Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sat on Visitor's sides at neutral site games a couple of times. Both times were great experiences. Neither was Georgia or Florida, so their A-hole fans (no offense @DawgInterloper ) did not figure into it.

None taken. I don't share any credit for successes of the team or any blame for idiocy of the fans.

Finally finished my first hockey stick bench for a friend! Three more Carolina Hurricanes ones to go and I will share those, they will be much bigger, enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 35603D8A-D740-45B6-9341-51F378DBFD69.jpeg
    35603D8A-D740-45B6-9341-51F378DBFD69.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 88B730CF-92A7-4D19-90E7-3B0A55ECA688.jpeg
    88B730CF-92A7-4D19-90E7-3B0A55ECA688.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • E6D91E9F-3437-482A-A3B6-C1CE3E0F0F6E.jpeg
    E6D91E9F-3437-482A-A3B6-C1CE3E0F0F6E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25
His alcoholism could flare up again

For his personal sake, I really hope not.

Not defending his past or even his current (I don't keep up with what he says or does). Just would hate to see that happen to anyone and really hope fighting that beast has helped turn his life entirely around.

In 2020 Phil Steele said he liked Jeremy Pruitt's confidence and he predicted we'd finish with a 9-3 record.

In 2021 Phil Steele predicted, owing to our attrition and new staff, we'd finish 6th in the SEC East, ahead of only Vanderbilt.

I on the other hand, back on April 21st last year, predicted we would have 5 wins, 4 toss-ups, and 3 losses. I further said if we could win 2 of the toss-ups I think that would be good. That's exactly what happened.

Now maybe I was just lucky and maybe Phil has been unlucky the last couple years when it comes to Tennessee and our schedule but I'm betting I know more about us and our opponents than he does.

To that end, I think we have more toss-ups this year, at least on paper, so I'm going with 5 wins, 6 toss-ups, and 1 likely loss. The toss-ups are @Pitt (I actually think we win on talent), UF (I'm leaning towards win but not committed yet), at LSU (LSU has a 5-star defensive front, no secondary, a 5-star RB and a 5-star WR, both coming back from season ending injuries. They'll probably be okay at QB but I don't think they have an offensive line yet and this being a line of scrimmage league, Kelly gonna learn), UA (I know it's hard to believe this could be a toss-up but on paper it is and since we hung with them for much of the game last year I'm not willing to concede since I genuinely believe we will be a vastly improved team this year), UK (I'm just putting UK in the toss-up column to prove I'm not cocky. I actually think we smoke them), @SC (I don't think we should underestimate Rattler but last year their offensive line ranked #108 in the nation and their defensive line was #125 last year - see prior comment on this being a line of scrimmage league. It takes 3 years to build a quality line in the SEC - on either side of the ball.).

I think our likely loss is at Georgia but I said a few weeks ago that if we could get their offense downgraded a bit and their defense downgraded a bit, this game too could move closer to the toss-up category. Well, at the end of May Bill Connelly downgraded his expectations for both the offense and defense of Georgia for this year. It's not enough to get it to where I'd like to see it but things are moving in the right direction.

So using Basketball and Baseball as a sort of pattern, I'm figuring we somehow end up winning the SEC Championship this year and then get knocked off in the first round of the playoffs. lol

How Much do I owe you for always bringing good content

Yeah, portal bound would be where I'd put the bet over finishing career at Texas. Smart move though, with a free transfer to play with Texas got the big boy money and if he starts/wins there he'll be a hero and high draft pick. Not much downside honestly, since Sark has a reputation already no way Arch gets hate for a transfer out if that's what ends up happening.

I think this is right. He apparently loves Austin and has a lot of friends there, the family likes Sark’s track record as a QB developer, and the NIL opportunities will be through the roof. He’s done his due diligence at UGA and Bama, and if Texas implodes and fires Sark, he can transfer to one of them then. It’s not like they won’t make room for him. I don’t think the Mannings are worried much about winning a NC, or even a Heisman - they want him to be the 1/1 QB in the NFL draft and think a QB guru as a head coach is the best way to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back