‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

If this is the case, then why is Miami storming onto the scene so late and seen as a “legit threat” according to RC? Are all of these relationships and the fit and the school really about to be shoved aside because Miami simply came in with a massive bag at the 11th hour?

Their name wasn’t even really discussed at all the past few weeks, now we’re 6 days from his commitment and it’s a TN-Miami battle. Sketchy as hell.

Building suspense and getting $9.99 BVS subscription bumps.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
50/50 But I think we are in a good spot. We have done everything we can. Family loves us, he’s got Nico on campus, distance is ehhhh but I think we can overcome that

Wow 50/50?? Really?? That’s kind of disheartening to be honest. I mean we literally haven’t heard anything about Miami throughout this recruitment. It’s essentially been TN/USC. Now all of a sudden Miami lands Rashada and they pop up as a serious threat?

Reactions: PA Vol
Although, I would love to have landed Benson (sounds like he's headed to Bama) and Tate, especially Benson, Im not sweating either of them, at all; however, if we miss on this kid, to either Miami or USC, I'm going to start getting a bit concerned. Missing to Bama and Ohio St is one thing...missing to Miami or USC is, as I said, concerning, especially in the final days of the recruitment.
Interesting....

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
As long as Tennessee can put 100k butts in seats, we are not irrelevant.
Just because people were stupid enough to pay money to watch those Pruitt and Dooley coached teams doesn’t mean we’re not irrelevant on a national level in the eyes of anyone that isn’t a Tennessee fan

Damn, they played the Samoan grandfather card. Check mate.
The funny thing is, I have an acquaintance who is Samoan and she had a hand in hosting Nico’s family. She told me that the family really bought in to Knoxville. While she didn’t have as much to do with this kid, she says she gets the same feeling, as far as the family aspect.
They are BIG on family!
As simple as it may seem, the grandfather thing could go a long way in this recruitment.
😎

Just because people were stupid enough to pay money to watch those Pruitt and Dooley coached teams doesn’t mean we’re not irrelevant on a national level in the eyes of anyone that isn’t a Tennessee fan
The recruits should have more sense, and I prefer the fans underestimating us. Edit: for the moment.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, I have an acquaintance who is Samoan and she had a hand in hosting Nico’s family. She told me that the family really bought in to Knoxville. While she didn’t have as much to do with this kid, she says she gets the same feeling, as far as the family aspect.
They are BIG on family!
As simple as it may seem, the grandfather thing could go a long way in this recruitment.
😎

The Samoan culture connection he has with Nico likely puts us over the edge.

VN Store

Back