Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I feel like with the way this class is building it’s going to be much more sustainable than some others being built. Or like Butchs elite classes. Feel like many of these guys are buying into the program and culture and that’s why they are coming to TN. Not just early playing promises and superficial stuff.
Eh. Butch's classes were fine. He just sucked as a coach.

I feel like with the way this class is building it’s going to be much more sustainable than some others being built. Or like Butchs elite classes. Feel like many of these guys are buying into the program and culture and that’s why they are coming to TN. Not just early playing promises and superficial stuff.

Butch never really had elite recruiting classes.

Eh. Butch's classes were fine. He just sucked as a coach.
Yep, I thought Kyler Kerbyson’s interview about Butch was interesting. He had four starting Oline about to quit the team bc no one had any idea who was favored to start, everyone was at each other’s throats. Butch did a great job stocking up talent, he just had no real leadership qualities and he never really had leadership in the lockerroom either bc of how he ran the team. Some coaches guys will run through a wall for; Butch had guys that wanted to physically stomp him.

Yep, I thought Kyler Kerbyson’s interview about Butch was interesting. He had four starting Oline about to quit the team bc no one had any idea who was favored to start, everyone was at each other’s throats. Butch did a great job stocking up talent, he just had no real leadership qualities and he never really had leadership in the lockerroom either bc of how he ran the team. Some coaches guys will run through a wall for; Butch had guys that wanted to physically stomp him.
KK had a whole podcast a couple weeks ago about the butch years. He covered the Mack Crowder incident and the Drae Bowles stuff. Also just the culture in general. It was a good listen. On YT if anyone is interested.

Cost of living and quality of life is a whole lot better in Tennessee than LA. just saying.

You're right about cost of living, but TN is 10-15 spots behind CA in every QoL list I've seen. Those types of things are also probably not super important to 17 year olds like these that are almost certainly only spending three years there before their next residence is determined by the draft.

You're right about cost of living, but TN is 10-15 spots behind CA in every QoL list I've seen. Those types of things are also probably not super important to 17 year olds like these that are almost certainly only spending three years there before their next residence is determined by the draft.

The problem with those quality of life articles are that they are usually written by writers who find big city life attractive. I can only speak as a southern boy whose customer has many offices in LA so I spend many weeks a year there. If you want traffic everywhere you go all day, everything overpriced and higher crime/homeless on streets everywhere, then LA is probably for you. LA has beaches over Tennessee and pretty consistent weather if you can afford to live in those areas. So for me, I would take Tennessee for Quality of Life all day every day over LA, don't care what the articles say.

The problem with those quality of life articles are that they are usually written by writers who find big city life attractive. I can only speak as a southern boy whose customer has many offices in LA so I spend many weeks a year there. If you want traffic everywhere you go all day, everything overpriced and higher crime/homeless on streets everywhere, then LA is probably for you. LA has beaches over Tennessee and pretty consistent weather if you can afford to live in those areas. So for me, I would take Tennessee for Quality of Life all day every day over LA, don't care what the articles say.
Yeah that’s why folks from Cali and New York are flocking elsewhere. You hit the nail on head on this topic. I wouldn’t care to live in any big city but especially any in New York or California. The cost of living there is absurd. GBO!

Agreed. I am a Tennessee native living in D.C. and I can tell you that I am a bit fatigued by the city life. I moved up here for work, but QoL is just.....different. Everything is obscenely expensive, and rent prices are through the roof. With my salary, I probably could have afforded to buy a home in any part of the state of Tennessee by now, but up here I'm still years away from that reality. I definitely want to leave when I can.

VN Store

Back