and coached in Interlachen a few years ago. Different place

Small world.......I mean Interlachen, that is. It is its own small hellhole world where only retirees have any money and the local drug addicts, petty criminals and prostitutes circulate the same $20 bill they stole from one of those retirees.

I just can't get into audio books

Listen to them all the time. I’ve listened to the entire Bible four years in a row now too (takes about 3-6 months depending on pace). Me and my kids love ‘em, too. We’ve finished three books together this summer just while we drive to the pool. We are reading another at night together. Both ways have been fruitful in broadening our horizons. But, the communal part of listening (and reading) together it is pretty sweet. And being able to read to someone and put inflection on certain points and dialogue is a key ingredient to me. I just sort of dread reading to myself I suppose.

Listen to them all the time. I’ve listened to the entire Bible four years in a row now too (takes about 3-6 months depending on pace). Me and my kids love ‘em, too. We’ve finished three books together this summer just while we drive to the pool. We are reading another at night together. Both ways have been fruitful in broadening our horizons. But, the communal part of listening (and reading) together it is pretty sweet. And being able to read to someone and put inflection on certain points and dialogue is a key ingredient to me. I just sort of dread reading to myself I suppose.
My family fell in love with the Harry Potter series during a trip to Florida when we randomly selected Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to listen to at a Cracker Barrel on our way. The rest is history.

My family fell in love with the Harry Potter series during a trip to Florida when we randomly selected Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to listen to at a Cracker Barrel on our way. The rest is history.
I’m on my second listen through of the Harry Potter series. Still can’t get my wife into it and my kids are too little, but I’m a 35 yr old man that listens to Harry Potter by himself and I love it haha. It helps that two to four times a month I have to visit job sites that are 4 hour drives one way and I don’t like listening to music on long drives.

The reason being: Josh Heupel is really good at his job and the Volunteers are gaining traction. In Heupel’s first year, the Vols were second in the SEC in scoring and only 0.6 points behind Alabama in that category. They were third in total yards. Recruiting is going well with a commitment from five-star QB Nico Iamaleava and many other elite players.

This is the last thing the program needed right now - something from the outside slowing down progress in an SEC that now circles like sharks when there is blood in the water.

Pruitt was a disaster. There’s no debating that. But quickly, Heupel has breathed life back into a program that hasn’t won 10 games since 2007. So much is going in the right direction but these violations become concerning.

Heupel is a serious, talented coach who has Tennessee going in the right direction. For Vols fans everywhere, the hope is that the ghost of Jeremy Pruitt and his McDonald’s bags would just go away and never come back. I’m not sure that’s how this situation will play out.
a. gorney

a. gorney
The Fl fan hopes. The reality is, with no lack of institutional control, there won't be any significant punishment if any at all. We were referred to as "the standard" for how to handle these things. We may lose a few visits or a couple of scholarships, but this is nothing. The only thing we'll have to guard against is another round of negative recruiting until that becomes clear.

The Fl fan hopes. The reality is, with no lack of institutional control, there won't be any significant punishment if any at all. We were referred to as "the standard" for how to handle these things. We may lose a few visits or a couple of scholarships, but this is nothing. The only thing we'll have to guard against is another round of negative recruiting until that becomes clear.

exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back