Roe vs Wade Overturned

When people proclaim “we have high maternal death rates” they’re including women who are murdered, yet passing it off as a healthcare crisis

OK, that wasn't my point, nor did it have anything to do with the article.

The murder rate is high (more than 3x) among pregnant women because they are murdered because they are pregnant.

The murder rate is high (more than 3x) among pregnant women because they are murdered because they are pregnant.

You’re saying things as if they’re true without actual knowledge of that. It’s just more nonsense propaganda that “women will die”

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
You’re saying things as if they’re true without actual knowledge of that. It’s just more nonsense propaganda that “women will die”

So murder being the cause of death among pregnant women is 3.5x higher than it among women in general, and you don't think that has anything to do with them being pregnant? It's not reasonable to believe that it has something to do with it?

You believe whatever the hell you want to believe, all evidence to the contrary be damned, and that's why I don't usually converse with you.

Reactions: Rifleman
So murder being the cause of death among pregnant women is 3.5x higher than it among women in general, and you don't think that has anything to do with them being pregnant? It's not reasonable to believe that it has something to do with it?

You believe whatever the hell you want to believe, all evidence to the contrary be damned, and that's why I don't usually converse with you.

Hey, how dare you post that horrible propaganda from - (checks link) - a basic data review by The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists? LOL wow.

Reactions: n_huffhines
At least there's nothing weird about men "debating" insanely complex issues on a sub sub tab of a college football forum by parsing 280 character missives, lies, oversimplifications, and crystalized disgust from sources desperate to clickbait their way to a meager living by enraging partisan strangers.
Come on. I know I linked Libs of TikTok, but I’m not even debating a particular issue - which is why I started the post with…
I get it if we disagree about something
I’m just commenting on how people go about handling things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rifleman
I just went and looked at stats and it's troubling, but not quite as wild as you might think. Depending on the source, homicide and accidental injury seem to be the leading causes of death for 25-34 year olds overall regardless of gender.
Which is not really surprising.

Most young people don't die from illness.

The extrapolation that pregnant women are being slaughtered for being pregnant is about the most insane argument I've ever seen anyone try to use.

You’re evaluating two different populations. For example the age most likely to be murdered are the same age that’s most likely to get pregnant.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

The extrapolation that pregnant women are being slaughtered for being pregnant is about the most insane argument I've ever seen anyone try to use.
I don't doubt that a stressor like a pregnancy doesn't lead to murder from time to time, but I think you're right. It's a conclusion in search of evidence.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics...but it does make for effective propaganda, and that's really the only thing the liberals care about.

Reactions: ButchPlz
I don't doubt that a stressor like a pregnancy doesn't lead to murder from time to time, but I think you're right. It's a conclusion in search of evidence.
I'm sure literally any stressor leads to higher instances of murder. I wonder what the numbers look like for people that have recently moved, even.

I just went and looked at stats and it's troubling, but not quite as wild as you might think. Depending on the source, homicide and accidental injury seem to be the leading causes of death for 25-34 year olds overall regardless of gender.

And the fact they didn’t adjust for that makes it feel like they had an agenda.

You’re evaluating two different populations. For example the age most likely to be murdered are the same age that’s most likely to get pregnant.

Not that you are interested in the truth, but it's pretty easy to see that the death rate of women 15-44 is not even double that of women 45-64, so you got a pretty big gap there that indicates that pregnancy puts some women at risk for murder. But all you need is common sense to conclude that.

1656439133791.png

There is all kinds of research and data to support this claim that pregnant women are bigger targets of murder. Even studies that discuss mortality and eliminate accidental deaths. You could spend a whole day reading all this ****.

I don’t see how that’s possible if he owned it . Unless he tried to collect insurance somehow .
edit : somebody possibly had a lean on it that he didn’t know about ?
Might have been an air pollution violation. Lot of toxic gases given off burning all that plastic.

It’s not even necessarily higher. Just a higher %. Meaning they could be experiencing death at the same rate but it accounts for a higher % of death in pregnant women.

Without the per capita rate it’s really hard to compare to to anything. Which is another reason for skepticism. Do you have a link to the actual study they’re quoting?

My take on this entire situation is that the SCOTUS decision puts the legal discussion into the hands of each individual state. The overturning of Roe simply does not ban abortion in the US. It just means you might have to move or at least travel a few hours to get it done. It seems to me people have been clamoring for the feds to give power back to the states on a whole boatload of issues, but when it happenes people get all kinds of mad. To me it should be easier for the pro abortion folks now to vote in politicians that support their cause since it is just on the state level. Maybe I am just an old fool without a uterus so I just don't get it.

I found the study for you. You're misrepresenting the study. Like I told you earlier these studies define "pregnancy associated deaths" as any death within a year of pregnancy.

The study specifically included women who were pregnant within a year of their death. Nearly 75% of the women murdered, were not pregnant at the time of their murder. So you believe these women were murdered for having been pregnant last year?

Even more alarmingly the study relied only on autopsy results and was of women in Maryland (the 3rd highest homicide rate in the nation). All suspected murders receive an autopsy. That's not true for other causes of death.

To make matters even worse, the data is from the 1990s, when homicide rates were 50%-100% (depending on the exact year in question) greater than they are today.

I don't expect you to respond to this, but let's be clear on why you ignore me. Because I call you out on nonsense like this that you are trying to represent as an absolute fact and as a reason for endorsing abortion.

1656444744655.png

Enhanced Surveillance for Pregnancy-Associated Mortality—Maryland, 1993-1998

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Not that you are interested in the truth, but it's pretty easy to see that the death rate of women 15-44 is not even double that of women 45-64, so you got a pretty big gap there that indicates that pregnancy puts some women at risk for murder. But all you need is common sense to conclude that.

View attachment 468002

There is all kinds of research and data to support this claim that pregnant women are bigger targets of murder. Even studies that discuss mortality and eliminate accidental deaths. You could spend a whole day reading all this ****.

Lol I'm not interested in truth? You listed a study from one of the top 3 highest states in terms of homicide during the 1990s saying pregnant women there are more likely to die from homicide and pretended it was presentative of the nation today.

That was probably the most misrepresented study I've ever read.

VN Store

Back