President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

I would imagine having a tanker with several thousand gallons on a battlefield reads as a pretty soft and tempting target. Especially if you get some collateral. It's an age old issue that has always existed.

They refuel at the field trains behind the lines.

Reactions: AM64
This stupidity is amazing..How does one charge a military vehicle in the field with electricity..with a gas powered generator. So how do the gas powered generators get to the field? with another gas generator? Aren't they sitting ducks while charging? Won't this require extra logistic trains of gas/diesel? Converting gas to electricity results in energy losses.

Just off the top of my head...this is stupidity beyond stupidity

There's not much in this frenzy to go to EVs and "renewable" electric power that does make sense. Makes you wonder if some of the same military EV geniuses have had thoughts about developing an electric Jerry Can.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I cant imagine topping off 504 gallons into an M1 is a quick, danger free process. I would think when it comes to the military you will see exchangeable batteries. Way way in the future. Maybe not even in my life time. But that would be relatively quick and potentially not very invasive.

They don't get close to E

They don't get close to E

I was just looking at weights:

V6 vehicle weighs 3500 lbs and motor weighs maybe 400 lbs. An EV weighs 4000 lbs with a 1000 lb battery. Each with a roughly equitable 250HP, and 300 lbs/foot of torque for the EV and 250 lbs/ft for the V6.
A 70T M1 tank turbine looks to weigh 2500 lbs and provides 1500HP and 3900 lbs/ft of torque.
If I just extrapolate, the M1 battery would weigh 6X (6000 lbs) to achieve an equitable HP and 13000 lbs to achieve equitable Torque.

Now obviously torque is very important to a lumbering 70T tank. But imagine trying to maneuver thousands of 13000 lb batteries and installing them anywhere. Of course, a vehicle will be required to bring those batteries to the front with some loading mechanism, with armor weighing even more and protecting the integrity of the NBC of the tank.

Then the dead batteries will need to be returned and recharged, using as many amps to return back as to the tank. And of course the battery deliverers will need their own batteries. I cannot imagine the charge time for a battery of so many amps, so might as well set up a power plant at the Fuel Depot.

Now that is a juicy target.

Now to the weight of gas, diesel, or aviation kerosene, which incidentally the M1 can run on all 3..... About 7 lbs per gallon. So an equivalent energy output can be achieved allowing one EV recharger to deliver one 13000 lb battery as opposed to completely fueling 3+ tanks and go back fast and lighter empty.

Like I said stupid.

Last edited:
Careful there when saying things like that with this moron dude. Just sayin.
I really do think it is sad.

Regardless of how you feel about Joe Biden and his 40 years, he’s not that guy anymore. He’s a sweet old man that gets confused and falls and says crazy things.

He should be enjoying the time he has left, and they have just used him. And the worst is yet to come.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back