‘23 NC WR Noah Rogers (NC State)

They're not. I've read that teams like Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Georgia are not throwing NIL money at HS recruits instead telling them that the money will there when they prove themselves using the mega bucks that Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are pulling in and OSU and Alabama have the most NFL players which they're also using. Wasn't the massive Texas A&M money to recruits what Saban was complaining about?

The reason OSU is getting almost every WR they're going after is real simple - their WR coach Brian Hartline who is still in his mid 30s and has retained his NFL receiver skills. He even went head to head with this year's 1st rounders - Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson - and was every bit as good as them which blows the kids away.

Brandon Inniss backed this up yesterday when he said that Hartline was the reason he chose OSU and then said (about Hartline) - “He doesn’t only tell us how he developed his receivers, but he shows us,” Inniss said. “He shows us how.”

It's probably a bad sign if a guy who had 344 catches for 4,766 yards and 14 touchdowns over 6 years in the NFL is going head to head with 1st round picks and is every bit as good as them.

The putting guys in the league argument is nonsense, who has hartline developed? Wilson was the 32nd overall recruit on rivals. Smith-Njigba was the 20th overall recruit on rivals. Olave was a three star. Places like Ohio State put guys in the league because of how much elite talent they get. That talent would go to the league no matter where they went, Ohio State has little to do with developing players in my opinion.

It's probably a bad sign if a guy who had 344 catches for 4,766 yards and 14 touchdowns over 6 years in the NFL is going head to head with 1st round picks and is every bit as good as them.

The putting guys in the league argument is nonsense, who has hartline developed? Wilson was the 32nd overall recruit on rivals. Smith-Njigba was the 20th overall recruit on rivals. Olave was a three star. Places like Ohio State put guys in the league because of how much elite talent they get. That talent would go to the league no matter where they went, Ohio State has little to do with developing players in my opinion.

This is like saying Bama doesn’t develop players

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Is this a joke?

How can you sit there and say kids don't develop there?

Velus Jones 3 star
Chris Olave 3 star
Why give UT credit but not Ohio State?

And perhaps check how many top 100 players actually make it to the NFL

This kid is the best WR prospect they have committed so far imo.

They have a total of 5 WRs committed now I think haha.

Reactions: Frosty
Wow, what in recruiting world is going on?

I think NIL is going to have recruiting looking like the wild west. They really have opened pandora's box.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
Several will be in the portal after a year or two

That might be somewhat true, but, they recruit the top players and let them compete with each other. Competition brings out the best in everybody. I'd like to have 10-12 top-notch atletes slugging it out and may the best man win. The ones that are left on the lower rungs may choose to transfer, yes........ Doesn't mean they are bad, just not as good as the starters. Jameson Williams is a perfect example. Jaxon Smith-Njigba rightfully beat him out for the starting job and he transferred to Alabama to become their star because he was their top WR. Turns out OSU didn't miss him. BTW, I just looked up an interesting stat..... In Hartlines 5 seasons he has recruited 17 players, all of which would have been snatched up by the top programs, and only 2 that transferred, Williams and Mookie Cooper. He doesn't recruit, he selects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Southeastern VFL
In a few years this is going to be us anyways. In 1 year in CJH offense he took 2 guys one that had been misused, and one that was a bench warmer and turned them into 2 receivers that now in the NFL and one that is on his way. 2 maybe 3 years down the road when him and his coaching staff has developed what he has now this is going to be a totally different conversation. In 1 year he has done proved that he can get the absolute best out of sub par WR just give it time they will come.

Is this a joke?

How can you sit there and say kids don't develop there?

Velus Jones 3 star
Chris Olave 3 star
Why give UT credit but not Ohio State?

And perhaps check how many top 100 players actually make it to the NFL
Hartline is very good at catching players before they blow up as well. JSN was not ranked in the top 300 when Hartline extended an offer, same with Bryson Rodgers, who might end up in the top 100 when it’s all said and done.

Good luck this season Vol Nation! Go Bucks!

Hartline is very good at catching players before they blow up as well. JSN was not ranked in the top 300 when Hartline extended an offer, same with Bryson Rodgers, who might end up in the top 100 when it’s all said and done.

Good luck this season Vol Nation! Go Bucks!
Can’t say as I like Ohio State but I’m fine with you guys beating Meat Chicken and weirdo Harbaugh every year.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
This is like saying Bama doesn’t develop players
The best way to develop players is to stack talent. That way, they practice, lift weights, and study film in order to beat out the equally talented player next to him. UT hasn’t developed players because good players win jobs by default. They can get sloppy and lazy and they will never lose their spot. You can be Saban but players will tune him out if they know they will never get benched.

VN Store

Back