Sick of all these SEC teams in WS

Who do you think breaks through with a NC first:

Vitello, Heupel, or Barnes . . . Or no one.

No one is most likely.

But I think Vitello is by far closer to achieving that as a reality.

They choked against ND. I think they will be back.

if you added KJH, I’d say Lady Vols.
she has fully embraced the transfer portal and overseas recruiting.

So the final four teams in Omaha are 3 SEC teams and one future one.
kind of hard to argue against the superiority of the league even without the Vols there.
and it stings even a little more that ND went out early. How did we lose to them? Sigh.

We were the dominant team in the SEC, winning the league by an awesome 6 games. That three of the final four are SEC teams makes us look better and better.

I really don't hate the world series winding up looking like the SEC invitational. We already won that.

A good friend of mine follows ACC hoops religiously. Back in the early '90s when Carolina had folks like Stackhouse and Rasheed Wallace, Wake had Tim Duncan, Duke had Grant Hill, etc etc, he'd all the time talk about winning the ACC was hard. Really, really hard. And a bigger accomplishment than winning some crapshoot tournament where anything can happen in a single day. English premier league soccer, same thing - the champion is whoever had the best body of work for the whole season.

I'm not taking away from the world series, it is what it is, but you can definitely make a case that what we already did was harder. Call me a glass half full kind of person :cool:

I really don't hate the world series winding up looking like the SEC invitational. We already won that.

Just like Arkansas last year who won every single SEC series but we still gave them so much crap about not making the World Series like we did, so which is it?

If you guys want to settle being a super regional runner up and and downplaying the World Series be my guest, I for one will be wanting what every other fan base sees as the ultimate goal.

Reactions: Titan05
Just like Arkansas last year who won every single SEC series but we still gave them so much crap about not making the World Series like we did, so which is it?

If you guys want to settle being a super regional runner up and and downplaying the World Series be my guest, I for one will be wanting what every other fan base sees as the ultimate goal.
I meant what I said, so that’s which it is. I also didn’t give Arkansas any crap about last year. I’m only speaking for me, though. I’m obviously not everyone.

I’m sick and tired of uninformed people blaming the supers loss on Gilbert. Do you even know what the score was at the time he got ejected??? We were losing 8-2. What happened after that? We closed the gap to 8-6 and ultimately lost. I could argue that his ejection got our guys a little more fired up and locked in. We destroyed them in Game 2 and fell short in Game 3 after Burns was pitching a gem until that ill fated 7th inning. I don’t think a lot of y’all actually watched these games and choose to just find someone to blame. If you want to blame something, blame the game of baseball. There’s a reason the number 1 overall seed hasn’t won since 1999 and the past 3 have been put out in supers. That’s just the way the sport is setup.
Exactly..baseball is different than other sports. Look what happened against Tenn Tech. I think it was Lasorda who said every team will win 50 and lose 50...its what you do with the other 62 that counts.

No one is settling or downplaying, just being realistic that tournament ball is a different beast than the regular season and anything can happen.

Reactions: ArmchairQB
I think this thread might need to be put in the HOF. Maybe towards the top. Lots of “opinions” without logical reasoning. But it’s ok…this IS Volnation I believe 😂😂.

I could see Harper winning a NC.

Our women's BB team should be good this season--thanks to a strong job of recruiting transfers--but Harper's high-school recruiting has been weak. We don't have a single 2023 commit yet.

So if you were the coach with your season on the line, you would’ve benched a guy with a slash line of .362/.455/.673? An All-American that walks more than he strikes out and drove in 70 runs this season. I think I’ve seen and heard it all now 🤣
Amen! Some posters are the poster child for stupid. :rolleyes:

People post an opinion on this site then get roasted FOR AN OPINION!

Get over it. Some people may not agree with you Einsteins.
your-opinion-means-15ee8c60f8.jpg

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back