‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

He sounds like they've decided Vols unless some family back home changes their minds before July 4.

I remember AP saying that he thinks the only thing that would be a negative for us would be distance. Obviously USC is closer. But I think Nico and the Polynesian connection are gonna be too much for USC to overcome.

I remember AP saying that he thinks the only thing that would be a negative for us would be distance. Obviously USC is closer. But I think Nico and the Polynesian connection are gonna be too much for USC to overcome.
There was a lot of talk about showing the city to family. Made me wonder if family will be moving with him.

USC should scare everyone. That said I think we’re good here.
Nah. It's not just proximity with these kids, it's culture too.
This guy comes from a family that doesn't like the big city really. They like outdoors and nature.
Both of his brothers played at Wazzu. They're from Samoa. Those folks are chill and emphasize family and loving mother Earth.
All of the kids we've ever recruited that has that island culture has always loved UT because of the culture. It's very similar to American Samoa.

I feel like with the way this class is building it’s going to be much more sustainable than some others being built. Or like Butchs elite classes. Feel like many of these guys are buying into the program and culture and that’s why they are coming to TN. Not just early playing promises and superficial stuff.
Nico.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
I feel like with the way this class is building it’s going to be much more sustainable than some others being built. Or like Butchs elite classes. Feel like many of these guys are buying into the program and culture and that’s why they are coming to TN. Not just early playing promises and superficial stuff.
to be fair, at least when comparing to other coaches, prior to now, i'll just say the initial hook today is better than the hook we had a few years ago. that said, landing Nico as early as we did, Ethan Davis as earl as we did, Jack Lutrell...etc...i think the peer recruiting has definitely been a whole lot better than in previous years, and it's shown in just who we've been able to get on campus this year.

siap, it wasn't that long ago that we weren't even in the same ball park as UGA, OSU, Bama in terms of recruiting....i'd say that's changed. we're not yet able to land all of them, but i think being in that same conversation with as many high level prospects as we currently are, will eventually lead to consistency in the types of classes we land.

if we continue to show progression on the field and the offense continues on it's current path, the defense shows progress.....and win a game (or two) we're maybe not supposed to...then there's no reason not to think we won't.

VN Store

Back