The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Does that rule only apply to 1st base?
I will have to find the interpretation of that rule. If a guy is running from 2nd to 3rd and the center fielders throws a direct line to the 3rd baseman and it hits the runner, is the runner out?
I think if you run in a straight line on all the other bases, it’s fair game as long as you are not running out of the base path, which is also subjective 😂

Reactions: MAD
Runners interference running to first base. It is automatic runners interference if the runner is in fair territory on a throw to first. But the runner technically has to be in fair territory to touch the base…
That needs to be one of those where the defense takes the loss. The batter does everything that he is supposed to do, but is penalized.

Runners interference running to first base. It is automatic runners interference if the runner is in fair territory on a throw to first. But the runner technically has to be in fair territory to touch the base…

Half of the base is technically in foul territory, so you have plenty of base outside the line

Half of the base is technically in foul territory, so you have plenty of base outside the line
I played baseball for 20 years growing up and never had a single game with that call unless the batter’s entire body was in fair territory. If they are running straight down the line they shouldn’t be called out imo. But I don’t make the rules.

Hey, take it up with OT. You're the.one who posted the noob pic and comment. Better luck next year.
AcclaimedImaginativeBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gif

VN Store

Back