Military struggling to meet quota.

Yeah, couldn't have anything to do with wars that aren't worth fighting, decades and decades of terrible foreign policy that has unnecessarily put our boys in harm's way, wasted trillions of dollars, and caused countless innocent casualties, and cases of PTSD. Part of me wanted to fight for the good guys when I was 18. We are so clearly not the good guys. Maybe the not so bad guys, or the least bad guys, but that doesn't inspire much.

Who calls white soldiers racist, exactly?

No, recruiting (from what I understand) was easier during war time.

A couple years of mandatory service to the country wouldn’t be a bad idea at this point. Peace Corps, VISTA, military, etc.. There’s plenty of work that needs to be done. Have the pay and benefits for the military path considerably higher.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
A couple years of mandatory service to the country wouldn’t be a bad idea at this point. Peace Corps, VISTA, military, etc.. There’s plenty of work that needs to be done. Have the pay and benefits for the military path considerably higher.

It would be a terrible idea.

Now if you wanted to talk about adopting the Starship Troopers model for earning citizenship I'm not opposed to that conversation.

Reactions: malinoisvol
It would be a terrible idea.

Now if you wanted to talk about adopting the Starship Troopers model for earning citizenship I'm not opposed to that conversation.

Maybe if they were invested in the country making progress, burning down infrastructure during the peaceful protests when they don’t like something wouldn’t be a popular option. Perhaps ask not what your country can do for you could become a philosophy again.

No, recruiting (from what I understand) was easier during war time.

It's always war time, LOL.

I believe it was easier to recruit in 2004 than it is now. Just seems like common sense. But after 20 years of bad results, you'd think people would wise up. My Dad was trying to get me to join the military in 2000. I highly doubt he would do that with an 18 YO son at this point, and it has nothing to do with the woke state of the military. In fact, I am almost positive he didn't broach the topic with my brother, who is 7 years younger than me.

Unfortunately, there is no data that accurately measures how easy it is to recruit. I can see enlistment is down, basically year over year, for a while, but enlistment doesn't tell us a whole lot.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
From the article:

The pool of those eligible to join the military continues to shrink, with more young men and women than ever disqualified for obesity, drug use or criminal records. Last month, Army Chief of Staff Gen. James McConville testified before Congress that only 23% of Americans ages 17-24 are qualified to serve without a waiver to join, down from 29% in recent years.

More than half of the young Americans who answered the survey — about 57% — think they would have emotional or psychological problems after serving in the military. Nearly half think they would have physical problems.

Among Americans surveyed by the Pentagon who were in the target age range for recruiting, only 13% had parents who had served in the military, down from approximately 40% in 1995. The military considers parents one of the biggest influencers for service.

An expert on military personnel policy says that middle class parents, including those who are newly middle class, often encourage their kids to go to college before selecting a career, which hurts recruiting for enlisted personnel.

Overall confidence in U.S. government institutions is also decreasing, and that has hit the U.S. military as well. In 2021 the annual Reagan National Defense Survey, conducted by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, found that just 45% of Americans had a great deal of trust and confidence in the military, down 25 points since 2018.

The trend will most likely continue as the overall military shrinks and familiarity with service keeps dropping, say the officials. In 2021, an Army study found that 75% of Americans ages 16-28 knew little to nothing about the Army.

Hey, but good news because Space Force is going to hit their number!

Reactions: McDad
It's always war time, LOL.

I believe it was easier to recruit in 2004 than it is now. Just seems like common sense. But after 20 years of bad results, you'd think people would wise up. My Dad was trying to get me to join the military in 2000. I highly doubt he would do that with an 18 YO son at this point, and it has nothing to do with the woke state of the military. In fact, I am almost positive he didn't broach the topic with my brother, who is 7 years younger than me.

Unfortunately, there is no data that accurately measures how easy it is to recruit. I can see enlistment is down, basically year over year, for a while, but enlistment doesn't tell us a whole lot.

Why would he not want you to do that today but would in 2000? What am I missing?

Why is the U.S. military struggling to recruit young Americans?
Why join the military, they'll call you a racist because white and don't tell them you're a conservative or an nra member. You'll be branded an extremist.

It should be an honor to serve in the USA military, Yet if historical and current trends continue, the coming Russo-Chino-Iranian- DPRK coalition may only need to fart loud enough to defeat us in battle. Assuming we even have the guts by then to at least pretend to battle. A major part of the problem with the USA military is history catching up with the bigotry inherent in the institution. And a refusal to either acknowledge or seriously address it. I say a major part because at this moment I'm not referring to the contemporary mess relating to transgender, female integration into male combat units, accepting immigrant recruits who don't even have citizenship, and other assorted self-created foolishness.

The very tone of the message quoted above exhibits the historical and current bigotry I do refer to. The nation is founded upon derogatory attitudes, physical abuse, and disdain for people not of certain ethnic extraction. And that included certain Europeans, not just people of color. For example, Irish folks were at one time considered rubbish. Later Italians were too, but always when it came to people of color, the disdain was amplified. The military being comprised of members of society reflect the attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors of that society. We've seen it in incidents where people of color did acts of extreme valor as did their pale comrades, only to be denied awards such as the medal of honor and even the benefits of post WWII GI bill. This includes being dishonorably discharged for conduct such as fights they did not start and as was clearly proven, thus denied military pensions and other post service benefits. The Red Tails Squadron is a prime example of this type of treatment. And now, there are people who, maybe at the start, desired to correct these unjust circumstances, but allowed fringe groups to contaminate that objective. Thus, we get the transgender, gender integrated units, and of course the subsidy mess of sexual harassment, and I dare say at times, the baseless accusations of such harassment that comes with that. But it all began and continues in major part due to the derogatory attitudes, physical abuse, and disdain for people not of certain ethnic extraction. And a flat refusal to acknowledge the truth of this fact. Your post is a classic example of the tactic bigots use to bemoan, blame, and claim to be victims of the very situations created by yourselves.

Now, I expect to be blasted by daring to post this. Why? Because the truth is unwelcome by most people unless it flatters them or denigrates someone else.

Yeah, couldn't have anything to do with wars that aren't worth fighting, decades and decades of terrible foreign policy that has unnecessarily put our boys in harm's way, wasted trillions of dollars, and caused countless innocent casualties, and cases of PTSD. Part of me wanted to fight for the good guys when I was 18. We are so clearly not the good guys. Maybe the not so bad guys, or the least bad guys, but that doesn't inspire much.

Who calls white soldiers racist, exactly?

I agree. I think it's a culmination of stuff. Have you not seen the woke training?

It should be an honor to serve in the USA military, Yet if historical and current trends continue, the coming Russo-Chino-Iranian- DPRK coalition may only need to fart loud enough to defeat us in battle. Assuming we even have the guts by then to at least pretend to battle. A major part of the problem with the USA military is history catching up with the bigotry inherent in the institution. And a refusal to either acknowledge or seriously address it. I say a major part because at this moment I'm not referring to the contemporary mess relating to transgender, female integration into male combat units, accepting immigrant recruits who don't even have citizenship, and other assorted self-created foolishness.

The very tone of the message quoted above exhibits the historical and current bigotry I do refer to. The nation is founded upon derogatory attitudes, physical abuse, and disdain for people not of certain ethnic extraction. And that included certain Europeans, not just people of color. For example, Irish folks were at one time considered rubbish. Later Italians were too, but always when it came to people of color, the disdain was amplified. The military being comprised of members of society reflect the attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors of that society. We've seen it in incidents where people of color did acts of extreme valor as did their pale comrades, only to be denied awards such as the medal of honor and even the benefits of post WWII GI bill. This includes being dishonorably discharged for conduct such as fights they did not start and as was clearly proven, thus denied military pensions and other post service benefits. The Red Tails Squadron is a prime example of this type of treatment. And now, there are people who, maybe at the start, desired to correct these unjust circumstances, but allowed fringe groups to contaminate that objective. Thus, we get the transgender, gender integrated units, and of course the subsidy mess of sexual harassment, and I dare say at times, the baseless accusations of such harassment that comes with that. But it all began and continues in major part due to the derogatory attitudes, physical abuse, and disdain for people not of certain ethnic extraction. And a flat refusal to acknowledge the truth of this fact. Your post is a classic example of the tactic bigots use to bemoan, blame, and claim to be victims of the very situations created by yourselves.

Now, I expect to be blasted by daring to post this. Why? Because the truth is unwelcome by most people unless it flatters them or denigrates someone else.

So you're comparing Irish with a guy who thinks he's a woman? Are you this ignorant?

Screw that.
I am always asking what can my country do for me. Not what can I do for my country.

Young man: should I join the military?

Vet: Well, my experience kind of ruined my life. I saw my best pal die for no good reason and he left behind his young family. I saw an Iraqi family home that was hit by an errant drone strike. I can't get these nightmares out of my head and they've prevented me from moving on with my life and having normalcy. I can't keep down a job or maintain relationships. I'm suicidal.

Young man: OK, OK. Sounds good.

Vet: and they're handing out promotions to transgender officers too easily.

Young man: I'm out.

Yep, you're finally accurate on something

From the article:

The pool of those eligible to join the military continues to shrink, with more young men and women than ever disqualified for obesity, drug use or criminal records. Last month, Army Chief of Staff Gen. James McConville testified before Congress that only 23% of Americans ages 17-24 are qualified to serve without a waiver to join, down from 29% in recent years.

More than half of the young Americans who answered the survey — about 57% — think they would have emotional or psychological problems after serving in the military. Nearly half think they would have physical problems.

Among Americans surveyed by the Pentagon who were in the target age range for recruiting, only 13% had parents who had served in the military, down from approximately 40% in 1995. The military considers parents one of the biggest influencers for service.

An expert on military personnel policy says that middle class parents, including those who are newly middle class, often encourage their kids to go to college before selecting a career, which hurts recruiting for enlisted pe

Overall confidence in U.S. government institutions is also decreasing, and that has hit the U.S. military as well. In 2021 the annual Reagan National Defense Survey, conducted by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, found that just 45% of Americans had a great deal of trust and confidence in the military, down 25 points since 2018.

The trend will most likely continue as the overall military shrinks and familiarity with service keeps dropping, say the officials. In 2021, an Army study found that 75% of Americans ages 16-28 knew little to nothing about the Army.

Hey, but good news because Space Force is going to hit their number!
The gravity of recruitment challenges is zero for space force.

Maybe if they were invested in the country making progress, burning down infrastructure during the peaceful protests when they don’t like something wouldn’t be a popular option. Perhaps ask not what your country can do for you could become a philosophy again.

Forcing someone to serve often results in poor attitudes and discipline.

So you're comparing Irish with a guy who thinks he's a woman? Are you this ignorant?

Aren't you precious??? A master at redirecting via twisting other's words into something they're not. I guess you really know how to rock, you know to twist.
1656429990320.png

Forcing someone to serve often results in poor attitudes and discipline.

We’ve had two or three generations of bad parenting. Something radical needs to happen. But there would be the problem of more indoctrination.

A benefit could be to flesh out many of those that arrived here illegally and to offer them a path to citizenship - instead of giving a mass waiver to those that weren’t caught crossing in.

VN Store

Back