‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Apparently we are dirt poor morans with more money than we know what to do with. Can you see my toothless smile, Miami and USC fans??
“Next thang ya know ole Jed’s a millionaire!” 😂

It cracks me up that some think Tennessee is a dirt poor program of hillbillies and rednecks. We’re rich hillbillies and rednecks.

We’re just days away from the nation’s top offensive tackle prospect coming off the board with a July 4 commitment set and Francis Mauigoa choosing between six schools.

The group includes Miami, Alabama, USC, Tennessee, Florida, and Hawaii. Mauigoa has been giving some in Coral Gables reason optimism over the past few days. That staff has been recruiting him and his family as long as any other dating back to their time at Oregon. Alex Mirabal, Mario Cristobal, and Cody Woodiel each have longstanding relationships with Mauigoa and his family, who joined him on a mid-week official visit just before wrapping things up in Knoxville to see Tennessee.

Now about Tennessee. I don’t have a crystal ball forecast on any program for the Bradenton IMG Academy product and American Samoa native, but the pulse of the recruitment as of Thursday morning seems to indicate that the Volunteers are best position to land a commitment.

Mauigoa saved that Tennessee trip for last and there seems to be opportunities both on and off the field that are enticing. Linking up with five-star quarterback Nicholaus Iamaleava could be reason enough, but the two also have a similar background and there is family on both sides that can relate to one another and that could matter if the Mauigoa’s follow their son to his next stop.

“With Nico’s (Iamaleava) grandfather here, my dad had someone to talk to a lot in Samoan, because my dad doesn’t speak English — not very well, but he tries his best. Having him accompanied by someone old, but someone that has the experience and knows where his grandchildren are heading to, that kind of gave him an idea of how Tennessee is and stuff like that,” Mauigoa told 247Sports’ Greg Biggins
- Miami Mod
ie Spyre upped homies NIL
BBwKNn.gif

VOL

We’re just days away from the nation’s top offensive tackle prospect coming off the board with a July 4 commitment set and Francis Mauigoa choosing between six schools.

The group includes Miami, Alabama, USC, Tennessee, Florida, and Hawaii. Mauigoa has been giving some in Coral Gables reason optimism over the past few days. That staff has been recruiting him and his family as long as any other dating back to their time at Oregon. Alex Mirabal, Mario Cristobal, and Cody Woodiel each have longstanding relationships with Mauigoa and his family, who joined him on a mid-week official visit just before wrapping things up in Knoxville to see Tennessee.

Now about Tennessee. I don’t have a crystal ball forecast on any program for the Bradenton IMG Academy product and American Samoa native, but the pulse of the recruitment as of Thursday morning seems to indicate that the Volunteers are best position to land a commitment.

Mauigoa saved that Tennessee trip for last and there seems to be opportunities both on and off the field that are enticing. Linking up with five-star quarterback Nicholaus Iamaleava could be reason enough, but the two also have a similar background and there is family on both sides that can relate to one another and that could matter if the Mauigoa’s follow their son to his next stop.

“With Nico’s (Iamaleava) grandfather here, my dad had someone to talk to a lot in Samoan, because my dad doesn’t speak English — not very well, but he tries his best. Having him accompanied by someone old, but someone that has the experience and knows where his grandchildren are heading to, that kind of gave him an idea of how Tennessee is and stuff like that,” Mauigoa told 247Sports’ Greg Biggins
- Miami Mod
ie Spyre upped homies NIL
I enjoyed this while sipping coffee today, thank you sir.

Reactions: Eharv54
Buzz from around the country, quotes from mods or relevant posters only:

Tennessee:
Very much still a toss-up, but starting to hear a little bit more optimism about Tennessee's chances. No final decision has been made, though, from what I've been told, and there's still time for things to change, so definitely not saying it's over even if the Vols are in pretty good shape at the moment.
This is the same deal as with Tate except we are Ohio state this time.

Miami:
Miami has no intention of taking a step back here. Going to be a battle through Monday
100%. Miami does not feel like they’re out at all but sounds like Tennessee is just really involved right now.
His threads on there are great because they went from lauding their NIL program all week to saying all we have to offer is a big NIL deal. So tasty.

Alabama:
Not a lot there, talking about other recruits mostly.

Florida:
Ship has sailed on Francis for them. Found this interesting:
Amazing to see that everyone we want MIA is also in the running for. Could be a new headache for years to come if NIL and Ruiz aren’t reeled in
So maybe we give Miami some good vibes to land EVERYONE ELSE but Francis.

USC:
Sour grapes, still think it's USC vs Tennessee, and they're posting a lot of gifs of money in bags or wads of cash. My spirit is lifted.

They have also identified Tony V as their "Lincoln Riley" of NCAA baseball, and would take him, but know he isn't leaving UT.

Buzz from around the country, quotes from mods or relevant posters only:

Tennessee:

Miami:

His threads on there are great because they went from lauding their NIL program all week to saying all we have to offer is a big NIL deal. So tasty.

Alabama:
Not a lot there, talking about other recruits mostly.

Florida:
Ship has sailed on Francis for them. Found this interesting:

So maybe we give Miami some good vibes to land EVERYONE ELSE but Francis.

USC:
Sour grapes, still think it's USC vs Tennessee, and they're posting a lot of gifs of money in bags or wads of cash. My spirit is lifted.

They have also identified Tony V as their "Lincoln Riley" of NCAA baseball, and would take him, but know he isn't leaving UT.
i think these are the ruminations and vibes once a final decision is made. locking in my CB, Vawls - Hondo.

View attachment 468464

Never heard this one before...

Heupel is a d*** and the kids hate him?

confused-no.gif

This doesn't feel like the Tate recruitment at all. He was legit interested in Tennessee, but he always wanted OSU.

THIS recruiment feels way different. You can feel his heart is with everything about UT. The culture. Coaches. Nico...

I don't think Miami is as much of threat is these people say, but they are 2nd probably.

This doesn't feel like the Tate recruitment at all. He was legit interested in Tennessee, but he always wanted OSU.

THIS recruiment feels way different. You can feel his heart is with everything about UT. The culture. Coaches. Nico...

I don't think Miami is as much of threat is these people say, but they are 2nd probably.
well said.

VN Store

Back