Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ric Flair how do you feel about what has gone down in VOLTOWN today?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just saw the new Thor

The golden age is over. At this point, just show me a good time and send me on my way, which is what it did. Decent character arc for the villain, and of course a few completely unnecessary “the message” pandering that Disney now sprinkles in every movie without any relevance to the story.

6/10, would see again
You mean the completely irrelevant and unnecessary to the plot, story about Korg’s dads?

It appears our defense doesn’t need 6’1” 330 pound DTs…

Looking at this recruiting class, the DL all look really long. I assume we will bulk a few of those guys up and stick them in the middle. Everything seems geared towards penetrating the LOS and wreaking havoc in the backfield. I can’t wait to watch!

Last edited:
It appears our defense doesn’t need 6’1” 330 DTs…

Looking at this recruiting class, the DL all look really long. I assume we will bulk a few of those guys up and stick them in the middle. Everything seems geared towards penetrating the LOS and wreaking havoc in the backfield. I can’t wait to watch!
The lack of pass rush killed us last year and CJH has made a point to address it. I think he’s done a fantastic job. A lot of these guys will need a while to get bigger and stronger to contribute though, imo

The lack of pass rush killed us last year and CJH has made a point to address is. I think he’s done a fantastic job. A lot of these guys will need a while to get bigger and stronger to contribute though, imo

yep. I also think the defense wore down by the end of the season… I like that we are loading up on the DL. There will be plenty of snaps to go around.

It appears our defense doesn’t need 6’1” 330 pound DTs…

Yeah good observation. What good is a d line recruit if he can’t play 35+ downs a game. With our tempo I see why they would go for slimmer, faster lineman.

Reactions: Revived2002
I love that series. I watch it every year around Memorial Day. Amazing group of men.
Was fortunate enough to read the book. Written by Stephen Ambrose, compiled from notes of Dick Winters amd several CO's.

Pacific was completed by Ambrose's son. Reason it was more difficult to write was that most all the people involved in Peleleiu and first wave were killed. By time my Grandad was involved in mop up duty at Iwo and Okinawa, I dont believe there was one original member of 1st Marines. Lecky and Sledge wrote accounts of things during their tours, their memoirs were used tk write the book, also a worthwhile read.

Was fortunate enough to read the book. Written by Stephen Ambrose, compiled from notes of Dick Winters amd several CO's.

Pacific was completed by Ambrose's son. Reason it was more difficult to write was that most all the people involved in Peleleiu and first wave were killed. By time my Grandad was involved in mop up duty at Iwo and Okinawa, I dont believe there was one original member of 5th Marines. Lecky and Sledge wrote accounts of things during their tours, their memoirs were used tk write the book, also a worthwhile read.
Just completed Undaunted Courage (for the 2nd time) by Ambrose. Intriguing read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back