Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I am a graduate of UT's engineering school.....twice .....BSCE 1961 and MSCE in 1966 ( Army sent me to graduate school coming back from deployment to Viet Nam) .So I for one can vouch for the validity of their Engineering School.
Buddy, I’m sure the engineering school changed in the 60 years you’ve been gone. Not sure you can vouch for something if your time away is 3x the age of the current attendees

Maybe you’re a disgruntled inferior student…🤔
Lol I’m extremely happy with my career and finances at my age. But I don’t claim to have attended a premier academic program. Nuclear Engineering is the top notch engineering program at UT

The boomers are coddled enough. Don’t need to be blowing air up their ass too. I graduated from UT Engineering in 2016. It’s an average engineering program

Graduate program ranked 32nd among public institutions, good for upper 21st percentile. I'd say that's easily above average. Maybe you should go back to graduate school and see if you can upgrade your average education.

[eh, this was true and funny but i don't want to bicker, even with people who invite it.]

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
And so will your generation in 30 years. In the meantime it’s funny you accuse other generations of being coddled when yours practically invented safe spaces and trigger warnings.
The idea of “triggering” has been going on for decades. It just has a name now. I agree it’s ridiculous, but I think it’s just an idea that has evolved from the past in the same way PTSD is an understood term and people are no longer “crazy”. I don’t know if safe spaces are a thing or if that was a joke. Is that like a comfort zone?

Some of the dumbest people in my industry graduated from UT engineering. I have no idea how they graduated from anything… also, some of the smartest people I know graduated from UT engineering

Reactions: UTMVol76
Some of the dumbest people in my industry graduated from UT engineering. I have no idea how they graduated from anything… also, some of the smartest people I know graduated from UT engineering
I don’t claim to be the best in my industry or the best in my graduating class, but I also understand that pounding my chest doesn’t change the fact that UT wasn’t an elite academic institution. It’s a solid university in the south where you can be successful, but 75% of the job market is about who you know. Obviously Seldon would have some amazing contacts so this doesn’t apply to him. And don’t get me wrong, I loved going to UT. I’d choose it again.

Reactions: ACvol3
I don’t claim to be the best in my industry or the best in my graduating class, but I also understand that pounding my chest doesn’t change the fact that UT wasn’t an elite academic institution. It’s a solid university in the south where you can be successful, but 75% of the job market is about who you know. Obviously Seldon would have some amazing contacts so this doesn’t apply to him. And don’t get me wrong, I loved going to UT. I’d choose it again.
Good post. There’s more that goes into getting a good job than going to a top school. UT is plenty good enough to make you as much money as you want after graduating.

Good post. There’s more that goes into getting a good job than going to a top school. UT is plenty good enough to make you as much money as you want after graduating.
Also, I was absolutely looking to rile up some old people on a Friday night forum post. Can’t wait to do it again. I’ll try to offset it with recruiting nuggets when I get them.

Graduate program ranked 32nd among public institutions, good for upper 21st percentile. I'd say that's easily above average. Maybe you should go back to graduate school and see if you can upgrade your average education.

Is a statistics course not part of an engineering curriculum? Would have thought so.

VN Store

Back